Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ISIS Propaganda Video 11/27/15
Just posting the video, for those who have not seen it.

[Image: bd50d39283b86476f23f787dbcc7b533.jpg]
Looks like a slick, professionally produced piece of propaganda/psychops.  Question is, for whom?  The terrorists or the Islamophobes?
(11-30-2015, 02:02 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Looks like a slick, professionally produced piece of propaganda/psychops.  Question is, for whom?  The terrorists or the Islamophobes?

It has surely been created to perpetuate fear and generate hatred. 
The more hatred of Islam they can generate,  the easier it is to recruit and build their "state".

(11-30-2015, 02:22 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: It has surely been created to perpetuate fear and generate hatred. 
The more hatred of Islam they can generate,  the easier it is to recruit and build their "state".

Yep. The more they get people to see extremist Islam as THE Islam, the more they further their cause. The more people share things like it, the more they are assisting in the radicalization process. The more the idea that ISIL thrives on of being at war with the west becomes legitimized.
(11-30-2015, 02:22 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: It has surely been created to perpetuate fear and generate hatred. 

Echoes of the Ranger stuff I watched at the recruiter's office.
(11-30-2015, 02:35 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The more people share things like it, the more they are assisting in the radicalization process. 

I felt bad for posting this video, after seeing your other thread.
I was hoping it was not the inspiration for it.

Sad
(11-30-2015, 06:26 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I felt bad for posting this video, after seeing your other thread.
I was hoping it was not the inspiration for it.

Sad

It wasn't. I'm not trying to pick on anyone here about this sort of thing. Most of the people here are sharing it for the sake of discussion. And honestly, it's not that I think we should not share this sort of thing because we need to be knowledgeable about what is out there and we need to talk about it. Hiding from reality is a ridiculous position to take. I just think what we need to do is when an act of terrorism occurs we should share a story about life moving on for every story we share about the devastation. Remind ourselves that yes, tragedy happens. Yes, these are horrible things. Yes, life goes on. Not just here, but on social media as well.

You didn't present this video and say "see! This is what Islam is all about! Those blasted Muslims are all evil!" You shared it for people to take on their own, and that's fine. It's when people use these videos to spread their own propaganda, their own hate, they are playing into the hands of the folks that are fighting against us.

Edit to add: I should note that part of this is a challenge to myself, because I'm just as guilty of this sort of thing. I had decided to try to do this some time ago, and I guess the Paris attacks kind of gave me my first real reminder of that challenge. Then this past Sunday we were issued an Advent challenge by the same pastor. We were told to look for, and share, something that shows God's kingdom shining through in our lives. I know this is something that will sound cheesy and pointless to some on here, so anyone wanting to get into that debate feel free to have your commentary ignored. But what it's really about is finding the good amidst all the bad. Finding the shining light in the darkness. Whatever faith you may have, or lack thereof, it's a good thing to be in the habit of looking out for.
(11-30-2015, 06:39 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: It wasn't. I'm not trying to pick on anyone here about this sort of thing. Most of the people here are sharing it for the sake of discussion. And honestly, it's not that I think we should not share this sort of thing because we need to be knowledgeable about what is out there and we need to talk about it. Hiding from reality is a ridiculous position to take. I just think what we need to do is when an act of terrorism occurs we should share a story about life moving on for every story we share about the devastation. Remind ourselves that yes, tragedy happens. Yes, these are horrible things. Yes, life goes on. Not just here, but on social media as well.

You didn't present this video and say "see! This is what Islam is all about! Those blasted Muslims are all evil!" You shared it for people to take on their own, and that's fine. It's when people use these videos to spread their own propaganda, their own hate, they are playing into the hands of the folks that are fighting against us.

Edit to add: I should note that part of this is a challenge to myself, because I'm just as guilty of this sort of thing. I had decided to try to do this some time ago, and I guess the Paris attacks kind of gave me my first real reminder of that challenge. Then this past Sunday we were issued an Advent challenge by the same pastor. We were told to look for, and share, something that shows God's kingdom shining through in our lives. I know this is something that will sound cheesy and pointless to some on here, so anyone wanting to get into that debate feel free to have your commentary ignored. But what it's really about is finding the good amidst all the bad. Finding the shining light in the darkness. Whatever faith you may have, or lack thereof, it's a good thing to be in the habit of looking out for.

I think that is a fine thing to strive for.
If we obsess on negative things in life, we may never find time for the positive. 
(11-30-2015, 02:40 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Echoes of the Ranger stuff I watched at the recruiter's office.

Haha I bet you did ..... Still trying to play up this alleged military stint I see.... Call of Duty must be a heck of a game.
(12-02-2015, 12:56 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Haha I bet you did .....   Still trying to play up this alleged military stint I see....  Call of Duty must be a heck of a game.

I've have the orders and certificates in my I Love Me book to prove those claims, too.
(12-02-2015, 06:06 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I've have the orders and certificates in my I Love Me book to prove those claims, too.

Why do you care so much whether I believe you or not?
(12-02-2015, 06:39 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Why do you care so much whether I believe you or not?

I have integrity.  It has nothing to do with you or what you think.  You obviously wouldn't understand.
(12-02-2015, 12:56 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Haha I bet you did .....   Still trying to play up this alleged military stint I see....  Call of Duty must be a heck of a game.

So patriotic of you lucy.  Really showing your colors here.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-02-2015, 07:09 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: So patriotic of you lucy.  Really showing your colors here.

His patriotism is fake.  Along with everything else about him.
(12-02-2015, 07:41 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: His patriotism is fake.  Along with everything else about him.

Have to agree with you at this point. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-02-2015, 07:03 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I have integrity.  It has nothing to do with you or what you think.  You obviously wouldn't understand.

Great. Then we will need to some more photos. I'm not convinced.