Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If He's There.....
Not at all. First not even best qb I the draft. But okay even if u disagree with me about that still shouldn't be the pick. Dosent have touch in his intermediate throws. Allen=cardale Jones.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 05:02 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I would not. I would rather take 4 other QBs before him alone.

A big mistake that you would regret immensely.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2018, 08:12 PM)McC Wrote: A big mistake that you would regret immensely.

Not one bit lol
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2018, 03:30 PM)Au165 Wrote: Same thing happened with Carson Wentz....it turned out okay.

Carson Wentz was also an extremely different prospect than Josh Allen
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Sure. I miss Boomer Esiason. Why not get a young one.

WTS, I'm admittedly terrible at evaluating QBs. DBs are more my thing.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2018, 09:21 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Not one bit lol

Time will tell.   He and Mayfield are the two best.

It's all moot for us anyway but it's fun to talk about and predict.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 11:38 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: If Josh Allen is there in the 1st round when the Bengals are on the clock....Should they pull the trigger on him. After his combine, I'm guessing he won't be, but the guy threw it 70 yards in the air and dropped it on a dime. Jon Ross becomes an instant impact with Allen at QB. I understand the need for OL this off season, but if they can address just 1-2 of those needs in FA, wishful thinking, maybe they have the option to make it happen. I've seen a few mocks that have the Bengals taking him, but I'm guessing he'll be gone in the first 5 picks so it may be a mute point anyway. But if not........ What would you do?

Pass.  If you watched his play this year, he was flat out terrible in a few games.  He was absolutely horrible vs. Iowa.  I have zero interest in him.  I'm not sure what all these talking heads see with him other than physical tools, because his play last year was not good.

(03-04-2018, 12:08 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: It's crazy, a few months ago he was rated as a second round prospect at best. And I was all for taking him then and letting him develop behind Andy until his contract expires. Now the guy very well could go number one... Crazy how hype works

He's always been a top 5-10 prospect on almost every draft guru's board.

(03-04-2018, 12:11 PM)Sled21 Wrote: 1st Rd. I think they should take Mike McGlinchey if he's still there. It might be a slight reach, but left tackle is a glaring need....

McGlinchey would be a major reach at this spot.  Theres' not a significant drop-off with any of the top 5 tackles.  No point in taking a guy that struggled against the best competition he faced.
Reply/Quote
It would be a dream come true for me to draft a qb ,any of them I've even came around on Rosen and I didn't like him for awhile. But I know they wont. I forget his name but a sleeper qb I'd take in the later rounds is the Wisconsin qb Allen they said he was the best in college two years ago
Reply/Quote
No to a qb unless Rosen falls to 12 - so no to a qb until they go backup hunting. 
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2018, 09:24 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Carson Wentz was also an extremely different prospect than Josh Allen

Yes, but it doesn't change the fact the same thing happened to him in relation to the "hype train". Most "experts" had Wentz as a late Round 1 early Round 2 prospect in January mocks and he steadily climbed over the months leading into the combine and after. As for being extremely different, I don't think they are that different on tape. They both are big bodied QB's who can break tackles in the pocket. When they shed the tackles they keep their eyes down field and look to make a play with their arm. Where Allen got in trouble more so was not resetting his base all the time which lead to more "arm throws" rather than full body mechanic throws. 

People continue to point at the accuracy issues and while what I mentioned before is one part, the other part is his teammates frankly weren't very good. What people forget is Carson Wentz's team was the FBS champions the year before Wentz left and were in the hunt that year followed by another championship last year. The team he was working with was far better than what Allen had. Allen was constantly under pressure and had an inordinate amount of easy passes dropped which you could make the argument anyone can deal with that, but when you watch the tape it really stood out (especially the pressure right up the middle).

All this aside, he won't be there at 12 so it's moot. If a QB is there we need to ransom that pick for a haul and move back.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 09:31 AM)Au165 Wrote: Yes, but it doesn't change the fact the same thing happened to him in relation to the "hype train". Most "experts" had Wentz as a late Round 1 early Round 2 prospect in January mocks and he steadily climbed over the months leading into the combine and after. As for being extremely different, I don't think they are that different on tape. They both are big bodied QB's who can break tackles in the pocket. When they shed the tackles they keep their eyes down field and look to make a play with their arm. Where Allen got in trouble more so was not resetting his base all the time which lead to more "arm throws" rather than full body mechanic throws. 

People continue to point at the accuracy issues and while what I mentioned before is one part, the other part is his teammates frankly weren't very good. What people forget is Carson Wentz's team was the FBS champions the year before Wentz left and were in the hunt that year followed by another championship last year. The team he was working with was far better than what Allen had. Allen was constantly under pressure and had an inordinate amount of easy passes dropped which you could make the argument anyone can deal with that, but when you watch the tape it really stood out (especially the pressure right up the middle).

All this aside, he won't be there at 12 so it's moot. If a QB is there we need to ransom that pick for a haul and move back.

This right here.

If he gets to us, pull the trigger.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2018, 11:59 AM)Go Cards Wrote: True although he does look accurate. Albeit a small sample. 

But Lamar Jackson probably has a stronger arm yet less accurate but much better legs. He was trying to guide ball instead of unleashing it. Trust me he has a cannon. 

My answer to the question is no on both though. We already have Dalton for a few years and do not need a controversy over who is the starter. Because you know Marvin is not starting a rookie over Dalton this year. 

Address our needs this draft and attack the QB spot next season would be my plan. 

Or grab a good one later in draft because QB's are going to slide. There are quite a few decent ones and with Cousins and the Viking QB's hitting FA it will cause a good one or two to slip in draft. The market is kind of flooded this year imo. 

Looking accurate at the Combine when there are no defenders on the field and you know exactly where you're going is one thing. His tape tells another. I would actually be very mad if the Bengals took Josh Allen. He's Jamarcus Russell 2.0.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 02:22 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: McGlinchey would be a major reach at this spot.  Theres' not a significant drop-off with any of the top 5 tackles.  No point in taking a guy that struggled against the best competition he faced.

Normally I would agree with you, but Left Tackle is a MAJOR problem on this team. There are no good Left Tackles available in Free Agency (well maybe one, but that makes him expensive). LT has to come from the draft and has to be better than CO this year for us to do anything. If that means reaching, that's the position this team is in right now. I just don't see Boling being the answer as a full time LT, and we have to lock that spot down. McGlinchey is the most ready IMO.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 11:52 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Looking accurate at the Combine when there are no defenders on the field and you know exactly where you're going is one thing. His tape tells another. I would actually be very mad if the Bengals took Josh Allen. He's Jamarcus Russell 2.0.

[Image: tenor.gif]

I know the dude is polarizing......but I don't think he's Jamarcus Russell bad on his worst day....lol.  You know something about Purple Drank rumors that the rest of us don't?  Clue us in man! Tongue

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 12:09 PM)Wyche Wrote: [Image: tenor.gif]

I know the dude is polarizing......but I don't think he's Jamarcus Russell bad on his worst day....lol.  You know something about Purple Drank rumors that the rest of us don't?  Clue us in man! Tongue

Josh Allen's tape shows he has incredible arm strength but also he's inaccurate (56% completion percentage past two years in which he was a starter). And before you say he played with lesser talent, he played in the MWC not FCS. It's still FBS-level.

Obviously, time will tell if I'm wrong or right, but I don't like the risk involved with Josh Allen, especially when you need to nail your first round pick and get contribution this year or at worst next year because the window is closing for the current core.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 12:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Josh Allen's tape shows he has incredible arm strength but also he's inaccurate (56% completion percentage past two years in which he was a starter). And before you say he played with lesser talent, he played in the MWC not FCS. It's still FBS-level.

Obviously, time will tell if I'm wrong or right, but I don't like the risk involved with Josh Allen, especially when you need to nail your first round pick and get contribution this year or at worst next year because the window is closing for the current core.

I get all that, that's why I said he is polarizing.  I think the potential is there, but he needs polish.  He could groom behind Dalton, then replace him if all goes well.  (FWIW, I wanted Allen in the 2nd....but this combine may have nixed that).  I get what you're saying about the draft as well, but let's face it......if they don't get some decent players in FA AND draft well, the rebuild may as well be on.  This team has too many holes to be a legit contender.

But Jamarcus?  Surely that was hyperbole.....lol.

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 12:50 PM)Wyche Wrote: I get all that, that's why I said he is polarizing.  I think the potential is there, but he needs polish.  He could groom behind Dalton, then replace him if all goes well.  (FWIW, I wanted Allen in the 2nd....but this combine may have nixed that).  I get what you're saying about the draft as well, but let's face it......if they don't get some decent players in FA AND draft well, the rebuild may as well be on.  This team has too many holes to be a legit contender.

But Jamarcus?  Surely that was hyperbole.....lol.

No I think he's actually a worse prospect than Jamarcus Russell. Russell had a 67% completion percentage in college against top competition his last year to go along with a cannon. Allen has never had a good completion percentage. His tape is worse than Jamarcus.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 02:22 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Pass.  If you watched his play this year, he was flat out terrible in a few games.  He was absolutely horrible vs. Iowa.  I have zero interest in him.  I'm not sure what all these talking heads see with him other than physical tools, because his play last year was not good.

He's always been a top 5-10 prospect on almost every draft guru's board.

McGlinchey would be a major reach at this spot.  Theres' not a significant drop-off with any of the top 5 tackles.  No point in taking a guy that struggled against the best competition he faced.

I agree, I think you can get an LT in Rd2 that is just as good as Rd1. It's why I want a LB in Rd1.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 01:33 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I agree, I think you can get an LT in Rd2 that is just as good as Rd1. It's why I want a LB in Rd1.

Bengals putting up smokescreens everywhere. Reported a month ago that Bengals don't consider any OL at 12 but expect multiple in Rds 2-4. Also reported a week or two ago that the Bengals are confident in their current LBs so probably shouldn't expect a LB early either. Then at the Combine you hear from Tobin saying he thinks Nelson can play all five positions on OL and play them well.

At this point, I have no idea where they are leaning.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2018, 01:38 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Bengals putting up smokescreens everywhere. Reported a month ago that Bengals don't consider any OL at 12 but expect multiple in Rds 2-4. Also reported a week or two ago that the Bengals are confident in their current LBs so probably shouldn't expect a LB early either. Then at the Combine you hear from Tobin saying he thinks Nelson can play all five positions on OL and play them well.

At this point, I have no idea where they are leaning.

I hear ya! I still wouldn't be at all surprised to see us take a CB first.... 
Reply/Quote