Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
If Belichek was coach
What would our record be right now? Give belichek our identical roster with injuries. I would say 10-4 I feel if we had a elite level coach this is a championship team.
Reply/Quote
I think they would be doing better than they are now, for sure, but you're asking us to add arguably the greatest HC in the history of the league to the coaching staff so of course they would be better. I don't think this is a championship caliber roster, though. The offensive line isn't there yet. You don't need an elite offensive line but you at least need a somewhat average offensive line and the Bengals don't have one.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 01:35 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: What would our record be right now? Give belichek our identical roster with injuries. I would say 10-4 I feel if we had a elite level coach this is a championship team.

We already have an elite level coach (in the making).

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 01:35 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: What would our record be right now? Give belichek our identical roster with injuries. I would say 10-4 I feel if we had a elite level coach this is a championship team.

I'd probably lean 10-4 as well.
Jets and probably 49ers or Bears as wins.
Maybe 11-3 with wins against all the teams above.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
The coach doesn't fumble punts, or throw int's, or drop game-clinching int's, or make horrible "lowering head" penalty calls. EVERY LOSS (except Cleveland, where they got blown out) was a combination of self-destruction and/or horrible officiating. Something no head coach can control.
Reply/Quote

So 2 games better than we are? I think you're about right though, 10-4, possibly 11-3. I think with four turnovers, we lose CHI, regardless of who's coaching. He probably wins the NYJ game, maybe LAC. CLE was another turnover fiasco, and somewhat SF.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 01:47 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'd probably lean 10-4 as well.

If Joe throws three straight INTs, we're not winning that game with Hoodie either.

Reply/Quote
Belichek isn't our coach, so who really gives shit?
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 01:51 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Belichek isn't our coach, so who really gives shit?

I didn't want to be mean and type it out, but this was the first thought that popped into my head. It gave me a LOL to read someone else actually say it. I don't mind hypothetical ideas, but "If so and so was coach" might as well be "If Aaron Rodgers was our QB..." 
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 01:50 PM)Wyche Wrote: If Joe throws three straight INTs, we're not winning that game with Hoodie either.

Maybe not, but if he was HC, he wouldn't be doing the offensive playcalling, so the playcalling might be better.
The fact the Bears only won by 3 pts is an indicator that a better coached game likely would have resulted in a win.
The Bears are 4-9 this season, after all.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 01:57 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Maybe not, but if he was HC, he wouldn't be doing the offensive playcalling, so the playcalling might be better.
The fact the Bears only won by 3 pts is an indicator that a better coached game likely would have resulted in a win.
The Bears are 4-9 this season, after all.

That's true, but those were just bad plays by the QB. Then the Higgins fumble too. Poor execution by the personnel that day is what cost the game. 

Reply/Quote
If Belichick was coach the team would look a lot different, so this is kind of moot. You can't separate out one without acknowledging the other.
Reply/Quote
What a strangely timed thread the day after a win.

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 01:47 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'd probably lean 10-4 as well.

IDK man, I think if Belichick was the HC; Jamar Chase would just now be seeing his first action of the season, after all of the drops in preseason..

(12-20-2021, 01:50 PM)Wyche Wrote: If Joe throws three straight INTs, we're not winning that game with Hoodie either.

If Joe threw 3 straight INTs under hoodie?  He'd been benched by now.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 02:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What a strangely timed thread the day after a win.

Some of the Anti-Zaxxers are struggling to prove they are right.
Reply/Quote
It is truly a struggle, 14-31-1. Coaches don't win games, players do. Coaches lose games.

Perhaps a better argument would be an interesting post to make after we're leading the division (at least temporarily).
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 03:06 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Some of the Anti-Zaxxers are struggling to prove they are right.

They had their fun when ZT was the worst coach in the history of the post-merger NFL after 2 seasons.  Now they can watch in agony as he reaches .500 as a head coach over the next 3 or 4 years.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 03:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: IDK man, I think if Belichick was the HC; Jamar Chase would just now be seeing his first action of the season, after all of the drops in preseason..

If Joe threw 3 straight INTs under hoodie?  He'd been benched by now.

Oh Lordy, could you imagine the backlash if Zac woulda benched Joe? LOL

Reply/Quote

Are we talking still having Zac/Callahan at OC and Lou at DC? Because, Belichick is a defensive HC, so he ain't calling the offensive plays. And while he's certainly better than Lou, I don't think his improvement on defense will lead to that many more wins. Certainly, we don't have the defensive let down against the Jets, but I'd wager most of our losses were due more to offensive shortcomings/issues than defense. So maybe like you said, 2 more wins, but that's probably about it.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 02:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What a strangely timed thread the day after a win.

I know right? WTF? What if we had Tom Brady as our QB and Barry Sanders as our RB......
Reply/Quote