Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Burfict's suspension holds up, is the season already in trouble?
(08-29-2017, 12:25 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Is he appealing it? They are giving him the shaft.

Appeal is being done through a conference call this afternoon.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2017, 01:35 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: The Bengals have gone 15-7 in games Burfict has missed and the teams they are playing the first 5 weeks aren't exactly teams that should be hard to deal with. I'd rather see him out there, but the team isn't doomed without him.

True, but we might lose a couple that we otherwise would win with him in there.

NFL can suck it, trying to hurt our season on a legal hit. Whatever
Reply/Quote
Not really. Packers are the only offense out of our first 5 games that scares me. And that's even with or without Burfict.

Ravens have a dreadful offense. Won't surprise me if they have the worst offense in our division.

Texans have never had a good offense and Savage is not a good QB. Expect him to be benched by week 4.

Packers have a scary offense. So that game is tough no matter what.

Browns are starting Kizer, but their offense seems like it could be very up and down. Crowell is going to have a great year though. Calling it.

Bills have LeSean McCoy. Tyrod isn't as great as some people believe and they lost a lot of weapons.

Plus, Vinny Rey is no slouch. Sure, I think they could get an improvement over him and get younger. But he does decent for his age.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2017, 06:17 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Not really. Packers are the only offense out of our first 5 games that scares me. And that's even with or without Burfict.

Ravens have a dreadful offense. Won't surprise me if they have the worst offense in our division.

Texans have never had a good offense and Savage is not a good QB. Expect him to be benched by week 4.

Packers have a scary offense. So that game is tough no matter what.

Browns are starting Kizer, but their offense seems like it could be very up and down. Crowell is going to have a great year though. Calling it.

Bills have LeSean McCoy. Tyrod isn't as great as some people believe and they lost a lot of weapons.

Plus, Vinny Rey is no slouch. Sure, I think they could get an improvement over him and get younger. But he does decent for his age.

Thats all true Wolf, thanks for this, made me feel better.

Still this is some Bullshit man. Mellow  Better get reduced significantly. 5 games is insane.
Reply/Quote
It ain't gonna help nothing ! Puts a little more pressure on the O to get it together and score more points because Burfict being gone probably adds 3 points to opponents score. Perhaps more ?

I'm not gonna say all is lost though. And still hoping they reduce it to 3.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Honestly, I'm more concerned about him being in the concussion protocol than about the suspension.

He's had multiple concussions at this point, and that wasn't much contact to his head on his last play. He might win the appeal and still miss 5 games or more...

EDIT:Nevermind, I heard he passed the protocol during the game, but had read after the game that he was in the protocol. I just saw elsewhere that what I had read was referencing DURING the game, not after...
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2017, 01:25 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Ravens texans packers browns bills.

I think we will still go 4-1

I see 3-2 with Burfict, 2-3 without Burfict.

-Texans on Thursday Night Football, prime time loss. Bengals are 1-5 against Texans since 2011, and we'll be forced to witness Ogbuehi vs JJ Watt.
-Packers, loss. Don't see them shutting down Rodgers, Nelson, Cobb, Adams, Bennett, and Montgomery. That's a scary skill group.

Swing game being that the run D is significantly worse without Burfict, so I don't think they beat the Bills without him. Tyrod Taylor and LeSean McCoy will be running all over the place.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2017, 06:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, but we might lose a couple that we otherwise would win with him in there.

NFL can suck it, trying to hurt our season on a legal hit. Whatever

It's possible, but at least it isn't the bullshit the league handed down last year. Taking away the heart of the defense to go up against the arch rival and a team fresh off a Super Bowl.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2017, 07:28 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I see 3-2 with Burfict, 2-3 without Burfict.

-Texans on Thursday Night Football, prime time loss. Bengals are 1-5 against Texans since 2011, and we'll be forced to witness Ogbuehi vs JJ Watt.
-Packers, loss. Don't see them shutting down Rodgers, Nelson, Cobb, Adams, Bennett, and Montgomery. That's a scary skill group.

Swing game being that the run D is significantly worse without Burfict, so I don't think they beat the Bills without him. Tyrod Taylor and LeSean McCoy will be running all over the place.

Eh, don't see JJ Watt at RE, never seen this before. Never know could happen.

Clowney would be the one to abuse Og and could very well happen. Just need to help out Og with the TE and Hewitt chip.

We usually beat the Packers just like we usually lose to the Texans. Both games should be close and our Offense could light
them up with our weapons as well and i love our RB trio right now and our RG in Hopkins.

Definately need to see improvement from the DT's though. My biggest concern. Hopefully Billings comes around quickly as
he is my guy that i have been wanting on this team forever. The injury is still hampering him it seems, not near as strong or
quick as he was in college right now. Sims has been bad.

(08-29-2017, 07:57 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: It's possible, but at least it isn't the bullshit the league handed down last year. Taking away the heart of the defense to go up against the arch rival and a team fresh off a Super Bowl.

Way to look on the bright side Murdock, still it is BULL SHIT!!!

Cannot say it enough and if it isn't reduced there should he hell to pay even if there won't be. Whatever
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2017, 09:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Eh, don't see JJ Watt at RE, never seen this before. Never know could happen.

Clowney would be the one to abuse Og and could very well happen. Just need to help out Og with the TE and Hewitt chip.

We usually beat the Packers just like we usually lose to the Texans. Both games should be close and our Offense could light
them up with our weapons as well and i love our RB trio right now and our RG in Hopkins.

Definately need to see improvement from the DT's though. My biggest concern. Hopefully Billings comes around quickly as
he is my guy that i have been wanting on this team forever. The injury is still hampering him it seems, not near as strong or
quick as he was in college right now. Sims has been bad.

Way to look on the bright side Murdock, still it is BULL SHIT!!!

Cannot say it enough and if it isn't reduced there should he hell to pay even if there won't be. Whatever

I'm trying this new being positive thing...for a little bit anyways lol. Trying to have faith in the O-line and trying to believe this suspension won't doom us. Not sure I can get positive enough to believe the league will do the right thing and say "Whoops, our bad. No suspension here." I mean...it is what should happen, but they'd never do that... Just have to hope it becomes a 1 game thing.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2017, 09:36 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I'm trying this new being positive thing...for a little bit anyways lol. Trying to have faith in the O-line and trying to believe this suspension won't doom us. Not sure I can get positive enough to believe the league will do the right thing and say "Whoops, our bad. No suspension here." I mean...it is what should happen, but they'd never do that... Just have to hope it becomes a 1 game thing.

Positive energy is always better than negative man. :andy:

We can all live with a 1 game thing even if it is still BS.
Reply/Quote
Frankly Im getting tired of the whole Tez circus anymore. I dont think Ill be all that upset when he moves on
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2017, 10:53 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Frankly Im getting tired of the whole Tez circus anymore.  I dont think Ill be all that upset when he moves on

Well we will have all shitty Linebackers then, you can look forward to that... Shocked
Reply/Quote
looked to me like vontaze was reading the qb's eyes as the RB ran into him and fell down. the NFL simply has it in for tez, i expect the suspension to remain 5 games. i predict 2-3 imo.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2017, 11:00 PM)WildCat Wrote: looked to me like vontaze was reading the qb's eyes as the RB ran into him and fell down. the NFL simply has it in for tez, i expect the suspension to remain 5 games. i predict 2-3 imo.

Wasn't even a RB it was Sherman the Chiefs big Full Back.

Man the NFL has become a bunch of pu$$ies.
Reply/Quote
If Tez gets 5 i would imagine he could be had for relatively cheap. Who else would sign him to a big deal? So there's a positive.

Going forward though, after the season.. we have to get a LB so we aren't in this position when he gets suspended again in the future.

In fact we may need 2 because Minter isn't exactly tearing things up.

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2017, 10:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well we will have all shitty Linebackers then, you can look forward to that... Shocked

Other teams have 2-3 quality linebackers. The Bengals could too.
Reply/Quote
It's already in trouble, it just gets worse!
Reply/Quote
A lame duck & inept HC coupled with a less than stellar OC has this season in trouble before any of the other stuff. Sorry about being negative, but I just don't have a very good feeling to start the this season. Burfict being out doesn't help matters.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2017, 01:56 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: A lame duck & inept HC coupled with a less than stellar OC has this season in trouble before any of the other stuff. Sorry about being negative, but I just don't have a very good feeling to start the this season. Burfict being out doesn't help matters.

Explain this "lame duck" thingy? 
Reply/Quote