Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
If I were ZT ....
(11-19-2019, 12:16 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: and my consensus was, Finley isn’t the answer OR his future QB, sided with the fact they haven’t done any better with him in there, I would put Dalton back in and try to save face and keep his job leaving Mike Brown believing, “Well ZT did finish strong!”

Finley is an issue for Zac.

Zac got the job off the back of being some sort of QB savant. Zac's now given up on Dalton, the QB he was supposed to win now with after going 0 for 8, and has put in the QB he traded up for in the draft as the Bengals apparently loved him. Finley looks totally out of his depth and many of the things he's struggling with e.g. arm strength aren't things that can be fixed.

If he can't fix Finley, can Katie and Troy trust Zac (or Tobin) with the first overall pick?

And if they can't trust Zac or Duke with the first overall pick, do you know anybody else who knows QBs who'd be able to make that pick for them? They'd have probably had to play QB for Dartmouth or something.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 09:08 AM)Au165 Wrote: So then Glenn not playing all year, Boling retiring (which was in the works before Turner got here due to injury), Jonah being hurt, Andre Smith being hurt and being forced to use Bobby Hart at RT who was signed before he got here, and having John Jerry off the street that all isn't reason enough to not hold Turner responsible?

If we are going to let injuries and guys missing be an excuse for one we have to let it be an excuse for the other. What we can say is neither guy can turn polish turd players into gold.

I'm not arguing that the Bengals have given Turner anything good to work with.  I'm just saying that your comment about Pollack leading the worst OL in football this season, wasn't a fair statement to make.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 10:32 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm not arguing that the Bengals have given Turner anything good to work with.  I'm just saying that your comment about Pollack leading the worst OL in football this season, wasn't a fair statement to make.

I'm saying that we ask coaches all the time to turn chicken **** into chicken salad and for all the talk of how great he was he has not done that at all. His entire reputation is built around what the Dallas O Line did but he had 3 first round picks on that line and potentially 3 hall of famers. The whole Mixon argument is as much about the scheme ZT wanted ran, which we have abandoned the last couple weeks with positive results, versus anything an O line coach is doing. Our pass protection last year was bad just like it is this year, so it's disingenuous to give Pollock credit for Mixon's running without ripping him for the horrible pass protection. If you go by football outsiders our line is basically ranked the same this year from last year in pass protection, only difference is this year the personnel is far worse.

Sorry, it's just a pet peeve of mine. It is like Adam Gase who's whole career is built around him being Peyton Manning's QB coach, like so what anyone could have done that job. 
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2019, 12:16 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: and my consensus was, Finley isn’t the answer OR his future QB, sided with the fact they haven’t done any better with him in there, I would put Dalton back in and try to save face and keep his job leaving Mike Brown believing, “Well ZT did finish strong!”

Bungles becoming quite enamored with getting the 1st pick. They'll make sure they can't catch the Skins' or Dolphins before AD starts again. I would not play him at this point and would trade the 1st pick down a few slots and get me 2 top 15 picks.....This team has so many holes you have to start with multiple picks..
Reply/Quote