Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All In Championship Push
This might be this groups last hurrah if they don't do something special. In order to keep Whit we need to show we are really pushing to do big things.

Free Agents
After cutting Maualuga we have about 46 million to spend to the cap
Whit 1 year 9 million - he gets a million dollar raise
Dre K 3 year 24 million - he gets a little more than Pickman
Mario Williams 1 year 5 million - He was cut so our front office won't lose comp picks. Could do worse for a Gilberry and Hunt replacement.
Adrian Peterson 1 year 5 million - Another veteran that was cut that won't cost us comp picks.
So we spend 27 million on these free agents. Leaves 19 million for them to sign rookies, have emergency injury fund, and hand out a couple extensions to Burfict and Eifert.

1st Cam Robinson OL Bama - The Ogbuehi debacle is real, at best he is our extra tackle on jumbo packages this year. Zeitler will get a huge contract somewhere. Cam Robinson gets plugged in at RG or RT, Fisher plays the other. Fisher or Cam will be our LT of the future unless Ogbuehi finds some James Harrison level roids. The giant mauler helps us get our run game back on track.

2nd Ethan Pocic C LSU - With our second pick we add another day one starter on the OL. Get ready because we will be cramming the ball down opponents throats this year. Bodine becomes an experienced backup. Bengaldom cheers with glee.

2nd (AJMC trade) Raekwon McMillan LB OSU - With our 3rd pick of the draft we find yet another day one starter, this one bringing some much needed athleticism to the LB corps. No more slow ass Maualuga getting smoked by FBs and any and every rumdumb TE we face.

3rd Tannoh Kpassagnon DE Villanova - They can't help themselves. Extra large freak athlete DE. Mario, MJ, and Dunlap will share their knowledge with the guy who needs some work but has rare tools.

4th Joe Mixon RB Oklahoma - Really deep class makes arguably the top RB with a big ass red flag keep falling until we get a Billings like gift in the 4th.

4th Adam Shaheen TE Ashland - Giant TE who is just scratching the surface. This is a direct answer for the redzone problems we had last year.

5th Nazair Jones DT North Carolina - Yet another massive body added to our DL. He is a bully and produces a lot of tackles in the middle of the DL. Bye bye Peko.

5th Zach Banner OL USC - Going back to our power running roots. After Whit moves on and Cam or Fisher take over at LT Banner brings his earth moving size into the lineup. Bye Bye Winston.

6th Robert Davis WR Georgia State - Combine warrior related to Panthers warrior LB Thomas Davis. Absolutely destroyed the combine at 6'3" 219lbs with a 4.44 40 41" vert 11'4" broad. Second in Sunbelt history receiving yards to TY Hilton. Georgia State career leader surpassed current NFL WR Albert Wilson in receiving yards and receptions.

6th Zane Gonzalez K Arizona State - FBS record holder for FGs made. Self explanatory.

7th Dede Westbrook WR Oklahoma - Total stunner as the Biletnikoff award winner has an incredible draft slide. Declined Senior Bowl invite, didn't work out at the combine, and gave bad interviews. Two prior arrests and less than ideal size. A lot of red flags that make the guy who won the award for nations top WR in 2016 drop like a rock. Lucky for us we have a shitload of picks.

7th Best DB available

53 man roster

QB 2 Dalton, Driskel
RB 4 ADP*, Hill, Gio, Mixon* (gio starts on pup)
FB 1 Hewitt
TE 4 Eifert, Shaheen*, Kroft, Uzi
WR 6 AJ, Boyd, Core, Erickson, Davis*, Westbrook*
OL 9 Whit, Boling, Pocic*, Robinson*, Fisher, Ogbuehi, Bodine, Banner*, Westerman

DE 5 Dunlap, MJ, Super Mario*, Clark, Kpassagnon*
DT 4 Geno, Billings, Hardison, Naz*
LB 6 Burfict, Raekwon*, Vigil, Rey, Dawson, Flowers
CB 6 Kirk, Pickman, WJ3, Darqueze, Shaw, Keivare
S 4 Iloka, Williams, Derron, Fej

STs
Huber, Zane*, Harris

Adrian Peterson led the league in rushing in 2015. He will feel disrespected getting cut. And his Wolverine-like healing abilities are still intact. He had a shit line and shit QB last year before getting hurt. The good thing for us is it saved some wear and tear on him and enabled him to rest up, heal up, and get in peak condition. We come out with a renewed focus on the run. After having added the best OL in the draft who is from Bama, the best OL from LSU and the best OL from USC we have the road graders ready to go.

Dalton feels like a new man as a real center totally changes the game for him. Teams start stacking 8 men in the box because we are just running over the league. AJ continues his HoF production. Eifert gets back to to his league TD leading ways. And the 2nd year WRs begin to blossom.

On defense it starts up front. Billings looks like the steal he was very early in the season and people start to forget how mediocre Peko was. Hardison finally makes his mark as a worthy pocket pusher behind Geno. Mario Williams realizes he doesn't have much longer to get a ring and plays with a renewed intensity because this team has a chance to do something special. Our DL rotation just plays out of this world as opposing offensive lines don't have an answer for the fresh bodies we can continue throwing at them. An injection of youth and athleticism at LB is instantly felt as Vigil and Raekwon take some of the load of off Burfict. Williams and Iloka look much better in year 2 together and start getting some love as one of the better safety tandems in the league.

And everyone lives happily ever after the Bengals win the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 02:30 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: This might be this groups last hurrah if they don't do something special. In order to keep Whit we need to show we are really pushing to do big things.

Free Agents
After cutting Maualuga we have about 46 million to spend to the cap
Whit 1 year 9 million - he gets a million dollar raise
Dre K 3 year 24 million - he gets a little more than Pickman
Mario Williams 1 year 5 million - He was cut so our front office won't lose comp picks. Could do worse for a Gilberry and Hunt replacement.
Adrian Peterson 1 year 5 million - Another veteran that was cut that won't cost us comp picks.
So we spend 27 million on these free agents. Leaves 19 million for them to sign rookies, have emergency injury fund, and hand out a couple extensions to Burfict and Eifert.

1st Cam Robinson OL Bama - The Ogbuehi debacle is real, at best he is our extra tackle on jumbo packages this year. Zeitler will get a huge contract somewhere. Cam Robinson gets plugged in at RG or RT, Fisher plays the other. Fisher or Cam will be our LT of the future unless Ogbuehi finds some James Harrison level roids. The giant mauler helps us get our run game back on track.

2nd Ethan Pocic C LSU - With our second pick we add another day one starter on the OL. Get ready because we will be cramming the ball down opponents throats this year. Bodine becomes an experienced backup. Bengaldom cheers with glee.

2nd (AJMC trade) Raekwon McMillan LB OSU - With our 3rd pick of the draft we find yet another day one starter, this one bringing some much needed athleticism to the LB corps. No more slow ass Maualuga getting smoked by FBs and any and every rumdumb TE we face.

3rd Tannoh Kpassagnon DE Villanova - They can't help themselves. Extra large freak athlete DE. Mario, MJ, and Dunlap will share their knowledge with the guy who needs some work but has rare tools.

4th Joe Mixon RB Oklahoma - Really deep class makes arguably the top RB with a big ass red flag keep falling until we get a Billings like gift in the 4th.

4th Adam Shaheen TE Ashland - Giant TE who is just scratching the surface. This is a direct answer for the redzone problems we had last year.

5th Nazair Jones DT North Carolina - Yet another massive body added to our DL. He is a bully and produces a lot of tackles in the middle of the DL. Bye bye Peko.

5th Zach Banner OL USC - Going back to our power running roots. After Whit moves on and Cam or Fisher take over at LT Banner brings his earth moving size into the lineup. Bye Bye Winston.

6th Robert Davis WR Georgia State - Combine warrior related to Panthers warrior LB Thomas Davis. Absolutely destroyed the combine at 6'3" 219lbs with a 4.44 40 41" vert 11'4" broad. Second in Sunbelt history receiving yards to TY Hilton. Georgia State career leader surpassed current NFL WR Albert Wilson in receiving yards and receptions.

6th Zane Gonzalez K Arizona State - FBS record holder for FGs made. Self explanatory.

7th Dede Westbrook WR Oklahoma - Total stunner as the Biletnikoff award winner has an incredible draft slide. Declined Senior Bowl invite, didn't work out at the combine, and gave bad interviews. Two prior arrests and less than ideal size. A lot of red flags that make the guy who won the award for nations top WR in 2016 drop like a rock. Lucky for us we have a shitload of picks.

7th Best DB available

53 man roster

QB 2 Dalton, Driskel
RB 4 ADP*, Hill, Gio, Mixon* (gio starts on pup)
FB 1 Hewitt
TE 4 Eifert, Shaheen*, Kroft, Uzi
WR 6 AJ, Boyd, Core, Erickson, Davis*, Westbrook*
OL 9 Whit, Boling, Pocic*, Robinson*, Fisher, Ogbuehi, Bodine, Banner*, Westerman

DE 5 Dunlap, MJ, Super Mario*, Clark, Kpassagnon*
DT 4 Geno, Billings,  Hardison, Naz*
LB 6 Burfict, Raekwon*, Vigil, Rey, Dawson, Flowers
CB 6 Kirk, Pickman, WJ3, Darqueze, Shaw, Keivare
S 4 Iloka, Williams, Derron, Fej

STs
Huber, Zane*, Harris

Adrian Peterson led the league in rushing in 2015. He will feel disrespected getting cut. And his Wolverine-like healing abilities are still intact. He had a shit line and shit QB last year before getting hurt. The good thing for us is it saved some wear and tear on him and enabled him to rest up, heal up, and get in peak condition. We come out with a renewed focus on the run. After having added the best OL in the draft who is from Bama, the best OL from LSU and the best OL from USC we have the road graders ready to go.

Dalton feels like a new man as a real center totally changes the game for him. Teams start stacking 8 men in the box because we are just running over the league. AJ continues his HoF production. Eifert gets back to to his league TD leading ways. And the 2nd year WRs begin to blossom.

On defense it starts up front. Billings looks like the steal he was very early in the season and people start to forget how mediocre Peko was. Hardison finally makes his mark as a worthy pocket pusher behind Geno. Mario Williams realizes he doesn't have much longer to get a ring and plays with a renewed intensity because this team has a chance to do something special. Our DL rotation just plays out of this world as opposing offensive lines don't have an answer for the fresh bodies we can continue throwing at them. An injection of youth and athleticism at LB is instantly felt as Vigil and Raekwon take some of the load of off Burfict. Williams and Iloka look much better in year 2 together and start getting some love as one of the better safety tandems in the league.

And everyone lives happily ever after the Bengals win the Super Bowl.

Love it especially the mixon pick. 2 things i would have changed is elflien insted of pocic but either is good. Also robinson is now being looked at as the third/4th best tackle in this class. 
Reply/Quote
With DJ Fluker about to be released, I'd rather just grab him in FA than spend a top 10 pick on another overrated Alabama T. The rest is solid, though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm not thrilled with how you approached the draft.

There is no way I would spend the #9 overall pick on Robinson. If you plan on putting him at RG, then wait until the 2nd round and grab a true guard in Feeney.

I'm also not sold on Pocic. I don't think a 6'7" finesse center would be a good fit here. If you are going "all in" then just sign Mangold and move on.

The other thing that is really lacking on the current roster is a true #2 type speed WR. There's not one in your draft.

I like the idea of picking up Mario Edwards, but I don't think Adrian Peterson is a guy that I would bring in at his age
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 06:44 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'm not thrilled with how you approached the draft.

There is no way I would spend the #9 overall pick on Robinson.  If you plan on putting him at RG, then wait until the 2nd round and grab a true guard in Feeney.

I'm also not sold on Pocic.  I don't think a 6'7" finesse center would be a good fit here.  If you are going "all in" then just sign Mangold and move on.

The other thing that is really lacking on the current roster is a true #2 type speed WR.  There's not one in your draft.

I like the idea of picking up Mario Edwards, but I don't think Adrian Peterson is a guy that I would bring in at his age

OL was our #1 weakness. Using early picks is a good way to fix a weakness. 

I grab Robinson because he gets on the field right away and it isn't often you get a chance to draft a potential franchise LT. 

Pocic measured 6'6". I wouldn't call him finesse. He is athletic with experience at a lot of different positions and plays with an attitude. Max Unger is 6'5" Maurkice Pouncey is 6'4.5" Mike Pouncey is 6'5". Pocic bends well. I would be open to others. We should be able to get a C upgrade in this draft. Pocic just seems like an angry ginger who got beat up by his older bother and his friends his whole life and it toughed him up and he lets out his pent up rage on the field. 

I drafted two WRs. One ran a 4.4 already. Dede is a speed WR. Core ran a 4.4

Mario Williams not Edwards and Peterson are both older. Which is usually not my style. This was an attempt at a realistic all in. Bengals have proven they are willing to go after aging cut veterans. The front office can claim all in this year because they pay them slightly more than usual. 
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 01:31 PM)Whatever Wrote: With DJ Fluker about to be released, I'd rather just grab him in FA than spend a top 10 pick on another overrated Alabama T.  The rest is solid, though.

I would love to sign Fluker and plug him in at RG. Should be a good bit less expensive than Zeitler. Still doesnt solve our question as to the future LT. Fluker redshirted and only played RT. Cam played LT as a true freshman. 

I like Cam so much because i think he has more of a chance to be a franchise LT than anyone else in the whole draft class.

I liked Fisher a lot coming out and thought he had a chance to be a NFL LT. So maybe he is the long term answer there. I will just have questions and want a solution until we find someone capable of replacing the oldest LT in the league. 
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 07:18 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: OL was our #1 weakness. Using early picks is a good way to fix a weakness. 

I grab Robinson because he gets on the field right away and it isn't often you get a chance to draft a potential franchise LT. 

Pocic measured 6'6". I wouldn't call him finesse. He is athletic with experience at a lot of different positions and plays with an attitude. Max Unger is 6'5" Maurkice Pouncey is 6'4.5" Mike Pouncey is 6'5". Pocic bends well. I would be open to others. We should be able to get a C upgrade in this draft. Pocic just seems like an angry ginger who got beat up by his older bother and his friends his whole life and it toughed him up and he lets out his pent up rage on the field. 

I drafted two WRs. One ran a 4.4 already. Dede is a speed WR. Core ran a 4.4

Mario Williams not Edwards and Peterson are both older. Which is usually not my style. This was an attempt at a realistic all in. Bengals have proven they are willing to go after aging cut veterans. The front office can claim all in this year because they pay them slightly more than usual. 

True, but that doesn't mean you reach for a late first rounder when you are drafting in the top 10 you have to get one of the best 10 guys in the draft at that spot - Robinson doesn't fall into that category.

I still think that the quickest way to getting the line on track would be to sign Mangold.  Immediately takes care of the worst player on the starting offense.
Reply/Quote
This Mock is irrelevant because you have us signing Dre and Whitworth. These guys are gone their value is so high the Bengals can't compete.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote