Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ickey Woods Ruler of the Jungle
[Image: 357419_original.jpg?1290672806]
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Used to do the icky shuffle when I was a kid. Loved this guy.
Reply/Quote
This is awesome. Who Dey! From the shuffle to the griddy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Great choice! (What exactly is ruler of the jungle?)
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 12:22 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: This is awesome. Who Dey! From the shuffle to the griddy.

Chase touchdown dance griddy into a shuffle and I’ll just go ahead and die happy.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 12:32 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Chase touchdown dance griddy into a shuffle and I’ll just go ahead and die happy.

Especially if we are up 42-14 over the Packers in the Super Bowl with under a minute to play.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 12:31 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Great choice! (What exactly is ruler of the jungle?)

No sarcasm or snark, I promise, but have you not watched a single game this year?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Orange socks and Ickey? The streak is falling Saturday, folks.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 12:57 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: No sarcasm or snark, I promise, but have you not watched a single game this year?

On tv but I haven’t been to any games this year. I usually turn in the tv at game time so maybe I miss something? I’ve heard it mentioned here but I don’t really know what all it entails.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 01:06 AM)michaelsean Wrote: On tv but I haven’t been to any games this year. I usually turn in the tv at game time so maybe I miss something?  I’ve heard it mentioned here but I don’t really know what all it entails.

The Ruler basically gets to carry a scepter, sit in the throne used for the uniform announcement, and lead the crowd in the Who Dey cheer.  It is just a bit of fun to add to the pre-game activities.  They've used it to honor ex-players, local Olympic medalists, Bengals Fan of the Year, and GMFB and fan of the team GMFB's Kay Adams

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Good choice and Ickey knows something about winning in the early rounds of playoffs as well.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Awesome choice! Now I'm pumped, "Get yer cold cuts!!" LMAO
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 12:15 AM)QueenCity Wrote: [Image: 357419_original.jpg?1290672806]

First of all, how did you scoop Pally?   Hilarious

Second, this is a great choice.  My man has been selling supplemental health insurance in the area and is doing quite well.  I hope he brings memories and energy and has a great time.   He was really something in the short while he was playing before the injury. 
Reply/Quote
The official tweet:

Reply/Quote
Glad it's him and not some gimmicky celebrity. I'd like to see more players get a chance to do this and have their day in the sun.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 01:43 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Glad it's him and not some gimmicky celebrity.  I'd like to see more players get a chance to do this and have their day in the sun.

Same and I'm getting ahead of ourselves, but if we play the Steelers it should be Housh with a terrible towel.
Reply/Quote
More than deserving. I love it. I remember those days.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 01:43 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Glad it's him and not some gimmicky celebrity.  I'd like to see more players get a chance to do this and have their day in the sun.

Yeah me too. I hope he has a great time Saturday and as some mentioned, Chase mixes his dance into the shuffle. What a tribute that would be.

Reply/Quote
Just need Mixon to do the Shuffle when he scores. That'd be doing it right.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote