Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ideal Headers
Is it ideal for each header pipe to be the same length coming from the manifold into the collectors plus have the ceramic coated to reduce heat?

I do believe as long as the pipes are the same length, you reduce back pressure which gives better exhaust flow.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
I never measured, but I think all the cars I had with headers, they we're pretty well the same length.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2019, 11:36 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Is it ideal for each header pipe to be the same length coming from the manifold into the collectors plus have the ceramic coated to reduce heat?

I do believe as long as the pipes are the same length, you reduce back pressure which gives better exhaust flow.

Headers are supposed to be equal length.  Has to do with uniform scavenging to reduce back pressure.

I am no expert, so I can't swear that is true.  But I read up on it the one time I bought an after market header for a car.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2019, 05:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Headers are supposed to be equal length.  Has to do with uniform scavenging to reduce back pressure.

I am no expert, so I can't swear that is true.  But I read up on it the one time I bought an after market header for a car.

This is correct, it's why you often see crazy looking headers with all sorts of twists and turns in transverse mounted engines to achieve equal length.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote