Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ideal Scenario
Most years I like to throw out a thread for ideal scenarios or drafts staying semi-realistic since all rankings vary some. Here is what I came up with for this year.

Round 1 - Laquon Treadwell (WR) Ole Miss - Bengals landing the top WR in the draft (regardless what his 40 time is) to pair with AJ Green and Tyler Eifert for years to come would be a dream come true for Andy Dalton and the Bengals after losing Marvin Jones and Mo Sanu.

Round 2 - Vernon Butler (DT) Louisiana Tech - I think Billings in the first round would be an excellent selection as well but if I had to choose between Billings and Treadwell obviously my choice is listed above. There are a lot of talented Defensive Tackles in this draft and even though most think Butler is drafted in the first (and very well could be) some of that talent is going to fall and someone is going to be available at pick #55 we didn't expect. I think that could very well be Butler. If not it could be Kenny Clark or Adolphus Washington.

Round 3 - Vonn Bell (S) Ohio State - Would have loved to land Karl Joseph in this spot but I think he is a late first/early second round guy at this point. I think his rise is what ultimately could lead to Bell's slide in the draft. Bell has great coverage skills and would be an excellent selection here in the 3rd.

Round 4 - Cyrus Jones (CB/Returner) Alabama - This guy immediately provides the upgrade we have all been hoping for over Tate in the return game and is coming along nicely as a CB. We don't need to rush him in at CB anytime soon so he can develop at that spot while making an immediate impact in the return game.

Round 5 - Max Tuerk © USC - I don't see the Bengals going any earlier at Center than this if at all. Bodine is going into his 3rd year and I would say if anything they will ride it out for at least 1 or 2 more years with him as the starter regardless if he is the weak link or not. With that said, I think having a good backup that hopefully either pushes Bodine to improve or eventually replaces him would be a smart decision for the Bengals.

Round 6 - Kolby Listenbee (WR) TCU - Speed, speed, speed. If we drafted Treadwell he gives us another big WR that can make tough catches and runs good routes. We should look to double dip to replace some of the speed we lost when Jones left in free agency. A combination of Treadwell and Listenbee in this draft would be a tremendous upgrade of talent from Jones and Sanu IMO and that doesn't even factor in LaFell for this season. Keep the weapons stocked for Dalton and hopefully a Super Bowl run.

Round 7 - Shawn Oakman (DE) Baylor - Obviously this would be a controversial pick with his recent charges. However, what is the risk at this point of the draft? Most 7th rounders don't stick in the league anyways so if he is found guilty of his crime then cut him, if not you have added a potential rotational DE this late in the draft. How many teams wish they would have went ahead and drafted La'el Collins last year in the 7th round instead of letting him join the Cowboys as an UDFA??? I'd say A LOT.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
Yes, that is ideal. But it is also possible. Would love that scenario no question.

As always i find DE and C to be bigger needs than most but this is not bad for either spot. Both selections help
unlike many in those rounds. If we are picking a Center that late Teurk is a good one and Oakman reminds me
of MJ and would keep our rotation good.

Rock On
Reply/Quote
I doubt the Bengals go WR in round 1. I just get the feeling that the guys that are there in the 2nd round won't be much different from the guys in the 1st round.

I think they will go defense in round 1 (unless they take a center) and go WR in rounds 2 and 3.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2016, 05:46 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I doubt the Bengals go WR in round 1.  I just get the feeling that the guys that are there in the 2nd round won't be much different from the guys in the 1st round.

I think they will go defense in round 1 (unless they take a center) and go WR in rounds 2 and 3.

What WR's in the late 2nd round will be as good as Treadwell, Coleman or Doctson?

I know the Bengals are high on Michael Thomas but he probably won't fall that far, same with Sterling Shepard.

I like Tyler Boyd, maybe.

But i could definately see WR as the pick in round 1 for the Bengals.

If we go Defense i bet it is either William Jackson III CB Houston or hopefully for me Andrew Billings DT Baylor.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2016, 06:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What WR's in the late 2nd round will be as good as Treadwell, Coleman or Doctson?

I know the Bengals are high on Michael Thomas but he probably won't fall that far, same with Sterling Shepard.

I like Tyler Boyd, maybe.

But i could definately see WR as the pick in round 1 for the Bengals.

If we go Defense i bet it is either William Jackson III CB Houston or hopefully for me Andrew Billings DT Baylor.

I'm guessing you loved this draft Nate? You liked Tyler Boyd and we grabbed in the second. You predicted William Jackson III if we went Defense and we grabbed him. You were looking at Billings as another first round option and we landed him in the 4th. If you would have mentioned Vigil in this post I would say head straight to Vegas...lol...well done
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote