Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Guenther leaves...
Some are saying PG will go to DC to be Jay's DC. Personally, I don't think he will take a lateral transfer, and will be here unless he gets a head coaching gig somewhere, or gets let go. But, if he did, wonder what the chances we can get Adam Zimmer away from Pops up there in Minny and get a Zimmer back in here as DC........
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 01:09 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Some are saying PG will go to DC to be Jay's DC. Personally, I don't think he will take a lateral transfer, and will be here unless he gets a head coaching gig somewhere, or gets let go. But, if he did, wonder what the chances we can get Adam Zimmer away from Pops up there in Minny and get a Zimmer back in here as DC........

If it's a significant pay raise he would make a lateral move.

If it did happen I'd like to see Vance Joesph back as the DC. I think he reached to fast and needed more time as a coordinator before jumping to head coach.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Our defense will improve by playing more man..see yeah
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 01:20 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Our defense will improve by playing more man..see yeah

You've seen Dre in man coverage right?
Reply/Quote
Dre is not important here. Both Dennard and Jackson are optimal in man coverage. So is Jones if he comes back - remember Zimmer used a lot of press man coverage and his defenses got off the field on third down consistently.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 01:19 PM)Synric Wrote: If it's a significant pay raise he would make a lateral move.

If it did happen I'd like to see Vance Joesph back as the DC. I think he reached to fast and needed more time as a coordinator before jumping to head coach.

If it's a lateral move, wouldn't he need permission from Mike Brown to interview?
Reply/Quote
Jon Gruden will be taking Guenther to be his DC in Oakland.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 03:10 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Jon Gruden will be taking Guenther to be his DC in Oakland.

Yep. This will be officially announced in a week
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 01:09 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Some are saying PG will go to DC to be Jay's DC. Personally, I don't think he will take a lateral transfer, and will be here unless he gets a head coaching gig somewhere, or gets let go. But, if he did, wonder what the chances we can get Adam Zimmer away from Pops up there in Minny and get a Zimmer back in here as DC........

NFLN has him in Oakland with the other Gruden.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Jon Gruden wants him at Oakland and I doubt he turns that down
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 03:09 PM)fullonbehavior Wrote: If it's a lateral move, wouldn't he need permission from Mike Brown to interview?

He's not under contract
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Who cares who the new DC will be? Whoever it is will be running Marvin's chicken shit schemes and playing not to lose.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 03:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He's not under contract

To elaborate further, the Bengals have no coaches under contract...
Reply/Quote
So then let's get Little Zim in here....
Reply/Quote
Dre is even more garbage in zone...wtf did we sign that turd. It's like giving Bodine 5 more years..makes no sense
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 03:46 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Dre is even more garbage in zone...wtf did we sign that turd.  It's like giving Bodine 5 more years..makes no sense

That'll be announced right after the announcement of Marvin's lifetime contract.

Reply/Quote
To the opening post I wouldn't mind having Adam Zimmer here at the Cincinnati Bengals. It all depends if they bring back Marvin Lewis and to what capacity he has in making decisions. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they grab Vance Joseph if he gets fired.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 05:16 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: To the opening pass I wouldn't mind having Adam Zimmer here at the Cincinnati Bengals.  It all depends if they bring back Marvin Lewis and to what capacity he has in making decisions.  It wouldn't surprise me one bit if they grab Vance Joseph if he gets fired.

He's not getting fired.  They'll promote some sack of crap/organizational lifer like Kevin Coyle as a reward for screwing up the team's safety play all season.  
Reply/Quote
Then it will be a blessing. His soft zone schemes suck.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 03:46 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Dre is even more garbage in zone...wtf did we sign that turd. It's like giving Bodine 5 more years..makes no sense

Dre at least has been good in (short) spurts. Bodine has been abysmal this whole time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote