Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ISIS and Turkey
I'm just going to leave the link and get back with it, as it is late.
Feel free to discuss !
ThumbsUp

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/links-between-turkey-and-isis-are-now-undeniable-2015-7
(07-30-2015, 12:15 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: I'm just going to leave the link and get back with it, as it is late.
Feel free to discuss !
ThumbsUp

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/links-between-turkey-and-isis-are-now-undeniable-2015-7

Finally got to read it and it definitely explains the recent cooperation that Turkey has afforded to the US.
It is a total clusterfuck.

US sees Kurdish PPK as an ally against ISIS. Turkey sees tham as an enemy to Turkey. So while Turkey is agreeing to help the US fight ISIS they still are fighting against the Kurds who are also supposed to be helping the US fight ISIS.

Basically Turkey is helping us at the same time they are fighting against one of our allies.

Like I said. Total clusterfuck.
That's a weird combo. I'm having pepper jack cheese with my turkey wrap.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(07-30-2015, 02:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is a total clusterfuck.

US sees Kurdish PPK as an ally against ISIS.  Turkey sees tham as an enemy to Turkey.  So while Turkey is agreeing to help the US fight ISIS they still are fighting against the Kurds who are also supposed to be helping the US fight ISIS.

Basically Turkey is helping us at the same time they are fighting against one of our allies.

Like I said.  Total clusterfuck.

I totally agree.

I'm curious, do you give any credibility to the idea that the US funded ISIS in the beginning ?
(07-30-2015, 03:06 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I'm curious, do you give any credibility to the idea that the US funded ISIS in the beginning ?

No.

We already knew what ISIS was all about before we started supporting rebel groups that were fighting against Assad.  I don't think we would ever have given them any support just to help get rid of Assad.
(07-30-2015, 03:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.

We already knew what ISIS was all about before we started supporting rebel groups that were fighting against Assad.  I don't think we would ever have given them any support just to help get rid of Assad.

I'm still kind of on the fence.
Does the chemical weapon offense timeline line up with the rise of ISIS ?
I'll look it up, but just thought I'd ask.