Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Andre Smith Is This Bad.....
(10-03-2019, 11:13 AM)kevin Wrote: How awful are the guys behind him in the bench ? ...and how much worse the guys on practice squad ?

( not including those out injured ).

I think I'm on roster behind him....its that bad.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 03:37 PM)samhain Wrote: I understand the pro-tank stance.  I'm not for it as an overall approach to the remaining 12 games.  They're a bad enough roster that tanking isn't a thing that will require a special effort to accomplish anyway.  They need to win at least a game or 2.  

At this point, it goes beyond winning or even executing a new offense.  It's getting to be a player safety issue.  The guys on the field playing OT don't belong on a field with NFL starters.  None of them.  Dalton is already feeling it.  He's going to be ruined mentally and physically in a contract year.  That may not matter to people as it relates to his future with this team, but I'm sure it's a big deal to him.

Same applies to Finley or anyone else they put under center.  If we go 0-10, I'd like to see what Finely has.  I'm not sure you're going to get a real look at what that is with this collection of awful players protecting him.  You risk ruining him as well.  He may be nothing or he may be terrific, but you're not doing yourself or anyone else any favors having him take his first pro snaps with this crew.

I used a poor choice of words when I said "pro-tank." I don't mean to intentionally lose, I just meant don't go crazy trying to bring in new players off the street if it means just winning a few extra games. Just play with the players you have and see where you end up. (Some of) the players will hopefully improve by year's end anyway.

At the end of the day, the Bengals chose to go into the season with this roster. They have to deal with the consequences.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote