Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IF Hue replaces Merv as HC ...
Does he get to pick his own coaching staff? Yeah, we know he'll have to pick a new DC (hopefully not Merv), but will he able to choose whom else wil be on the sidelines with him?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2018, 01:01 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Does he get to pick his own coaching staff? Yeah, we know he'll have to pick a new DC (hopefully not Merv), but will he able to choose whom else wil be on the sidelines with him?
Considering how many of the staff was just hired last year, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they will come with the job.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
As lazy and incompetent as Mike is, would he really want the headlines associated with hiring the worst (non-owner) head coach - based on win % - in the entire history of the NFL?

Who am I kidding, of course he would. He's the same guy that once gave Dave Shula a 2 year extension after going 8-24.  Mellow

Man, if you think about it, we have 2 coaches who both own a piece of NFL history in terms of futility - Marvin in the PO's and Hue as HC in general. How could that not be a recipe for success going into next season? Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2018, 03:50 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: As lazy and incompetent as Mike is, would he really want the headlines associated with hiring the worst (non-owner) head coach - based on win % - in the entire history of the NFL?

Who am I kidding, of course he would. He's the same guy that once gave Dave Shula a 2 year extension after going 8-24.  Mellow

Man, if you think about it, we have 2 coaches who both own a piece of NFL history in terms of futility - Marvin in the PO's and Hue as HC in general. How could that not be a recipe for success going into next season? Ninja
Start engraving the Lombardi right now.

Around here, we just love makin' history.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
He's not capable of being a HC. If he does become our next, the curse will continue. He will not be able to do anything even if he was able to bring the best in here. We have a perfect storm here. MB as owner, ML as HC and HJ as whatever he is listed as doing (Special assistant loser or something like that). MB doesn't like change (unless its in his pocket). HJ is unable to coach in the NFL and ML is just as bad so putting him anywhere in the organization where he has a say will also create the same results.

We are doomed as long as any of these 3 are with us. To add salt to the wound, I'm seriously doubting Katie will be any different.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Honestly, we switched over a lot of position coaches and DC this year...and got worse.

I doubt that Hue brings in much talent in the coaching ranks.

All you need to know is the Browns got much better with the same players after he was fired.
Reply/Quote