Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If I hear Marvin’s son got a promotion I’m outtie
I’d rather cheer for the Browns than cheer for a father trying to get his son paid.

Yes his son is on the staff for those who don’t know
Reply/Quote
Not gonna happen. People will find anything to complain about when its nothing to complain about....
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
I’m 32. I can complain about everything.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 08:19 AM)Alleyviper13 Wrote: I’m 32. I can complain about everything.

[Image: giphy.gif]
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
I have been in the business world for 25 years and see this all the time. Welcome to the real world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 08:13 AM)Alleyviper13 Wrote: I’d rather cheer for the Browns than cheer for a father trying to get his son paid.

I don't know anything about his son, so I am not saying he should be promoted, but....

Kyle Shanahan was once thought to be nothing but a tag along with his dad, and he turned out to be one of the best young coaches in the league this year. Nepotism in coaching is common and it actually tends to work out decently well (not normally Shannahan good though).
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 09:11 AM)Au165 Wrote: I don't know anything about his son, so I am not saying he should be promoted, but....

Kyle Shanahan was once thought to be nothing but a tag along with his dad, and he turned out to be one of the best young coaches in the league this year. Nepotism in coaching is common and it actually tends to work out decently well (not normally Shannahan good though).

Yeah but Mike Shanahan didn’t suck.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 09:18 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Yeah but Mike Shanahan didn’t suck.

He kind of did down the back stretch in Washington when he brought Kyle on to be a more important role. A bunch of people in Washington were throwing a fit about Kyle being on staff.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 08:13 AM)Alleyviper13 Wrote: I’d rather cheer for the Browns than cheer for a father trying to get his son paid.

What is your stance on Mike Zimmer employing his son?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 09:40 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What is your stance on Mike Zimmer employing his son?

Or Jay Gruden hiring his nephew.
Reply/Quote

Who cares, you're a Vikings fan.

I don't even know why you're still here.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Look at any NFL staff and you will see nepotism

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
So you're going to get a belly button operation.. I'm impressed. Nepotism isn't exactly a medical condition, but hey, find a greedy surgeon and go for it. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 08:19 AM)Alleyviper13 Wrote: I’m 32. I can complain about everything.

damn millennials
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 11:47 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: damn millennials

As my father once said (actually thousands of times) and I quote. "Wait till you get to be my age." 
I'm quite a bit older than he was when he first said it to me and he's still saying it at 89..  
So to recap.. Wait till you get to be my age.. lol

I give my pops a lot of credit. He used to be first a Browns fan then a Bengals fan and now he's a Panthers fan.. He goes where his address goes.. He can barely remember who the Bengals are much less the Browns.. 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

Someday you'll look back on your childhood with fond memories..

Reply/Quote

Out of all the idiotic moves this franchise has made a father looking out for his son is the breaking point for you? Common Man.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 11:55 AM)grampahol Wrote: As my father once said (actually thousands of times) and I quote. "Wait till you get to be my age." 
I'm quite a bit older than he was when he first said it to me and he's still saying it at 89..  
So to recap.. Wait till you get to be my age.. lol

I give my pops a lot of credit. He used to be first a Browns fan then a Bengals fan and now he's a Panthers fan.. He goes where his address goes.. He can barely remember who the Bengals are much less the Browns.. 

I've been trying to find reasons to be a Panthers fan but I just can't ignore my hometown team no matter how bad I want to. I can't stand Cam but other than him I like a lot of their players. I am excited about the the Bengals playing here this year. I just hope we have a good team so I don't look like a fool in Bengal gear.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2018, 05:56 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Out of all the idiotic moves this franchise has made a father looking out for his son is the breaking point for you? Common Man.

I’m a very sarcastic person.
Reply/Quote