Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IMPORTANT BENGALS NAMES COME END OF SUMMER
(05-22-2017, 05:08 AM)kevin Wrote: No, No, No.....First you block.....then you spread the field with passing and running......

If you can't block, the only thing that gets spread is the QB spread out on the ground or the RB spread for a loss.  

I don't know where some fans get the idea that drafting a RB or a WR is going to help the O Line....It never does....Either you can block or you can't.  If we can't block,  the best players ever couldn't spread the field.  ....When the ball is snapped, you either have blocking or you don't..

Bengals not only let Whitworth and Zeitler leave but they waited until their 8th pick to take an O Lineman.  They had 3 picks in Round 4 and passed on some good blockers and even early in 5 took a kicker, which is a questionable pick in 5.  They did get Andre Smith back....

The word isn't PANIC.....The word is KEY......It is KEY that Bengals put together an O Line this summer.  Right now, I would say we have worst O Line in NFL and that means losing season, I don't care who we drafted......So it is KEY, that the coaches turn what we have into enough blocking to win.....NOT PANIC.....BUT KEY.......KEY that coaches turn what we have into enough blocking to win.......THIS is the biggest challenge for this team this summer and preseason.  

If we can't block, we sure as heck won't be spreading the field.  More like quarterbacks getting sacked as soon as the ball is snapped.  

I hope they can coach these 14 O Linemen up and have enough blocking to Win......GO BENGALS. .....I wish they had addressed this area more in the draft. I hope they didn't take too many finesse players and not enough big men blockers. ....Come preseason I'm going to be watching to see if we have blocking or are our QB's and RB's getting killed. It may be the O Line doesn't come together until regular season. The Bengals offensive line is a very weak area going into this season. Since I want my Bengals to WIN, i know you can't WIN without BLOCKING....So I'm hoping the coaches get them good enough to WIN. ..I would say the O Line coach for Bengals may have the hardest job in NFL this summer, turning these 14 no names into a Solid NFL Blocking Unit.

Has the sky fallen yet? I get the concerns about the o line, I have them too. But it's not like they can't block at all. Using simplistic numbers, if a dominant line can block for 5 seconds and an average line can block 4 seconds and our unit can only block for 3, then spreading the field would make sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2017, 05:08 AM)kevin Wrote: No, No, No.....First you block.....then you spread the field with passing and running......

If you can't block, the only thing that gets spread is the QB spread out on the ground or the RB spread for a loss.  

I don't know where some fans get the idea that drafting a RB or a WR is going to help the O Line....It never does....Either you can block or you can't.  If we can't block,  the best players ever couldn't spread the field.  ....When the ball is snapped, you either have blocking or you don't..

Bengals not only let Whitworth and Zeitler leave but they waited until their 8th pick to take an O Lineman.  They had 3 picks in Round 4 and passed on some good blockers and even early in 5 took a kicker, which is a questionable pick in 5.  They did get Andre Smith back....

The word isn't PANIC.....The word is KEY......It is KEY that Bengals put together an O Line this summer.  Right now, I would say we have worst O Line in NFL and that means losing season, I don't care who we drafted......So it is KEY, that the coaches turn what we have into enough blocking to win.....NOT PANIC.....BUT KEY.......KEY that coaches turn what we have into enough blocking to win.......THIS is the biggest challenge for this team this summer and preseason.  

If we can't block, we sure as heck won't be spreading the field.  More like quarterbacks getting sacked as soon as the ball is snapped.  

I hope they can coach these 14 O Linemen up and have enough blocking to Win......GO BENGALS. .....I wish they had addressed this area more in the draft. I hope they didn't take too many finesse players and not enough big men blockers. ....Come preseason I'm going to be watching to see if we have blocking or are our QB's and RB's getting killed.  It may be the O Line doesn't come together until regular season.  The Bengals offensive line is a very weak area going into this season.  Since I want my Bengals to WIN, i know you can't WIN without BLOCKING....So I'm hoping the coaches get them good enough to WIN. ..I would say the O Line coach for Bengals may have the hardest job in NFL this summer, turning these 14 no names into a Solid NFL Blocking Unit.

A RB or WR never helps out an O-line? Simply not true, what do you think Screen passes and Slant routes are for?

The bottomline is that this draft was terrible for O-lineman, it wouldn't of mattered if we drafted Cam Robinson at 9.

He wouldn't of started this year anywhere on this O-line. The draft wasn't going to help us this year.

Sucks but we just have to hold out hope that Og and Fisher improve and Bodine plays solid.

I predict Og and Fisher will improve.

They cannot get any worse and Og will be at his natural position and Fisher will finally stay at one position instead of being moved everywhere.

Og for the first time will have an entire offseason to get stronger and work on his technique.

Bodine might improve with another year under the new OC yah never know.

Andre playing RG should be an upgrade in the run game if he can stay healthy and Mixon is way better than Hill already IMHO.

I don't like PA but i truly believe it is not as bad as you make it out to be...
Reply/Quote
I can't help but be hopeful for next season. I really hope our line blocks well, because I think that if they play good-great then we will be Superbowl bound. I'm really hoping that Ogbuehi will be able to be healthy all year including training camp, and it elevates his play. Bodine worried me before the season started last year, and still does this year. He did play better last year than his previous ones, so he could keep improving. I think Andre Smith will be a good guard, and he can switch to RT if any injuries happen. I'm actually more interested in how Zampese runs this offense. It has sooooo much potential to be incredibly good, because we have a lot of play makers right now. I think we have better weapons than in 2015 if everyone stays healthy.
Reply/Quote
I'm willing to hold my judgement on this new line until I see them play. Ced was awful last year, no doubt about it. But, until he sucks this year he has my support.

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2017, 05:45 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: From what I understand, they said that UCLA doesn't have the greatest strength training program (which kind of surprised me), but that Redmond has really taken to the Bengals program and they feel like he will compete with Westerman for the job at RG.  I thought Andre might make a very good RG, and maybe he still will, but they also like the idea of him as a backup to Fisher and since he is only on a one year deal it makes sense to develop your RG of the future.  

I think that is why they brought in Andre.  One year to start and then hopefully someone is ready to step in.  I doubt that Andre will be riding the pine when he is getting paid $4.5 million.
Reply/Quote