Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
If Haskins is there at 11...
(04-23-2019, 12:27 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: So you believed Dalton was washed up after 2016. If the Bengals knew he was as good as he turned out they probably would have taken him any way. As would the Jags. All my original reply was if he is there he should be considered.

I don't believe Dalton was "washed up" after 2016. I think he hit his ceiling. Everyone knew what he was and what he wasn't by that point. He's a good, not elite QB. There are other more pressing needs than QB, same as there were back then. If the team really thought he was washed up, they should have taken a QB in 2017 or even 2018. This 2019 QB draft class is weaker than both of those classes. And I'm not just saying that based on the QBs from those classes that have played in the league already and done well. I'm referring to the QBs at the time leading up to those drafts.

For fun, let's make a list of your top 10 1st round QBs entering the draft from 2017 to 2019.

Mine are:
1) Sam Darnold
2) Baker Mayfield
3) Josh Rosen
4) Deshaun Watson
5) Patrick Mahomes
6) Kyler Murray
7) Mitchell Trubisky
8) Dwayne Haskins
9) Lamar Jackson
10) Josh Allen
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2019, 01:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You mean to tell me a FO was actually considering ticket sales as a factor for possibly taking a QB? 

I've been told that top QB prospects don't sell tickets.  Mellow

Anyways, if the Cards don't take Murray, it will push the other QB's down the board and make it easier for us to trade down, which would be a good thing.

Of course, this also increases the odds that we'll take a QB, if Zac wants one.

Apparently, this top QB prospect did not sell tickets for that particular franchise, so, in this case anyway, you were told right.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 01:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't believe Dalton was "washed up" after 2016. I think he hit his ceiling. 

106.2 passer rating.

#2 in the league.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 01:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 106.2 passer rating.

#2 in the league.

That was 2015. Talking about after 2016. He hasn't hit 90 since 2016.

EDIT - But yes, with a really good offense around him and a good OL, Dalton can be in the top 5. If he doesn't have that, he's around the middle of the league.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 01:57 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That was 2015. Talking about after 2016. He hasn't hit 90 since 2016.

EDIT - But yes, with a really good offense around him and a good OL, Dalton can be in the top 5. If he doesn't have that, he's around the middle of the league.

He started off better in 2018 than he looked in 2015 according to PFF.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 12:39 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: I believe he could be a great pick but he also could be the second coming of Akili. But IMO I think he is worth the risk.

I think he resembles Mark Sanchez a lot.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 02:01 PM)Synric Wrote: He started off better in 2018 than he looked in 2015 according to PFF.

Yes, but that's because he started losing weapons. He needs his offense very healthy in order to play very well. He isn't quite to the level of Rodgers, Brees, or Brady where they can have their top 1-2 receiving options go down then turn a random depth guy into a quality producer.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 02:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yes, but that's because he started losing weapons. He needs his offense very healthy in order to play very well. He isn't quite to the level of Rodgers, Brees, or Brady where they can have their top 1-2 receiving options go down then turn a random depth guy into a quality producer.

All three of those QBs have talent around them when they are winning. Tom Brady always has an excellent offensive line in front of him. Drew Brees has a great offensive line...Rodgers is pretty much the only guys that does alot with little and he hasn't been winning alot of football because of it and has actually been injured alot since his offensive line has struggled.

Yes I agree they are a step above Dalton but they have to have a team around them making plays or they wouldnt win anything.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 02:33 PM)Synric Wrote: All three of those QBs have talent around them when they are winning. Tom Brady always has an excellent offensive line in front of him. Drew Brees has a great offensive line...Rodgers is pretty much the only guys that does alot with little and he hasn't been winning alot of football because of it and has actually been injured alot since his offensive line has struggled.

Yes I agree they are a step above Dalton but they have to have a team around them making plays or they wouldnt win anything.

Yes, but they have been more consistently above Dalton overall whether they have their players around them or not.

I like Dalton. I think he's a good QB. I don't there's a QB in this draft class that will be that much better than him.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 01:57 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That was 2015. Talking about after 2016. He hasn't hit 90 since 2016.

Yep.  Just pointing out what his "ceiling" is.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 09:32 AM)Wyche Wrote: LOL, yeah, it was VERY low.....the article mentioned that a score of 25 or more has been the benchmark for successful QBs in the NFL.  A 20 is a bit of a concern.  Maybe those rumors about poor interviews weren't rumors after all.

I think Vince Young scored a 7 back in the day.

(04-23-2019, 01:33 PM)McC Wrote: Apparently, this top QB prospect did not sell tickets for that particular franchise, so, in this case anyway, you were told right.

The article literally says Arizona was considering Kyler Murray "to sell tickets".

Just because they felt their fans were lukewarm to the idea doesn't mean every fanbase would be lukewarm to Kyler Murray.

AZ fans being lukewarm might have something to do with them taking Rosen just one year prior.

As for Rosen not selling tickets, not every QB has hype behind their name.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 12:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Jone is a highly intelligent player. He's able to use his legs when needed. He never hit 3000 passing yards in a season. A career 59.9% completion percentage. I think, at best, he becomes Andy Dalton or Alex Smith.

......or maybe Joe Montana. Cool

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 03:07 PM)Wyche Wrote: ......or maybe Joe Montana. Cool

Steve Young is coming out next year...aka Sam Ehlinger.

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 03:25 PM)Synric Wrote: Steve Young is coming out next year...aka Sam Ehlinger.

I would rather look for QBs next season, myself.  I think this year is the year to go defense and an OT.  JMO.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2019, 03:32 PM)Wyche Wrote: I would rather look for QBs next season, myself.  I think this year is the year to go defense and an OT.  JMO.

I agree next years QBs look to be better. I mentioned Sam Ehlinger he will be a junior next year and hes fun to watch because he is the Texas offense. He had like 25 throwing TDs and 15 or 16 rushing TDs.

WVU at Texas 2018 is such a fun game to watch because of Grier and Ehlinger.
https://youtu.be/KVXY0fW3Ya0

Reply/Quote