Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Cordy Glenn returns
I am as pissed at the guy as everyone else here, but if he returns and plays hard he could make a big difference.

Other than QB the LT is the most important position on offense, and the guys we have been playing there (Smith, Jerry) are horrid.  Last year Dre gave up as many sacks in 8 games as Bobby Hart did in 16.  And Jerry could not even make a roster last year.  Glen doesn't have to be great to be a lot better than those guys.

If Finley is going to have any chance he is going to have to get some better protection from his blind side.  Some people are claiming Finley has great ability to move in the pocket and avoid sacks, but the Giants still sacked him three times in just two quarters of a preseason game.  

Dalton wasn't moving much, but he was getting rid of the ball quicker than any QB in the league.  Hopefully Ryan will have a little more time to make more reads or let routes develop.

I still don't have much hope for our moribund running game, but if Green and Glenn both come back healthy our passing game will have a chance to improve quite a bit.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals put a lot of money into adding the Bills Left Tackle and Bills Linebacker and neither have been worth a damn. One of the many things going into 1-15 over last 16 games.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 08:03 PM)kevin Wrote: The Bengals put a lot of money into adding the Bills Left Tackle and Bills Linebacker and neither have been worth a damn.  One of the many things going into 1-15 over last 16 games.

Glenn was not great, but he was a big upgrade over what we had.

At the time almost everyone was impressed that Mike Brown had "made a move" for a high priced player.  How many times have you seen someone here claim that all they wanted was for Mike to "prove he was at least trying".  But when he tries and fails they all take back their original comments.  (see also: "anyone but Marvin")
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 08:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Glenn was not great, but he was a big upgrade over what we had.

At the time almost everyone was impressed that Mike Brown had "made a move" for a high priced player.  How many times have you seen someone here claim that all they wanted was for Mike to "prove he was at least trying".  But when he tries and fails they all take back their original comments.  (see also: "anyone but Marvin")

Lost a lot of respect for Glenn and really doubt he would put fourth a good effort if we play him. Don’t think he’s a team player and he don’t care about this team or his teammates.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't have much hope for Glenn at this point. I think he's beyond repair in Cincy.

It would be nice if he played well, because I would be shocked if he doesn't ask for a trade in the offseason
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 08:55 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Lost a lot of respect for Glenn and really doubt he would put fourth a good effort if we play him. Don’t think he’s a team player and he don’t care about this team or his teammates.

I agree with everything you say.

I just hope he is motivated enough to try just in order to get some other team to pay him when the Bengals release him after the season.

Surely he can be better than Jerry or Smith.
Reply/Quote
Buffalo got rid of him.for a reason
Very rarely do.teams outright trade their LT
Unless to get from underneath a huge contract
Reply/Quote
Here comes the playoff run!
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 09:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I agree with everything you say.

I just hope he is motivated enough to try just in order to get some other team to pay him when the Bengals release him after the season.

Surely he can be better than Jerry or Smith.

One would think that it would be in his personal best interest to demonstrate that despite differences with the management, he can go out there and be a team player, putting forth his best effort.  As of now, the past 4 years of his career have been injury riddled, and now questions of being malcontent?  If he wants to have any value on the open market, it seems like he would need to perform well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Never really thought I'd say this, but John Jerry should continue at LT....
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2019, 09:13 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I don't have much hope for Glenn at this point.  I think he's beyond repair in Cincy.

It would be nice if he played well, because I would be shocked if he doesn't ask for a trade in the offseason

I hope he plays well so we might be able to trade him.... as of now he has basically no value imo
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 10:58 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Never really thought I'd say this, but John Jerry should continue at LT....

Jerry has filled in admirably. Quite amazing considering that's not a position that he's played recently.
Reply/Quote