Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Andre Smith Is This Bad.....
How awful are the guys behind him in the bench ? ...and how much worse the guys on practice squad ?

( not including those out injured ).
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I'd love to see them give Jerry a try at Tackle. He's been better than Smith when in.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 11:13 AM)kevin Wrote: How awful are the guys behind him in the bench ? ...and how much worse the guys on practice squad ?

( not including those out injured ).

well theres not really anyone behind him on the bench... that's the issue.. LT #1 and #2 are on the sidelines...  hes LT #3 we have emergency LT in John Jerry but that wont help
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 11:15 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'd love to see them give Jerry a try at Tackle. He's been better than Smith when in.

thought we did that in preseason against scrubs and he get destroyed.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 12:23 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: thought we did that in preseason against scrubs and he get destroyed.

He came in for relief for Smith during the season and was ok.

He did look bad during the preseason for whatever reason.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 12:23 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well theres not really anyone behind him on the bench... that's the issue.. LT #1 and #2 are on the sidelines...  hes LT #3 we have emergency LT in John Jerry but that wont help

Jerry has been better than Andre, by a long shot. He only got in against Pitt for 12 snaps but as bad as everyone else was, he was at least near average. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 11:15 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'd love to see them give Jerry a try at Tackle. He's been better than Smith when in.

Neither guy has any business being in the NFL and i would throw Hart in that group. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
After that blitz pick up Mixon had maybe we should try him at LT?! ?
Reply/Quote
The reality is the Bengals are 0-4. Only one team in NFL history has ever made the playoffs, none in the past 25 years.
Would it really be better for the Bengals to get a few more wins with some slight improvements or go full tank, get a Top 3 pick, and try for next year?

Personally, I'm the latter. I don't want to see another 5-7 win season and missing out on most of the truly elite prospects.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 01:36 PM)Fullrock Wrote: After that blitz pick up Mixon had maybe we should try him at LT?! ?

that was the best moment of that game from the bengals perspective.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 01:41 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: that was the best moment of that game from the bengals perspective.

No doubt about it. 
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 01:38 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The reality is the Bengals are 0-4. Only one team in NFL history has ever made the playoffs, none in the past 25 years.
Would it really be better for the Bengals to get a few more wins with some slight improvements or go full tank, get a Top 3 pick, and try for next year?

Personally, I'm the latter. I don't want to see another 5-7 win season and missing out on most of the truly elite prospects.

And the Bengals surprise and outsmart everyone as they take a TE as the number 2 pick in the draft. Don’t worry they’ll pick the wrong guy regardless of where they pick.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 02:08 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: And the Bengals surprise and outsmart everyone as they take a TE as the number 2 pick in the draft. Don’t worry they’ll pick the wrong guy regardless of where they pick.

The funny thing was most fans on this board LOVED that pick and talked about how smart Taylor was for picking a blocking TE and valuing the right things.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 02:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The funny thing was most fans on this board LOVED that pick and talked about how smart Taylor was for picking a blocking TE and valuing the right things.  Hilarious

I didn't mind the pick since the Bengals watched Risner come off the board. I thought we would use a lot of 2 TE sets to help with blocking and aid the short passing game that is Dalton's strength. Bengals duped me again Sick
Reply/Quote
I don't mind that they picked Sample in the 2nd round. I wasn't for it but I don't mind it. What has me is that with all the o-line problems why don't they use him. At least run some 2 TE sets more often.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 03:06 PM)BacknDaDey Wrote: I don't mind that they picked Sample in the 2nd round.  I wasn't for it but I don't mind it.  What has me is that with all the o-line problems why don't they use him.  At least run some 2 TE sets more often.

They do run 2 TE's sometimes and they use the TE to block sometimes. I saw Uzomah get beat on a blitz by a DE while Hart doubled a guy inside. The scheme here is terrible.

Plus, when you leave 2-3 blockers in, you only have 2-3 receivers. Tate is kind of too slow to get open. The Steelers doubled Ross and put Haden on Boyd.

The receivers couldn't get open then.

Our offense is pretty easy to adjust to and shut down if you have a semi-competent defense with a decent coordinator.

The Cardinals may be too bad to do that though.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 01:38 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The reality is the Bengals are 0-4. Only one team in NFL history has ever made the playoffs, none in the past 25 years.

I understand the pro-tank stance.  I'm not for it as an overall approach to the remaining 12 games.  They're a bad enough roster that tanking isn't a thing that will require a special effort to accomplish anyway.  They need to win at least a game or 2.  

At this point, it goes beyond winning or even executing a new offense.  It's getting to be a player safety issue.  The guys on the field playing OT don't belong on a field with NFL starters.  None of them.  Dalton is already feeling it.  He's going to be ruined mentally and physically in a contract year.  That may not matter to people as it relates to his future with this team, but I'm sure it's a big deal to him.

Same applies to Finley or anyone else they put under center.  If we go 0-10, I'd like to see what Finely has.  I'm not sure you're going to get a real look at what that is with this collection of awful players protecting him.  You risk ruining him as well.  He may be nothing or he may be terrific, but you're not doing yourself or anyone else any favors having him take his first pro snaps with this crew.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 02:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The funny thing was most fans on this board LOVED that pick and talked about how smart Taylor was for picking a blocking TE and valuing the right things.  Hilarious

I think the initial reaction was that people hated the pick.  I know I did.  

It wasn't until the homers talked everyone into what a smart idea it was to draft this great unknown blocking TE that board sentiment semi-shifted.  It was such a bad pick that the FO just had to know something that nobody else did.  Us dumb fans and every draft evaluator just had the guy undervalued with their silly 5th round grades.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 03:06 PM)Jojo the Circus Boy Wrote: I didn't mind the pick since the Bengals watched Risner come off the board. I thought we would use a lot of 2 TE sets to help with blocking and aid the short passing game that is Dalton's strength. Bengals duped me again Sick

Honestly,none of our tightends could block any steeler and they were horrible all night.Tyler Eifer was not very good and he should have laid out for that ball in the end zone. And the other tightend cj ozamah was getting drilled at blocking for Dalton and got beat badly all game,he is not a good blocker and I never saw the new tightend do ANYTHING  and I do not remember him catching anything. What is going on with this team,they all good like they are in slow motion and I have been hearing that players,not all of them,have been saying they are done with Dalton,and this is coming from both sides of the ball.The D is extremely tired of him not creating any offense.And I do not blame them at all.We need a qb that is a leader and he has never been that.A qb has to be vocal I believe. Its just insane how far from reality everyone is.What is ZTs message to get these guys to take playing seriously?
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 02:08 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: And the Bengals surprise and outsmart everyone as they take a TE as the number 2 pick in the draft. Don’t worry they’ll pick the wrong guy regardless of where they pick.

I thikn they will select Kicker, again. Or Punter. Huber won't last forever.
Reply/Quote