Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
If I were ZT ....
and my consensus was, Finley isn’t the answer OR his future QB, sided with the fact they haven’t done any better with him in there, I would put Dalton back in and try to save face and keep his job leaving Mike Brown believing, “Well ZT did finish strong!”
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2019, 12:16 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: and my consensus was, Finley isn’t the answer OR his future QB, sided with the fact they haven’t done any better with him in there, I would put Dalton back in and try to save face and keep his job leaving Mike Brown believing, “Well ZT did finish strong!”

Nothing personal toward you. But it really is amazing how short some fans memories are here. What has Dalton done the last 16 games to make you think we will “Finish Strong” or play any better than we are now. I would rather see Dolegala in there. If he dosent look any better then at least we tried them all. Still think Thinley ( Lol Thanks Fred ) needs a few more games before we pull the plug.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2019, 12:16 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: and my consensus was, Finley isn’t the answer OR his future QB, sided with the fact they haven’t done any better with him in there, I would put Dalton back in and try to save face and keep his job leaving Mike Brown believing, “Well ZT did finish strong!”

If you were ZT you would have kept Pollack, hired Del Rio as DC, run Mixon from the first game on, called plays for Eifert and have won some games.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Anyone who thinks Taylor is "fighting to save his job" simply doesn't understand how this organization works. He isn't going anywhere.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2019, 01:17 AM)BengalChris Wrote: If you were ZT you would have kept Pollack, hired Del Rio as DC, run Mixon from the first game on, called plays for Eifert and have won some games.

Pollack has led one of the worst O lines in the NFL for the Jets this season, the narrative that Pollock is a good line coach needs to die (let's just say average?). He was propped up coaching hall of fame talent in Dallas and has been just a guy everywhere else when he has been asked to actually use inferior talent. 
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2019, 09:40 AM)Fullrock Wrote: Anyone who thinks Taylor is "fighting to save his job" simply doesn't understand how this organization works. He isn't going anywhere.

Exactly

And putting Dalton back in at this point accomplishing nothing. If anything put Dolegala in. But I'd give Finley another game at least.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2019, 09:40 AM)Fullrock Wrote: Anyone who thinks Taylor is "fighting to save his job" simply doesn't understand how this organization works. He isn't going anywhere.

Finishing on a win note would seal his job with MB!

MB could rave about how he 'finished strong' and a good reason to keep him on.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2019, 12:53 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Nothing personal toward you. But it really is amazing how short some fans memories are here. What has Dalton done the last 16 games to make you think we will “Finish Strong” or play any better than we are now. I would rather see Dolegala in there. If he dosent look any better then at least we tried them all. Still think Thinley ( Lol Thanks Fred ) needs a few more games before we pull the plug.

Ehh, I don't care if Dalton is done here but in Finley's first start the offense scored a net total of -1 points and in his second start we lost by a TD even though he had an abysmal day.  The idea that Dalton wouldn't look better than Finley isn't based in logic at the moment.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2019, 12:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ehh, I don't care if Dalton is done here but in Finley's first start the offense scored a net total of -1 points and in his second start we lost by a TD even though he had an abysmal day.  The idea that Dalton wouldn't look better than Finley isn't based in logic at the moment.

You know this better than I do Nately, this is the forums.  That's why the 'couch coaches' are, ...  Cool   well .... 'couch coaches'!  Hilarious Wink
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2019, 12:44 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Finishing on a win note would seal his job with MB!

MB could rave about how he 'finished strong' and a good reason to keep him on.

Finishing on a "losing" note would also seal his job with MB!
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2019, 01:18 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Finishing on a "losing" note would also seal his job with MB!

Eh, not necessarily.

Dick LeBeau had 3 years here.

His first year the Bengals went 4-9.  

MB saw 'some' potential.

Next year the Bengals went 6-10.

MB saw potential AND improvement.

His third year the Bengals went 2-14.

MB FIRED him!!
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2019, 01:27 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Eh, not necessarily.

Dick LeBeau had 3 years here.

His first year the Bengals went 4-9.  

MB saw 'some' potential.

Next year the Bengals went 6-10.

MB saw potential AND improvement.

His third year the Bengals went 2-14.

MB FIRED him!!

The game has changed. MB ain't firing a guy with 3-4 years left on his contract. This ain't a player where you don't have to eat the contract...
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2019, 10:09 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Exactly

And putting Dalton back in at this point accomplishing nothing. If anything put Dolegala in. But I'd give Finley another game at least.

I would play Finley for two more games and Dolegala for the remaining games to see where each is at and who to keep as the 3rd stringer for next year. 

At this point it won't matter who starts because the team is crap; D is horrible and the OL can block anything. 
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2019, 03:29 PM)MEBengalsFan Wrote: I would play Finley for two more games and Dolegala for the remaining games to see where each is at and who to keep as the 3rd stringer for next year. 

At this point it won't matter who starts because the team is crap; D is horrible and the OL can block anything. 

Exactly.  Putting Dalton says nothing, shows nothing and does nothing.  He has to see what they have for the next season not go backwards.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2019, 10:09 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Exactly

I've heard Zac Taylor will start Ryan Finley for one more game -- this week against the Steelers -- at least but Zac would not commit to starting him afterward.  Putting Jake Dolegala in might be worth a look too -- but on the other hand I don't want the Bengals to go 0-16.  That would be a disaster.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2019, 05:04 PM)scorp1974 Wrote: Exactly.  Putting Dalton says nothing, shows nothing and does nothing.  He has to see what they have for the next season not go backwards.

Here is my prediction against the mighty Steelers,Finley will get hammered and will be taken out of the game with a concussion and Dalton comes in,he throws a TD to Tyler Boyd with 15 seconds left and we finally get a W. This is what I dreamed and my dreams never come true.But its fun seeing a win somewhere in the clouds.ITs never going to happen for real and I honestly see our Bengals going O-16,they for sure are not going to whip the stoolers.They are fighting for their playoff lives and we are just getting a paycheck. :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul:
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2019, 10:04 AM)Au165 Wrote: Pollack has led one of the worst O lines in the NFL for the Jets this season, the narrative that Pollock is a good line coach needs to die (let's just say average?). He was propped up coaching hall of fame talent in Dallas and has been just a guy everywhere else when he has been asked to actually use inferior talent. 

Not sure that anyone can hold Pollack responsible for the Jets OL this year.  Thus far, Osemele left the team after medical dispute, T Brent Qvale on IR for the year, G Brian Winters on IR for year, C Ryan Kalil on IR for year, Ts Chuma Edoga and Matt Beachum last listed as questionable..

That's just about the same as the shit show he was forced to work with last year, here in Cincinnati, yet he still had them blocking for the Conference's leading rusher.

Personally, I'm not sure what he would have been able to do with what we currently have, but I also suspect that perhaps guys like Clint Boling and Kent Perkins might not have suddenly "retired", the way they did under our current guy.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I would hire CK just for the media circus.
Reply/Quote
We need to move on from Dalton unless he's fine with being a backup.

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2019, 07:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not sure that anyone can hold Pollack responsible for the Jets OL this year.  Thus far, Osemele left the team after medical dispute, T Brent Qvale on IR for the year, G Brian Winters on IR for year, C Ryan Kalil on IR for year, Ts Chuma Edoga and Matt Beachum last listed as questionable..

That's just about the same as the shit show he was forced to work with last year, here in Cincinnati, yet he still had them blocking for the Conference's leading rusher.

Personally, I'm not sure what he would have been able to do with what we currently have, but I also suspect that perhaps guys like Clint Boling and Kent Perkins might not have suddenly "retired", the way they did under our current guy.

So then Glenn not playing all year, Boling retiring (which was in the works before Turner got here due to injury), Jonah being hurt, Andre Smith being hurt and being forced to use Bobby Hart at RT who was signed before he got here, and having John Jerry off the street that all isn't reason enough to not hold Turner responsible?

If we are going to let injuries and guys missing be an excuse for one we have to let it be an excuse for the other. What we can say is neither guy can turn polish turd players into gold.
Reply/Quote