Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ickey Woods - huge things, Mixon future
Zeke Elliot might ask for a trade given the Cowboys' new ketchup master, pianist, and Oline coach.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2018, 12:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I said it before with a Line that can block at will in the run game and teams cannot stop it we CAN win in the Playoffs...

I fully believe we can go deep in the playoffs if everyone stays healthy, even all the way. That said, I think we have to win the division to get in, as a Wild Card in the AFC this year is going to be a tough get..... it seems everyone has improved their rosters immensely. 
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2018, 03:19 AM)Shady Wrote: Zeke Elliot might ask for a trade given the Cowboys' new ketchup master, pianist, and Oline coach.

PA won't last more than two years in Dallas. Unless Jerry has reached Mike Brown levels of delusion... Maybe he already has... Wait... Never mind. PA will be with Dallas for 26 years  Tongue  
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2018, 12:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice post Neb, just makes me tingly inside. Smirk

All this positive stuff is gettin' me tingly too.  If our OL becomes a force, we're gonna' be hard to beat.  And at the very least, competitive.  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
The differences in blocking scheme makes me forget what our incumbents have done in recent years. Sure Ced O doesnt step back and "catch" defenders well, but that is VERY different from running out to hit them so maybe he will do that a lot better. Any OLmen we have could be a different kind of animal in this blocking scheme compared to PA's. I'm excited to see who emerges.
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2018, 01:25 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: They are good, no doubt, but can they "gel" or have a good "chemistry" a.k.a. work naturally together, that is the real question. Hopefully the answer to that question is our new OL coach... and so far it looks like it is... let's hope so.... less than 2 months to go.

My question too and believe chemistry is most important on OL. 

Still very excited though ! 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2018, 08:24 AM)bengaloo Wrote: The differences in blocking scheme makes me forget what our incumbents have done in recent years. Sure Ced O doesnt step back and "catch" defenders well, but that is VERY different from running out to hit them so maybe he will do that a lot better. Any OLmen we have could be a different kind of animal in this blocking scheme compared to PA's. I'm excited to see who emerges.

True and it will be interesting to see who develops. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2018, 08:24 AM)bengaloo Wrote: The differences in blocking scheme makes me forget what our incumbents have done in recent years. Sure Ced O doesnt step back and "catch" defenders well, but that is VERY different from running out to hit them so maybe he will do that a lot better. Any OLmen we have could be a different kind of animal in this blocking scheme compared to PA's. I'm excited to see who emerges.

Right

I've brought this up a few times and don't know enough about O-line/blocking schemes to say. But how much did all the run pass option plays play into the blocking scheme and was that the playbook we needed to run with that very suspect O-line ?

Fingers crossed they get it figured out this season.
Reply/Quote
If you all get a chance, go to training camp this year and watch Mixon. I really didn't want him last year, even though he had great tape in college. But that is behind me. His speed is impressive for a big guy.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2018, 08:52 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I fully believe we can go deep in the playoffs if everyone stays healthy, even all the way. That said, I think we have to win the division to get in, as a Wild Card in the AFC this year is going to be a tough get..... it seems everyone has improved their rosters immensely. 

I believe we should win the Division this year with an improved O-line, should of split with the Steelers last year
with that pathetic O-line that we had. Should be night and day of a difference for Dalton to actually have a pocket
to step into and for our talented RB's to actually have holes to run through.

4-2 in the Division at the very least is what i am predicting. We always have the Stains and Raven's number.

(07-22-2018, 01:56 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: All this positive stuff is gettin' me tingly too.  If our OL becomes a force, we're gonna' be hard to beat.  And at the very least, competitive.  

Agreed, it should take some time so people need to be patient early but once the chemistry starts coming together...

True that Bengaloo, hard to judge when these guys were just set up to fail.

Remember Og making a good block his rookie year on a pull where he pancaked a guy.

That was an aggressive blocking scheme on that play and he looked good. Just haven't seen that out of him since.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2018, 09:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You know it Harley, Barry just made NFL players look silly.

Best spin move ever, had all the moves plus the strength and speed.

Smarts as well, have to have smarts to do what he did.

Were we ever close to acquiring Barry back then? (trade or draft)
Reply/Quote