Poll: Would you be willing to trade Burfict?
This poll is closed.
Yes
40.54%
15 40.54%
No
59.46%
22 59.46%
Total 37 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Guenther came calling?
depends for what
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2018, 05:34 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: have to pass on a LT in the first to get a Center right?

Gotta wait for Free agency to come and go before we can better predict 12 pick

Yep, FA will really tell us where we are going with our first pick, not Hobspin who is usually wrong.

Would love it if we grabbed Solder in FA, went BPA at 12 and went Center in the 2nd.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2018, 05:44 PM)Millhouse Wrote: depends for what

what about cooper?

about the LT anyone know what was up with Dwayne Brown of the Texans? did he want a ton of money or why was he holding out?
Reply/Quote
Why are we trading our best players?

If guenther comes asking for a trade for anyone it will be a corner. Jones or Dre.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2018, 06:45 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Why are we trading our best players?  

If guenther comes asking for a trade for anyone it will be a corner.  Jones or Dre.

Good question and would be willing to trade either of those guys.

Not Burfict or Green though, there would be no one who could replace these guys.

Least of all unproven draft picks.
Reply/Quote
Yes. I love Burfict but I'm ready to move on.

Odds are he'll never give us a full season worth of work. He's under a microscope and will no doubt be suspended for an extended period of time. It's a matter of "when", not "if". Not to mention he's had, what, 5 concussions? We should get what we can for him and get someone in the draft.

But yeah, that won't happen. Burfict isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
Reply/Quote
Has to be for a second which I doubt we would get.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2018, 06:45 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Why are we trading our best players?  

If guenther comes asking for a trade for anyone it will be a corner.  Jones or Dre.

By all means, let him take them both. I don't even care if we get anything in return. 

Mellow
Reply/Quote
You all have played too much Madden in GM mode.
Reply/Quote
Hell no.

LB is tied with OL as our biggest weakness.

If they give up Khalil Mack and some draft currency OK.
But that wont happen.

We are not good enough to trade away our good players.
Reply/Quote
**** no! He’s the heart and soul of the defense.

Reply/Quote
I would if the right offer was made.

You have to remember, every player on the team is a commodity, no one is safe if the right offer is presented.

AJ Green to me would be worth two 1's
Vontaze Burfict would be worth a 1
Geno and Dunlap would be worth 1's

No player is ever "Safe"
Reply/Quote
In the interest of rehabilitating Vontez Burfict's reputation from one of a dirty player into a great hard nose player who can do no wrong on or off the field they should just go ahead and trade him to Pittsburgh for a college free agent signing to be named later, one who will never crack the starting lineup or even the 53 man roster and the reasoning is sound. Hobspin could write about the greatest trade in Bengals history.. And those who write in to praise Hobspin can continue to brown nose to have their names mentioned on Bengals dot com..

See how easy this is?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Trade Vontaze Burfict? Are you mishuganah? That would be beyond stupid — even for THIS Front Office.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2018, 07:12 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Yes. I love Burfict but I'm ready to move on.

Odds are he'll never give us a full season worth of work. He's under a microscope and will no doubt be suspended for an extended period of time. It's a matter of "when", not "if". Not to mention he's had, what, 5 concussions? We should get what we can for him and get someone in the draft.

But yeah, that won't happen. Burfict isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

This is my thought as well. 

He is the heart and soul of defense but can not be counted on with the bullseye the refs have put on him. 

Plus the concussions toll is climbing. 

He has great value now ,but agree that he will go nowhere. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2018, 07:15 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Has to be for a second which I doubt we would get.

Believe I would trade him for no less than a 1st. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2018, 12:32 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Believe I would trade him for no less than a 1st. 

I would trade him for 2 firsts or a 1 and 2, but nobody would ever pay that. A star player is worth that to me, and I’m only making a trade if I feel good it’ll make the team BETTER. One first might replace him and be a downgrade, the second first would help fill another need and overall we’d hopefully be better if we scouted well. Draft picks are far from the certainty many around here seem to think they are. A known commodity is worth more imo
Reply/Quote
Not this team's style. If there was a full regime change in place, then maybe. This isn't baseball where you sell your best players to tank and obtain young, controllable talent. I can't imagine the return would be that overwhelming anyway. I love the guy, but his baggage and on-field issues are a problem that hasn't really gone away.
Reply/Quote
I like Burfict and don't want to see him on another team. With that said, I voted 'Yes' on the poll because I'd be willing to trade ANYONE on this team for the right deal. Doesn't matter if it's Burfict, Dalton, AJ Green, etc. If someone asks and is willing to give up something of equal or greater value, I'm making that deal.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2018, 12:47 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I would trade him for 2 firsts or a 1 and 2, but nobody would ever pay that. A star player is worth that to me, and I’m only making a trade if I feel good it’ll make the team BETTER. One first might replace him and be a downgrade, the second first would help fill another need and overall we’d hopefully be better if we scouted well. Draft picks are far from the certainty many around here seem to think they are. A known commodity is worth more imo

Fair enough 

Yet if he gets suspended at wrong time it could be a crushing blow to team.  

Because it is well known that suspensions are in his bag of tricks as well. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote