Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
If I'm Roger Goodell
(11-22-2020, 07:43 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Meh theres a different between providing factual arguments and being negative nancy all the time.

As I've told Fred in the past you can play devils advocate but when it's your full-time job it gets old super fast.

These past 2 years Fred has been one of the only people here to consistently remind others we've been a top half of the league franchise this decade. If you're going to complain about people being consistently negative and constantly complaining there's far more worthy choices. 
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:40 PM)Roland Wrote: Nobody is going to invest what it costs to buy an NFL franchise and then leave it in Cincinnati.   I suppose this helps Bengals fans if object is to put them out of their misery.

Kevin Youkilis tweeted about the asking price once.... 

Serious note, there are a lot of Cincinnati based investment groups that would keep the team here. Starting with a group attached to Proctor and Gamble which with no matter how big that company is still headquartered in Cincinnati.

This city isn't so small that a new owner would immediately move it, not too mention they would certainly get another sweet stadium deal if they replaced the evil one as owner.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:46 PM)TheFan Wrote: These past 2 years Fred has been one of the only people here to consistently remind others we've been a top half of the league franchise this decade. If you're going to complain about people being consistently negative and constantly complaining there's far more worthy choices. 

There's a term in the NBA called a "treadmill team" I think that fits the Bengals nicely. 
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:46 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Nah I get it trust me. 

I typically welcome all opinions but I can't in good faith call that man a Bengals fan.  When 95% of your posts are negative or arguing for the sake of arguing I'm not sure the value that brings to the board but I digress. 

I get it, trust me I do. Especially in moments like this where things are really going bad and you see a post that is almost troll level against things.

Just laugh it off and keep reading lol.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:29 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: If the Bengals draft Lawrence(or another top QB prospect) as the sport's popularity continues to decline precipitously, they'll care.

Will not happen
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:48 PM)QueenCity Wrote: There's a term in the NBA called a "treadmill team" I think that fits the Bengals nicely. 

I'm not going to say Mike Brown is a good owner, because he certainly is not in any way. But it's not his fault we lost some of the play off games we did this decade. If we win even 1 or 2 of them how do people here view the franchise? That's not his fault. 

Hiring Taylor (and if he continues with him) is 100% on him and seem to be terrible decisions but that doesn't take away from what we accomplished (and could have accomplished) earlier this decade. 
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:48 PM)QueenCity Wrote: There's a term in the NBA called a "treadmill team" I think that fits the Bengals nicely. 

This guy or gal gets it..
Its pre determined..

ANy fan of this team that can sit back and think its just been 30 years of bad luck and bad personell is truly special
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Which team are you talking about.

Bengals just spent $145 million on free agents this off season.

Over the previous decade Bengals are in the top half of the league in winning percentage and made the playoffs 5 times.

Sad how many Bengal fans live to play the victim.  Victim mentality is all the rage these days.

The team that hasn’t won a playoff game in 30 years and owns the longest streak of seasons without a playoff win in ALL OF PROFESSIONAL SPORTS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 08:40 PM)bjf123 Wrote: The team that hasn’t won a playoff game in 30 years and owns the longest streak of seasons without a playoff win in ALL OF PROFESSIONAL SPORTS.

All of professional sports or just North American sports? I'm sure there's some C-level soccer team in Googly-on-Magillicuddy that hasn't won the Sheepherder's Trophy since 1947 or some damn thing.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Make him sell it to the city. Then we can hire a GM for once.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 08:47 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: All of professional sports or just North American sports? I'm sure there's some C-level soccer team in Googly-on-Magillicuddy that hasn't won the Sheepherder's Trophy since 1947 or some damn thing.

Top tier US based pro sports. MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL, maybe MLS. The Cincinnati Cyclones (minor league hockey) won their league title a few years ago.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:37 PM)QueenCity Wrote: May have to it's something I try to avoid but damn is he the first poster to get under my skin in years.  

I have no clue how he calls himself a Bengals fan.

It’s useless. Everyone that quotes him will make his nonsense visible.

Reply/Quote
This is a joke of an unOrganization I expect the majestic and mighty Bengal tigers to file a lawsuit any moment for making them look bad.
Reply/Quote
Lol at the "over the last decade" argument. That view is so skewed. We win for Dalton's first five seasons then regress from bad to terrible the next five seasons. The real way to look at it is that we are already halfway through another lost decade.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:43 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I vote to ban all those that are so over the top after a hit of him stepping into a pass and a defender fallin on his back that takes him out for the year.. means sell the franchise..blah blah blah.. lets ban all those posters

No one cares what you vote. Half your posts are barely comprehensible.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:41 PM)thillan Wrote: I’d invest.. anyone got billions of dollars I can take to make your Sunday’s more entertaining? I promise to make it more entertaining than it is now!

If I had billions why would I give it to you exactly? I'd just hire strippers for every game and keep the rest of the money. Strippers work cheap compared to football players. I know..I married one..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 09:05 PM)Older Than You Too Wrote: Lol at the "over the last decade" argument. That view is so skewed. We win for Dalton's first five seasons then regress from bad to terrible the next five seasons. The real way to look at it is that we are already halfway through another lost decade.

Hey calm down according to Fred I should be proud we weren't the absolute worst franchise the last 10-15 years.

What an accomplishment! I wonder if they give out trophies for that sh**.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 07:40 PM)Roland Wrote: Nobody is going to invest what it costs to buy an NFL franchise and then leave it in Cincinnati.   I suppose this helps Bengals fans if object is to put them out of their misery.

They would if they get to keep the sweetheart stadium deal.

To move they'd have to pay ~$500m in a relocation fee and then likely have to pay for building their own stadium (~$1-2b, or more depending on where they move to).

It'd more than double the price of buying the team if they moved it elsewhere. Meanwhile they could stay here on a highly favorable deal and just spend like $100m or so to spruce up the stadium.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
The taxpayers of Hamilton County will NEVER vote to spend another dime on a football stadium. Mike Brown has guaranteed that for the foreseeable future. The only way that changes is if the team suddenly starts winning multiple Super Bowls.

Reply/Quote
Fred isn't wrong. 
Reply/Quote