Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
If Bengals somehow make the playoffs and go "1 and done"...
First of all, Browning can't become a free agent. He's an exclusive rights free agent at the end of the year so the only thing the Bengals have to do is offer him league minimum and there's nothing he can do. So he's def not going to Pitt. They wouldn't even sign and trade him there.

Second, and most importantly, we need to stop with this Jake "the snake" crap. There's only one Jake the snake and he was a wrassler. 

He has 2 nicknames and they're interchangeable.

1. "Downtown" Jake Brown.........ing.
2. Jake Feisty. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2023, 08:56 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Would you still consider this season a "success," based on Burrow's injury, etc?

I would say it was a success because this team (specifically the coaches) would have learned how to win without solely relying on Burrow being top 2.

We have a lot of young talent on defense that will be much better next year. We still have many holes to fill but the resolve of this team to get to the playoffs would be astounding.

Here’s to hoping!
Reply/Quote
It would be a tremendous success making the playoffs after Burrow started injured, then was healthy for 5 games taking care of business before being injured again. So hell yes if the Bengals make the playoffs and only had Joe really healthy for 5 games it would be a big time "team" success story.

For those clamoring for the top 10 draft pick which would have required Jake to go winless to even possibly obtain. You're wrong again because if Browning leads the Bengals to the playoffs from this juncture ? He will fetch a nice draft pick in trade and the Bengals will win twice by going to playoffs and receiving an extra 1st round pick potentially.

Heck I would consider it a success if the Bengals are even on the bubble going into the last week but see it popped. Jake was put up against the wall out of the gate with nobody even giving him a chance.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 07:06 AM)Go Cards Wrote: It would be a tremendous success making the playoffs after Burrow started injured, then was healthy for 5 games taking care of business before being injured again. So hell yes if the Bengals make the playoffs and only had Joe really healthy for 5 games it would be a big time "team" success story.

For those clamoring for the top 10 draft pick which would have required Jake to go winless to even possibly obtain. You're wrong again because if Browning leads the Bengals to the playoffs from this juncture ? He will fetch a nice draft pick in trade and the Bengals will win twice by going to playoffs and receiving an extra 1st round pick potentially.

Heck I would consider it a success if the Bengals are even on the bubble going into the last week but see it popped. Jake was put up against the wall out of the gate with nobody even giving him a chance.

Some of us were saying let's wait and see what he does with some practices with the ones before declaring him a loser. I even posted his college career highlights last week prior to the Jacksonville game and pointed out he's a baller.
Reply/Quote
For me, beating the snot out of the Pittsburgh Steelers and Cleveland Browns would go a long way in making it a successful season, and that means they probably make the playoffs because they probably beat the Colts and Vikings too with the Chiefs 50/50.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 09:51 AM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: For me, beating the snot out of the Pittsburgh Steelers and Cleveland Browns would go a long way in making it a successful season, and that means they probably make the playoffs because they probably beat the Colts and Vikings too with the Chiefs 50/50.

That sure would be nice. Been sick of losing to our rivals this year.
Reply/Quote
Either miss the playoffs or beat Baltimore @ Baltimoe.

One and done is a failure for me.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 06:28 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Either miss the playoffs or beat Baltimore @ Baltimoe.

Baltimore? You mean in the playoffs? If we make the playoffs and win a playoff game then lose likely to Baltimore, Miami, or KC? It’s a failure? Oh my I forgot you are the one with the most ridiculous post ever on here questioning Zac even more after the win lol
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 09:51 AM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: For me, beating the snot out of the Pittsburgh Steelers and Cleveland Browns would go a long way in making it a successful season, and that means they probably make the playoffs because they probably beat the Colts and Vikings too with the Chiefs 50/50.

We aren’t headed to the SB but my season can still rest in peace:

“With back-to-back losses to 2-10 teams, the Steelers are now the first team in NFL history above .500 to drop consecutive games, both to teams at least eight games under .500”

Bwahaahahaha. Can’t stand them!
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 06:34 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Baltimore? You mean in the playoffs? If we make the playoffs and win a playoff game then lose likely to Baltimore, Miami, or KC? It’s a failure? Oh my I forgot you are the one with the most ridiculous post ever on here questioning Zac even more after the win lol

If the Bengals claim a WC spot, they likely play at Baltimore for said WC game.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 09:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If the Bengals claim a WC spot, they likely play at Baltimore for said WC game.
Notbiggio expecting a lot lol.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I have locked in bets from the start of the year for the Bengals to win the Super Bowlz. 1's and done's aint's gonna's works for me. 

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 07:06 AM)Go Cards Wrote: It would be a tremendous success making the playoffs after Burrow started injured, then was healthy for 5 games taking care of business before being injured again. So hell yes if the Bengals make the playoffs and only had Joe really healthy for 5 games it would be a big time "team" success story.

Both Browning and Mccarron are free agents after season ends. *Edit* Browning will be an ERFA.
Reply/Quote
Hell yeah I would. Draft picks are great, but crawling out of the gutter after a bad start and. a lost superstar qb would speak volumes about team culture.

If they overcome the non-self-incurred obstacles of this season, then we have a lot to look forward to.
Reply/Quote
We talking blowout or competitive loss?

If we get in they may be able to finagle a win out the wildcard round. That round alway tricky for favorites.

I guess it’ll depend on how they loss. It’ll be hard to complain about a late season rally showing a solid core and program established that isn’t all Burrow.

Which would be a big picture success.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2023, 06:28 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Either miss the playoffs or beat Baltimore @ Baltimoe.

Gee, there's a big freaking surprise..... Ninja
Reply/Quote
The answer is NO, Burrow is part of the team, NOT the whole team. If this team relies on Burrow to succeed, then i'd rather have an above average QB that will require the rest of the team's best, to win.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 10:12 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: This.  I consider it a success if Zac Taylor actually learns something from not having Joe Burrow and then adapts to that full time when JB is back next year.

This is where I'm at 100%. And not just Zac but maybe Burrow doing some reflecting too and seeing he needs to do more than just what he's comfortable with in constant empty sets and shotgun. 
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 10:12 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: This.  I consider it a success if Zac Taylor actually learns something from not having Joe Burrow and then adapts to that full time when JB is back next year.

(12-10-2023, 12:46 PM)TheFan Wrote: This is where I'm at 100%. And not just Zac but maybe Burrow doing some reflecting too and seeing he needs to do more than just what he's comfortable with in constant empty sets and shotgun. 

Better: This.  I consider it a success if Joe Burrow actually learns something from what things could look like and then adapts to that full time when he comes back next year. As the offense is 1000% tailored to his preferences and dislikes. Anybody not understanding that….. Blame the staff to cowering to Joe’s wishes and trying to appease him if you want.

Reply/Quote
I personally think if we make the playoffs, despite having a healthy Joe Burrow for 4.5 games, and a largely porous defence... then the season has been a success in terms of in itself.

We're at the point where this team needs to be competing for a Super Bowl, it's not about playoff wins anymore. But I think with the obstacles we've dealt with, if we make the playoffs the team deserve some real credit.
Reply/Quote