Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
INSIDER DRAFT INFO STRAIGHT FROM ZAC!
My friend lives in Cincinnati and he and my other friend ran into Zac at happy hour. Our other friend asked him if we're drafting Burrow and, without hesitation, says "don't know...... think we should draft a punter or kicker?"

Stayed straight-faced for a second and then cracked a smile and a chuckle!

Just glad that we have a coach with a bit of personality and that's open to interaction with fans!

It's the same way that he seems like a player's coach and will have (or already has) them buy into his scheme and have faith for the season and future!

I'm excited!
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 11:07 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: My friend lives in Cincinnati and he and my other friend ran into Zac at happy hour.  Our other friend asked him if we're drafting Burrow and, without hesitation, says "don't know......  think we should draft a punter or kicker?"

Just glad that we have a coach with a bit of personality and that's open to interaction with fans!

It's the same way that he seems like a player's coach and will have (or already has) them buy into his scheme and have faith for the season and future!

I'm excited!

Thanks Brad, love the personality of Zac and I don't find him to be a dummy at all and am hoping to see some brilliance from him 
this season and Burrow will help. I find it a bit confounding how a guy with such wit can call such plays in an NFL regular season 
game as he did that 4th and 1 in the shotgun.

Zac and Brian Callahan are very smart and witty when they are spoken to. WAY more so than Marv was while here.

I just need to see it resonate in wins. Us fans are more than hungry for wins. Let's GO!!! Mad
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 11:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks Brad, love the personality of Zac and I don't find him to be a dummy at all and am hoping to see some brilliance from him 
this season and Burrow will help. I find it a bit confounding how a guy with such wit can call such plays in an NFL regular season 

Zac and Brian Callahan are very smart and witty when they are spoken to. WAY more so than Marv was while here.

I just need to see it resonate in wins. Us fans are more than hungry for wins. Let's GO!!! Mad

That play still has me scratching my head.  

I feel like he was just getting his feet wet last season and getting into the flow of being a head coach.  I think Dalton, as good as he was for us, had his limitations that severely limited Brian's play calling and kind of hamstringed him.  I feel like they'll both be better with a year of experience in their new roles and they'll benefit from being able to coach Burrow to their strengths and also, and more importantly, coach to Burrow's strengths. 

I feel like their young minds just fits this team, as well as the current NFL, in a much better way than Marvin did.

IT'S OUR TIME!
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2020, 12:29 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: That play still has me scratching my head.  

I feel like he was just getting his feet wet last season and getting into the flow of being a head coach.  I think Dalton, as good as he was for us, had his limitations that severely limited Brian's play calling and kind of hamstringed him.  I feel like they'll both be better with a year of experience in their new roles and they'll benefit from being able to coach Burrow to their strengths and also, and more importantly, coach to Burrow's strengths. 

I feel like their young minds just fits this team, as well as the current NFL, in a much better way than Marvin did.

IT'S OUR TIME!

Ol Zac took Marvin's 6 win team, and got 2 wins outta them. Not sure I agree that Zac Taylor and Callahan are better fits in today's NFL... They're just younger.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Don’t talk bad about Zac! He won the first overall pick in the draft AND a spot coaching the Senior Bowl in just his first season!
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 11:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks Brad, love the personality of Zac and I don't find him to be a dummy at all and am hoping to see some brilliance from him 

I don't think that play is any big mystery.  Rookie mistake trying to be overly unpredictable. The other team knew Dalton would do the QB sneak, and Taylor knew the other team knew the QB sneak was coming. He tried to outsmart them instead of sneaking it. It was the wrong thing to do, he should have just let Dalton do it.  Hopefully he learned from it. 
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2020, 09:54 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't think that play is any big mystery.  Rookie mistake trying to be overly unpredictable. The other team knew Dalton would do the QB sneak, and Taylor knew the other team knew the QB sneak was coming. He tried to outsmart them instead of sneaking it. It was the wrong thing to do, he should have just let Dalton do it.  Hopefully he learned from it. 

As long as they were in shotgun, he could have feigned like he was running up the gut, then pulled up for one of those jump passes.  That might have actually had a chance.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 11:07 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: My friend lives in Cincinnati and he and my other friend ran into Zac at happy hour.  Our other friend asked him if we're drafting Burrow and, without hesitation, says "don't know......  think we should draft a punter or kicker?"

I'm excited!

You should have said:  "Yes! Take Rodrigo in the 6th round"  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2020, 10:13 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: You should have said:  "Yes! Take Rodrigo in the 6th round"  Hilarious

Well the guy drafted a blocking TE in the second. The idea of taking a punter or kicker at number 1 can't be THAT outlandish to him.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2020, 10:13 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: You should have said:  "Yes! Take Rodrigo in the 6th round"  Hilarious

I'd take him in the 5th. That dude is going to be a very good kicker. 
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2020, 12:29 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I feel like he was just getting his feet wet last season

Yep. That is exactly what happens when you piss down your leg.
Reply/Quote
So great we have a coach who can laugh and cheer on our players unlike Marvin who just giggled and clapped.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2020, 12:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yep. That is exactly what happens when you piss down your leg.

Shots fired!!!!

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2020, 11:51 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I'd take him in the 5th. That dude is going to be a very good kicker. 

Our 6th round pick is one slot out of Rd 5...I wouldn't give our 5th for a kicker...any kicker.  
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2020, 10:53 AM)jason Wrote: Well the guy drafted a blocking TE in the second. The idea of taking a punter or kicker at number 1 can't be THAT outlandish to him.

I think Drew Sample will still end up being a very solid pro....not sure if this offense is right for him, but toward the end of the season we saw a lot more of Eifert and Uzomah.  
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2020, 11:51 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I'd take him in the 5th. That dude is going to be a very good kicker. 

I live in GA and watch a lot of GA games. Rodrigo is accurate inside 40 yards. But, on FGs 40 yards or longer his FG% drops to less than 70%.

I like him, but I don’t wouldn’t draft him.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2020, 10:01 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: As long as they were in shotgun, he could have feigned like he was running up the gut, then pulled up for one of those jump passes.  That might have actually had a chance.

Wasn’t that the play when Hart just completely missed his block? I mean he was a statue. A turnstile would be an upgrade because a turnstile implies some sort of movement skill.

Blackburn should be fired for this re-signing alone. Signing the guy out of desperation is one thing. Re-signing the guy is incompetence. Then defending the re-signing is a level of cluelessness that shouldn’t be involved in shaping a NFL roster in any capacity even if it means his only involvement is carrying Mike Brown’s piss bucket.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2020, 02:30 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Wasn’t that the play when Hart just completely missed his block?  I mean he was a statue. A turnstile would be an upgrade because a turnstile implies some sort of movement skill.

Blackburn should be fired for this re-signing alone. Signing the guy out of desperation is one thing. Re-signing the guy is incompetence. Then defending the re-signing is a level of cluelessness that shouldn’t be involved in shaping a NFL roster in any capacity even if it means his only involvement is carrying Mike Brown’s piss bucket.

WhoDey2 Which is exactly what he should be doing. Every time I think of Troy Blackburn, it reminds me of Carlo married to Connie in the Godfather...  
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2020, 04:09 PM)JSR18 Wrote: WhoDey2 Which is exactly what he should be doing. Every time I think of Troy Blackburn, it reminds me of Carlo married to Connie in the Godfather...  

I guess that makes Mike, Fredo?

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2020, 04:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I guess that makes Mike, Fredo?
WhoDey2 Nope, Duke Tobin is Fredo... 
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote