Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
If Bengals Pick Late, Trade Down
If we can get an OL in the mid to top of 2nd round and we think they will fall to that level, I have no issue with trading down. When drafting you have to trust your own 'value' board.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
I could see Houston being a viable trade partner. Both they and Detroit could use a QB. They pick 2 and 3 in RD 1 and that's too early for a QB in this draft (damn we sucked at exactly the right time), but Detroit also picks 32 due to trade with Rams. I could see Houston offering up their 2nd (37) a little extra (perhaps swap of 3rd rounders) to leap frog Detroit and get a QB that comes with a 5th year option.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I have the Bengals trading down twice in a mock I'm working on.

Once with Detroit like BFine mentioned and again with the Colts for another third RD pick

I think it's important for the Bengals to keep getting cheap assets in the draft to help the team
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I could see the Bengals trading down if they are targeting Zion Johnson. If a team is looking to trade up for a player, particularly a QB, to get the extra year, it may pay off. Less likely, I can also see the Bengals using next year's pick and moving way up to target a player. Where will we be picking next year anyway?
Reply/Quote