Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IF we had a great HC and staff...
(10-25-2018, 08:49 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That OL that they have built in LA also helps make Lafleur look like a genius.  The ability to move some people, with the men up front, can lead to some masterful execution of plays.

I was debating J24 on this in another thread. Although they made 2 upgrades along the o-line, I feel coaching was the biggest difference.

Their offense went from dead last to first in one season.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2018, 02:28 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If this season continues to nose dive, I'm with Wyche. Gut the entire staff, hire the next brilliant young offensive mind (Matt Lafleur - OC of the Rams is my choice) and let him pick his entire staff. Keep Dalton, Green, Mixon, Geno, Dunlap and some our core in tact, and it should be an easy transition. Can you imagine LaFleur having Dalton, Green, Boyd, Mixon and Gio at his disposal? I feel Marv has always held our offense back.

(10-25-2018, 02:30 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Btw, I also think having Tobin around would help stabilize a transition to a new coaching staff. People underestimate his role.

I agree with Shake, if we have a poor season, meaning not making the Playoffs which is a poor season with these
players, we need to hire a great, young, Offensive mind like Lafleur and let him pick his entire staff. Do what the
Rams did. Also agree about Tobin, he is a smart dude and i think he stays out of the coaches bidness.
Reply/Quote
I wish it was just that easy to just follow other teams and find love in other teams lol its just not the same man. I could give a crap less about other teams history and everything surrounding their team. Would i love joe mixon if he went to the cowboys,no i wouldnt,but now hes been with us and a bengal i love mixon. Ill always love former players to like jeremy hill.
Reply/Quote
While we can certainly place plenty of blame on the current regime in Cincinnati there's also the big monied interests league-wide who seemingly get to decide who will be the refs for any given game and how they'll call the games, the rules and changes in rules and so forth . In the NFL there will never be a shortage of conspiracy theories telling us that only a handful of teams will ever win over the long haul and keep others from ever reaching the top no matter how good the team is and who the coaches are.
After all, it's a multi billion dollar business open to gambling on every game and extremely easy to corrupt.  
Whenever this team starts looking bad my thoughts almost always go toward the side of conspiracies and corruption. I can't help myself. I have never really trusted anyone who stands to gain billions of dollars. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2018, 07:29 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Throwing seasons for a high pick is more of a baseball thing and it hasn’t went to plan for the Reds. Salaries and competition is so much closer in football that the throwing seasons don’t make sense.

The Reds have been run by complete incompetent duds for far too long and owned by a guy who sells produce. Last time I checked nobody buys tickets to watch fruit rot. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote