Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ideal trade...Cam Fleming
Now that NE may be in need of another WR, they have a solid backup OT in Cameron Fleming that can help net them a replacement. He's a capable pass blocker and expendable as NE drafted Garcia at tackle and have great starters.

It may take a few weeks for the playbook, but he gives an acual descent OT option. Cincy has too many WRs, so maybe one gets dealt. Like they take a hit on LaFelle's deal but NE gets him for his time in the system. That or even Boys for Fleming and a conditional late pick or something. Just an idea but they owe it to Andy having a capable RT and Fisher as a 6th man if the other starters fail early.
Per below, he may get paid as next year's FA crop looks terrible. So you get a comp pick worst case.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.patspulpit.com/platform/amp/2017/8/23/16189980/cameron-fleming-is-about-to-join-nate-solder-as-a-top-3-free-agent-tackle-after-2017

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4801526/why-ot-cameron-fleming-is-worth-the-1-7-million-rfa-tender
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2017, 01:03 AM)phil413 Wrote: Now that NE may be in need of another WR, they have a solid backup OT in Cameron Fleming that can help net them a replacement.  He's a capable pass blocker and expendable as NE drafted Garcia at tackle and have great starters.

It may take a few weeks for the playbook, but he gives an acual descent OT option.  Cincy has too many WRs, so maybe one gets dealt. Like they take a hit on LaFelle's deal but NE gets him for his time in the system.  That or even Boys for Fleming and a conditional late pick or something. Just an idea but they owe it to Andy having a capable RT and Fisher as a 6th man if the other starters fail early.
Per below, he may get paid as next year's FA crop looks terrible.  So you get a comp pick worst case.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.patspulpit.com/platform/amp/2017/8/23/16189980/cameron-fleming-is-about-to-join-nate-solder-as-a-top-3-free-agent-tackle-after-2017

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4801526/why-ot-cameron-fleming-is-worth-the-1-7-million-rfa-tender

I think that would be impressive if the Bengals could pull that off.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
They want Lafell back?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I would think that the Pats would use Burkhead in more of a Receiver/Back hybrid role. But, you never know with them, what they have in mind to fill the void left by Edelman.

Wasn't Edelman also their primary punt returner?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2017, 08:38 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: They want Lafell back?

Just speculating, but they need a WR now with Edelman out.  LaFell could step right in on the outside and Hogan plays slot.  Brady can throw to anyone but why not help the guy. 
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2017, 09:40 AM)phil413 Wrote: Just speculating, but they need a WR now with Edelman out.  LaFell could step right in on the outside and Hogan plays slot.  Brady can throw to anyone but why not help the guy. 

I would think that a player like Erickson would be more appealing to the Pats.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2017, 09:42 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I would think that a player like Erickson would be more appealing to the Pats.

Or Tyler Boyd. But I do not believe by any means the Patriots are hurting at WR.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2017, 01:03 AM)phil413 Wrote: Now that NE may be in need of another WR, they have a solid backup OT in Cameron Fleming that can help net them a replacement.  He's a capable pass blocker and expendable as NE drafted Garcia at tackle and have great starters.

It may take a few weeks for the playbook, but he gives an acual descent OT option.  Cincy has too many WRs, so maybe one gets dealt. Like they take a hit on LaFelle's deal but NE gets him for his time in the system.  That or even Boys for Fleming and a conditional late pick or something. Just an idea but they owe it to Andy having a capable RT and Fisher as a 6th man if the other starters fail early.
Per below, he may get paid as next year's FA crop looks terrible.  So you get a comp pick worst case.  

There is absolutely no way they should trade starting WR Brandon Lafell for back-up Cameron Fleming.  Again, too many people are jumping the gun on preseason.  I don't know if you get the Bengals on TV.  Last year LaFell was our go to guy with Eifert and Green injured. I was impressed by LaFells ability to get 2 feet in on sidelines patterns. He has great awareness, footwork, great hands, great rout runner being where he is suppose to be.  Boyd, Core, Ross, Malone have not earned the #2 WR spot yet.  We are still trying to replace Jones and Sanu.  AJ Green without help will get double teamed.  Against Baltimore it has to be Green, Lafell and at TE Eifert. Those are the guys Dalton knows. It doesn't matter what you think. Those are the guys Dalton knows. Those are the guys he has the timing down with.  Our best chance of beating Baltimore is Green, LaFell and Eifert.  The # 3 is probably Boyd since Dalton threw to him last year.  Ross has been set back by injuries. In time he will be in there but against Baltimore we need Dalton to have receivers Dalton has the timing down on and THAT takes time. It doesn't come in a day or two.  Most of these NFL passes are thrown before the receiver makes his cut. The route, the timing, the QB and the receiver have to know each other on these precise NFL pass plays. They are 100 times faster than high school or college due to the quick NFL defenses.  Dalton knows Green. Lafell and Eifert and that is a strength.  You want to trade off our strength for more of our weakness.  Look, the whole idea is to Block so Dalton has time to hit Green, LaFell and Eifert.   WE have enough Offensive Linemen without trading for this back-up hack. Now if somebody gets cut and we can pick them up as free agent, that is different.   With NFL cuts coming, trading for a back-up is counter productive with good players soon to be cut in the NFL.  

So trading starter LaFell for this back-up, No Way.....Dalton has the timing down with LaFell now and Green needs all the help he can get often double teamed.  Lafell has a huge role going into Baltimore Game as our # 2 WR....Boyd probably # 3 because Dalton knows him a little now....Ross slowed but injuries is not a good weapon for Dalton yet, no timing between them in games, but later on he will be. Might want to break him in on 4 WR package sets. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2017, 09:47 AM)Synric Wrote: Or Tyler Boyd. But I do not believe by any means the Patriots are hurting at WR.

Yeah, this is my thought too. I think the premise is built off the idea that the Patriots need a WR, but I am not so sure they do. They still have Brandin Cooks, Malcolm Mitchell, Chris Hogan, and Danny Amendola at WR, and Rob Gronkowski and Dwayne Allen at TE.

There's still two people with multiple 1,100+ yard seasons on that list. Which just goes to show the stupid amount they had prior to the injury, since prior to the Edelman injury, they would have had three people with an 1,100+ yard receiving season on that team.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Brandin cooks, Chris hogan,, Danny amendola and Malcom butler. Gronk and Allen at te. They're not exactly hurting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I like the idea for sure, as I have stated for a while, we will make one trade before the regular season starts and we have a surplus at WR
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
While I don't mind the idea of trying to trade to bolster the OLine, Tyler Boyd is definitely not one of the pieces I would trade. LaFell, maybe, because we have a bunch of young and talented WRs. No way I would trade Boyd though. If our guys continue to come along, Boyd, Core, Malone, and Ross will be good for us for awhile. I agree that Erickson would probably be of more interest to New England, but I would keep him too for depth and what he does for us in the return game. The only potentially expendable WR I see is LaFell.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2017, 11:26 AM)corpjet Wrote: I like the idea for sure, as I have stated for a while, we will make one trade before the regular season starts and we have a surplus at WR

This ain't baseball. Trades in the NFL don't happen very easy, and Trumpy and Collinsworth on radio use to say trying to guess NFL trades is a waste of time.  ....ALSO teams are about ready to cut players as after every preseason. THIS is where teams for the most part add players this time of the year.....People are making a good point that Patriots are in good shape at WR. Probably more than Bengals....Bengals have 3 guys Dalton has the timing passes reps with, Green, Eifert and LaFell.  Towards end of season Dalton and Boyd developed a little bit but it needs work.  AS for Core, Ross, Malone, Erickson, Dalton has few timing pattern reps with these guys.  So we have 3 pass catchers Dalton has experience with and all the rest are developmental players. ...This isn't high school or college where somebody gets open and you throw the ball.  The NFL defenses are too fast.  In the NFL if a WR got open and then the QB threw the ball, by the time the ball gets there the D is all over him.  So just about everything in the NFL is timing patterns, timing patterns and more timing patterns.  We have 3 pass catchers Dalton has timing with and the others are not ready for the Baltimore home opener. Boyd has enough reps to be #3 WR.  We are not as loaded at WR as people think and people forget we also lost Jones and Sanu. These new guys hopefully replace Jones and Sanu but the timing with Dalton is not there yet.   So Patriots are not that in need of WR and we are not that loaded at WR.  This second string O Lineman is no better than what we already have and teams are days away from player cuts anyway.  I do not see a trade before the Baltimore season opener. Maybe a cut free agent pick-up, but not a trade.  The focus is on beating Baltimore and that is Dalton to Green, Lafell, Eifert and Boyd as #3 WR and in 3rd and long probably take out RB and put in Ross or Core or Malone. 

Now in 2015 when Bengals started 8-0 before Dalton got injured we were deep in timing pattern receivers. Losing Jones and Sanu hurt greatly in 2016. Boyd, Ross, Core, Malone may get the timing down with Dalton, but for the Baltimore opener we have only 3 receivers Dalton has a lot of reps with. Green, Eifert, LaFell. ...None of those 3 should be getting traded anywhere before the Baltimore game. Dalton needs them to beat Baltimore. Dalton has enough reps with Boyd to be #3 WR and has been kind of a slot WR on short yards after catch slant patterns like TJ use to be. On 3rd and long we could use a Henry type to go fast down field on long bomb routes, and the speedy Ross should fill the need. I fail to see then how Malone, Core and Erickson are Superstar Deep in pass catchers...plus you don't go through a season without injuries, so they fill a need.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Here is the biggest problem this whole scenario.

RT is not our biggest issue right now. I would be more inclined to consider this offer if you were talking LT, but to me it sounds like you're looking at the wrong side of the line.
Reply/Quote

Phil is still looking for that FA RT. Mellow

I like how Fisher has played so far it is Og that is still the big ?
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2017, 01:53 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Here is the biggest problem this whole scenario.

RT is not our biggest issue right now. I would be more inclined to consider this offer if you were talking LT, but to me it sounds like you're looking at the wrong side of the line.

Not really, Fisher is a very versatile OL and Ced is still a question mark.  I'm talking about bringing in someone's backup that is starter quality in our team.  That addresses the reservations above in the LaFell scenario since you're not dealing for a backup if he's your starter.

Back to RT, Fleming starts and allows Fisher to start at the needed positon, no matter if that is LT or even RG.  If Ced turns the switch and Andre or Hopkins play well at RG then you have a nice delima.  Fisher should be a luxury of a stud 6th man on a contender...but we're talking about piecing an OL together.  Start Fleming, keep him or get the comp pick and have actual options on the OL.  Fisher at LT and Fleming at RT could be a failsafe.  Right now as it stands if Ced doesn't play well then the other 52 guys will either have a lot to overcome or won't be playing past week 17
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2017, 12:54 PM)kevin Wrote: This ain't baseball. Trades in the NFL don't happen very easy, and Trumpy and Collinsworth on radio use to say trying to guess NFL trades is a waste of time.  ....ALSO teams are about ready to cut players as after every preseason. THIS is where teams for the most part add players this time of the year.....People are making a good point that Patriots are in good shape at WR. Probably more than Bengals....Bengals have 3 guys Dalton has the timing passes reps with, Green, Eifert and LaFell.  Towards end of season Dalton and Boyd developed a little bit but it needs work.  AS for Core, Ross, Malone, Erickson, Dalton has few timing pattern reps with these guys.  So we have 3 pass catchers Dalton has experience with and all the rest are developmental players. ...This isn't high school or college where somebody gets open and you throw the ball.  The NFL defenses are too fast.  In the NFL if a WR got open and then the QB threw the ball, by the time the ball gets there the D is all over him.  So just about everything in the NFL is timing patterns, timing patterns and more timing patterns.  We have 3 pass catchers Dalton has timing with and the others are not ready for the Baltimore home opener. Boyd has enough reps to be #3 WR.  We are not as loaded at WR as people think and people forget we also lost Jones and Sanu. These new guys hopefully replace Jones and Sanu but the timing with Dalton is not there yet.   So Patriots are not that in need of WR and we are not that loaded at WR.  This second string O Lineman is no better than what we already have and teams are days away from player cuts anyway.  I do not see a trade before the Baltimore season opener. Maybe a cut free agent pick-up, but not a trade.  The focus is on beating Baltimore and that is Dalton to Green, Lafell, Eifert and Boyd as #3 WR and in 3rd and long probably take out RB and put in Ross or Core or Malone. 

Now in 2015 when Bengals started 8-0 before Dalton got injured we were deep in timing pattern receivers.  Losing Jones and Sanu hurt greatly in 2016.  Boyd, Ross, Core, Malone may get the timing down with Dalton, but for the Baltimore opener we have only 3 receivers Dalton has a lot of reps with.  Green, Eifert, LaFell. ...None of those 3 should be getting traded anywhere before the Baltimore game. Dalton needs them to beat Baltimore. Dalton has enough reps with Boyd to be #3 WR and has been kind of a slot WR on short yards after catch slant patterns like TJ use to be. On 3rd and long we could use a Henry type to go fast down field on long bomb routes, and the speedy Ross should fill the need.  I fail to see then how Malone, Core and Erickson are Superstar Deep in pass catchers...plus you don't go through a season without injuries, so they fill a need.

Has any mod checked this ***** IP yet? This guy can't be real. 

I wouldn't normally say anything, but these damn novels every time he posts, going over the same damn thing over and over again are annoying as hell. 

Bad troll job.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2017, 09:42 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I would think that a player like Erickson would be more appealing to the Pats.

I think you are 100% correct.  He fits the mold, and also if he did go there he would excel I have a feeling.
Reply/Quote
Why on earth would anyone in the league want to help out NE? I'm sure I'm not the only one kind of tired of them winning the SB year after year..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
How about Jeremy Hill to the Giants for Ereck Flowers?

Flowers has been speculated to lose his starting job in New York and they lack a legit RB1.

Former teammate of OBJ..... would fit nicely in their organization.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote