Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This roster lacks true playmakers on defense.I
(12-03-2018, 11:14 AM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Duke Tobin picks losers, all these guys are trash players.No one on here is good enough to make Shaun Peytons Saints team.He would not pick any of these guys.And Jeff Driskel is a bust,he THINKS he can play and he is a back up for a reason.Billy Price is a bust,Dude is too short and gets hammered all game.He thinks he is better than he is.He has a cocky attitude and other players are not happy with this dude.This O-line needs all new players and Duke Tobin should not be picking them.Until this franchise is sold,we will NEVER see a winning team in the nati.As long as the Brown family is in charge,it will never change.Believe that.

And how exactly do you know this?  With all the bad shit going on, do you really need to fabricate shit?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 11:14 AM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Duke Tobin picks losers, all these guys are trash players.No one on here is good enough to make Shaun Peytons Saints team.He would not pick any of these guys.And Jeff Driskel is a bust,he THINKS he can play and he is a back up for a reason.Billy Price is a bust,Dude is too short and gets hammered all game.He thinks he is better than he is.He has a cocky attitude and other players are not happy with this dude.This O-line needs all new players and Duke Tobin should not be picking them.Until this franchise is sold,we will NEVER see a winning team in the nati.As long as the Brown family is in charge,it will never change.Believe that.

Wow, a guy in his first NFL start with no line in front of him, and you say he can't play in this league because he didn't have a breakout game? And a Center, in his first year, hampered by missing games due to an injury, is a bust already???? I'm surprised you don't play the lottery and win every time.....
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 11:16 AM)McC Wrote: And how exactly do you know this?  With all the bad shit going on, do you really need to fabricate shit?

Thanks for this. I about fell out of chair laughing, wondering were he got all this information.......
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 09:50 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Carlos Dunlap and Geno Atkins each have 7 sacks with 4 games left. They are fine.
Just last year, WJ3 was that “shutdown” CB that you speak of the team needs.
Carl Lawson was a great playmaker last year that unfortunately got hurt early. While he didn’t have as many sacks as last year, he was getting constant pressure.
Jessie Bates has been a welcome addition to the secondary.
All that the Bengals really need is a LB or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

.....and that was helping Geno and Dunlap finish plays.....as well as Glasgow.  Losing those two was a HUGE blow to the d line.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 12:50 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Derwin James is amazing for the Chargers. He covers TE's. He can play LB or Safety. He covers WR's. He gets sacks.

Vander Esch looks like a dominant LB too.

We have Billy Price who gets dominated at Center.

Damn I wanted Derwin James.  

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
It's also worth pointing out that Khalil Mack was a number 5 overall pick and Aaron Donald was a number 13 overall pick. Donald's main reason for "falling" to 13 was because some teams were concerned with his size, otherwise he probably would have been Top 10.
The Bengals haven't picked in the Top 5 since AJ Green was drafted, and they have only picked in the Top 10 once since then.

Bottom line is the type of true playmakers you are talking about usually are taken inside the Top 10 of the draft and the Bengals have very rarely picked in that range since Marvin took over. If these are the types of players you want to see drafted, you're essentially wanting the Bengals to be terrible for at least a few years because you know they won't trade up to get those players otherwise.

Would the fan base be OK with double-digit losses 3+ years in a row if it meant nailing those draft picks to become a true elite contender in like 2022?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 02:47 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: We need sideline to sideline players at LB. The saddest thing about this season has been Vontaz.

Burfict is done I think.  He was slow coming out of college but his instincts made up for his lack of speed.  Now he plays like he doesn't care.  He brought nothing to the defense this year and disappears in games.  It's like he has been neutered.   
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote