Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Bengals win Sunday and Bills lose, #2 seed for us?
(01-05-2023, 12:24 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: True...we spent many years discussing draft in November.

I agree, if game not played, Bills are biggest loser if Chiefs and Bills win.

I also don't feel Ravens and others should be kept in limbo, NFL needs to determine fate of Bills/Bengals game sooner than later.

So who looks good at #32?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 02:27 PM)PhilHos Wrote: True, but the closest thing to a fair outcome is to have the Bengals and Bills finish the game even if it's after this week (which it will have to be at this point) as that will be the closest to what would've happened had the game not been suspended.

Play the damn game!!!!    Bengals' officials should be calling New York every hour demanding the game be played.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 02:37 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Play the damn game!!!!    Bengals' officials should be calling New York every hour demanding the game be played.

You can stop banging that drum...it's not happening. 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 12:42 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am no expert, but if Bengals win to go to 12-4 and Bills lose to go to 12-4 with both teams having same conference record of 8-3, Bengals would go to the 2 seed over Buffalo due to SOS I believe.

After looking closely at the playoff implications, I just don't see how the NFL can't resume the Cincy/Buffalo game to determine an outcome.

If Bills win this Sunday, then they would lose #1 seed to KC if game is not played.

Of course if KC loses, then #1 seed is really up for grabs.

Too many teams impacted to cancel the game and not play it IMHO

Thoughts?

Next tie breaker after conference is, common opponents which is also a tie, so the next tiebreaker is SoV, which the Bengals have an insurmountable lead in.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 09:25 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Buffalo Bills, Kansas City Chiefs, Cincinnati Bengals. Out of that list, who do you think Roger Goodell is going to screw? Get ready for it, cuz it's coming.

This just makes too much sense, sucks but we will be the team that gets screwed. Oh well, we are in the Playoffs and can beat any team.

If you would of asked me if I would be fine with that before the season I would say yes. Just more motivation for our team.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 10:16 AM)Sled21 Wrote: And if they do not announce something prior to the game, and Baltimore comes into Paycor fired up and the Bengals are still walking around in a funk and they lay an "L" on us, then the league saying don't play the Bills game is saying they are picking the Ravens winning the AFCN. 

No, regardless of a W or L, if the game is a NC, Bengals win the North, so they would be screwing the Ravens. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 03:02 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No, regardless of a W or L, if the game is a NC, Bengals win the North, so they would be screwing the Ravens. 

That is true, we win the AFC North with a No Contest ruling.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 03:02 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No, regardless of a W or L, if the game is a NC, Bengals win the North, so they would be screwing the Ravens. 

Reading the Raven's message board today and they are pretty apathetic about it all. They don't seem to care much if they can't play for division crown and are 5th or 6th seed. They don't expect Lamar Jackson back nor a win in the playoffs. 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 02:37 PM)michaelsean Wrote: So who looks good at #32?

Are you asking who looks good for a first pick in round 2 by Texans?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 03:14 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Are you asking who looks good for a first pick in round 2 by Texans?

Is someone missing a pick?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 09:25 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Buffalo Bills, Kansas City Chiefs, Cincinnati Bengals. Out of that list, who do you think Roger Goodell is going to screw? Get ready for it, cuz it's coming.

I'm not so sure anymore.  Just set a viewership record for MNF, for a game played in our house.  In fact, Bengals games in primetime have done VERY well this year.

Rising team with ever-growing national awareness.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 03:23 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Is someone missing a pick?

Yes, Dolphins for tampering with Brady and Sean Payton.

They were docked 1st round in 2023 and 4th round in 2024
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 02:31 PM)Earendil Wrote: Agreed. But at this point, I don't see that as a likely outcome.

Me neither, I'm still leaning towards the game being called a tie/no contest.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 03:35 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yes, Dolphins for tampering with Brady and Sean Payton.

They were docked 1st round in 2023 and 4th round in 2024

Oh yeah,but yeah I was actually curious about the Texans second round pick.  LOL

Reply/Quote

And what's wrong with screwing the Ravens? Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote