Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you go heavy at center prospects in this draft?
Basically I wanted to talk about all the centers available in the draft this year, and pose the question on how many of them should we draft?

You guys usually only see me this time of year. I love the draft. And the research into the prospects in reference to how they would help the bengals.

We need center. No secret.

Daniels or radnow are options for 1st round. Yet I think if we take daniels. Radnow will still be available later.
Let's look we have

Billy price who with injury should be a 2nd round pick that can play center or guard.

Isaiah Wynn from geogia who can play center, T, or G. He is projected a1-2 rounds.

James daniels, iowa. Can play center or guard. Projected rounds 1-2.

Frank ragnow, Arkansas, can play center or G. projected 1-2 rounder.

Austin corbitt, nevada , can play center or tackle. Projected rounds 2-4. The bengals gave him a very early visit.

Scott quessenberry ucla, can play center or guard. Projected rounds 4-6.

Sean welsh, iowa, plays center or guard. Played behind daniels at center. Started at guard.

There are many more middle round prospects to look at like cole, and such. But I want to skip to these players.

Bradley Bozeman alabama.
Brian Allen Michigan state.

These are 2 tough 7th round picks to toss into an offensive line battle.

I was hoping to raise the debate on if we should grab a few of these guys late ? While also drafting with the mindset that we want smart offensive linemen who know how to call out plays and recognize audibles.
Reply/Quote
Glenn, Boling, Westerman, and Fisher should be locks to make the team.

Hopkins and Ogbuehi were both starters last year. So they probably stay.

TJ Johnson is the only guy with NFL starting experience at C on the team so he probably stays to.

I think 2 OL picks definitely make the team. 3 should and could mean one of Ogbuehi, Hopkins or TJ is cut or we go 10 OL.

4 draft picks on OL making it would be crazy but I dont think its impossible. Cut Hopkins, TJ, Hart and Redmond and I wont be complaining.

Replace those 4 with Ragnow Price Orlando and Mailata and i would be pumped.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 03:47 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Glenn, Boling, Westerman, and Fisher should be locks to make the team.

TJ Johnson is the only guy with NFL starting experience at C on the team so he probably stays to.

I think 2 OL picks definitely make the team. 3 should and could mean one of Ogbuehi, Hopkins or TJ is cut or we go 10 OL.

4 draft picks on OL making it would be crazy but I dont think its impossible. Cut Hopkins, TJ, Hart and Redmond and I wont be complaining.

I like that idea.
  The line needs an over haul. I want a perennial pro bowl, hall of fame caliber center.  There are 3 available in the draft.

There is talent in this draft to rebuild our line and possibly put 2 players in hall of fame at offensive line.

We need safety and linebacker as well.7
Reply/Quote
I'm thinking were drafting 3. I definitely see us taking a center and a tackle before the 4th rd. I think we will draft a C/G type in rd 5. I honestly think we will be cutting Hopkins and TJ.
Reply/Quote
Wynn is the type of player the Bengals love. He is a tough blue collar player with versatility. But I could see them going Daniels and Price with the latter playing Right Guard. The only other player I could see the Bengals taken in round 2 of the draft is Lorenzo Carter because he is a Marvin Lewis type of player.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd take a true center early, like Ragnow/Price/Daniels. Could come back in the 4th and take a guy like Mason Cole who has played pretty much every position on the line.
Reply/Quote
I would have no problem taking Ragnow or Daniels at #21 and then coming back and getting Price in round 2.

I just don't think Ragnow or Daniels makes it to the 2nd round.
Reply/Quote
After giving this way too much thought....BENGALS FIRST PICK IS EITHER PRICE, DANIELS or RAGNOW at CENTER.

THAT out of the way. A Round One player will fall to Bengals in TWO, but at what position ???....With Center out of the way, it won't matter what position this Round One pick is still there in TWO. We can take him with Center out of the way.,.,WE just got a Round One Center and a Round One Player in 2 without drafting up to get him. We make out like bandits.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
If we draft a center, would we start them right away? We could let Johnson play this year until the new center is ready for NFL. Does anyone out there have the ability to start right away?
Reply/Quote
Nice thread man. Ragnow has been flying up the boards for good reason, he was the best Center in the country
before his high ankle sprain and he is completely healthy now and had one hell of a Pro Day. Much better than i
thought he would honestly and he was right there with Price for me before that.

Ragnow is ready to go come OTA's and is more powerful than Daniels and never allowed a sack in his college
career. I take this guy at 21 and don't blink an eye.

All for drafting another Center later who is versatile and can play Guard, whether it is Price, Corbett, Cole, Clapp,
Allen or Bozeman. Haven't heard of Welsh before honestly, thanks for bringing up a new name i haven't heard of.

A pure Guard i like in the mid to late rounds is Wyatt Teller, if the guy is half as tough as he looks i want him on
my team. Looks like a freak out there dude.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 01:20 PM)SYLVIA Wrote: If we draft a center, would we start them right away?  We could let Johnson play this year until the new center is ready for NFL. Does anyone out there have the ability to start right away?

All the top 3 Centers would start right away Silvia, of this i have no doubt and they would be substantial upgrades
over Bodine and TJ. Book it.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 10:49 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I would have no problem taking Ragnow or Daniels at #21 and then coming back and getting Price in round 2.

I just don't think Ragnow or Daniels makes it to the 2nd round.

I think Daniels is a sure fire first rounder.  Yet I think ragnow would be there in the 2nd along with price. 

I like the idea of these plug and play guys. That can play more than one position.

I know some won't agree but I think centre is one of the most intelligent positions on the field. To have a few intelligent linemen working together would be a plus.

If we could somehow get Daniels at center, price at guard and Jones at tackle.  Added to what we already have. We could definitely have the best line in the league for years.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 01:20 PM)SYLVIA Wrote: If we draft a center, would we start them right away?  We could let Johnson play this year until the new center is ready for NFL. Does anyone out there have the ability to start right away?
Yes. I whole heartedly believe daniels, ragnow, price, and Wynn are NFL ready.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 01:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice thread man. Ragnow has been flying up the boards for good reason, he was the best Center in the country
before his high ankle sprain and he is completely healthy now and had one hell of a Pro Day. Much better than i
thought he would honestly and he was right there with Price for me before that.

Ragnow is ready to go come OTA's and is more powerful than Daniels and never allowed a sack in his college
career. I take this guy at 21 and don't blink an eye.

All for drafting another Center later who is versatile and can play Guard, whether it is Price, Corbett, Cole, Clapp,
Allen or Bozeman. Haven't heard of Welsh before honestly, thanks for bringing up a new name i haven't heard of.

A pure Guard i like in the mid to late rounds is Wyatt Teller, if the guy is half as tough as he looks i want him on
my team. Looks like a freak out there dude.
Thank you and yes ragnow is looking better and better everyday. I think he has shot up over price because of the injury.

Watt teller does look tough. 

I just want to see us address C,G,T,  as well as grab an OLB,ILB,SAFETY, and CB

We definitely can upgrade at some positions and need help during tez suspension at OLB, but our line should be top priority. 
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2018, 03:47 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Glenn, Boling, Westerman, and Fisher should be locks to make the team.

I like those 4 additions. Wow talk about upgrading.
Reply/Quote