Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Bengals reach SB, does that help get Kenny,etc in HOF?
It's well documented that the HOF has criminally
Omitted, both Ken's among other deserving Bengals
Now in the shadows of the upcoming AFC Title game
It seems like their is this national rallying for the Bengals
To beat the Chiefs and reach SB 56.
With that said does the Bengals somewhat being relevant again
Help in.some ways get more Bengals in the HoF?
Reply/Quote
No.

It will help our current roster have a chance but will in no way effect former players.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals being in the media spotlight helps all of our former greats get another look.

Kenny, Ken Riley, Chad, CD, Willie, etc.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I think it does. It brings the team to relevance and the league loves to ride popularity waves. There are guys that didn't need SB wins to be in the Hall, but when the team is staying out of the positive spotlight, it's a lot easier to gloss over them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nope. Hall is fickle. No one gave a darn about the Bengals for far too long to start reaching back now. If anything, Burrow breaking records just makes those in the past look less special. No, that is not right, but it happens. Half the voters now hardly remember Boomer existed, let alone what Anderson did. Ring of Honor will be his pinnacle.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
I agree with Shake and MHG. It will help, we haven't been in the spotlight since our greats were around before this.

Brings up conversation that normally would never be brought up.
Reply/Quote
do you have any examples where success helped other fringe players on other teams?
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
I would think so. It would bring the team up to the forefront of the conversation and eventually the team's history will come to mind.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Kenny Anderson is getting in, it's too ridiculous for him not to. Riley too. My only fear is that they will do him like they did Riley and let him die before inducting him.
Reply/Quote
Sadly, no. I think if the Bengals win the Super Bowl that Burrow and the squad still aren't going to get the same degree of praise the elite or East/West coast big city franchises receive. The Bengals are always going to be the disrespected organization.

Kenny's best hope lies with Elizabeth Blackburn as she works to honor and promote the organization, its history, and its exceptional players.
Reply/Quote
Remember when Joe Burrow should've pulled an Eli? That didn't age well.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 10:20 AM)jason Wrote: Remember when Joe Burrow should've pulled an Eli? That didn't age well.

Right, and when the Dolphins fanbase acted entitled like they had the right to the #1 pick instead of the Bengals. Now they suffer 3 to 5 more seasons with Tua and missed playoffs before rebuilding.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 10:18 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Sadly, no. I think if the Bengals win the Super Bowl that Burrow and the squad still aren't going to get the same degree of praise the elite or East/West coast big city franchises receive. The Bengals are always going to be the disrespected organization.

Kenny's best hope lies with Elizabeth Blackburn as she works to honor and promote the organization, its history, and its exceptional players.

This is spot on. I've heard them talk about it before on the radio, and how it's really important to have the right "Presenter" to make the case for the player. Lessor players get in when they have better "presenters." I'm not sure who we have been using, but it needs to be someone else. I think Munoz would be the perfect presenter.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 10:42 AM)Sled21 Wrote: This is spot on. I've heard them talk about it before on the radio, and how it's really important to have the right "Presenter" to make the case for the player. Lessor players get in when they have better "presenters." I'm not sure who we have been using, but it needs to be someone else. I think Munoz would be the perfect presenter.

Agreed about Munoz. Let Elizabeth and Munoz lead the charge to promote former players. First the Bengals Ring of Honor, then Canton. Show the NFL the organization respects the player and then hope it leads to NFL HoF possibilities. It would be nice to see Anderson enshrined while he is alive to enjoy the accolade.
Reply/Quote