Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Liberals Hate Him, Then Trump Must Be Doing Something Right
(05-13-2017, 09:26 PM)Dill Wrote: Even after a few days, I find this article one of the most insightful things I have read about Trumpism.

And the central insight is still the systematic shift from defending Trump's fumbles to criticizing liberals for criticizing Trump. Or, not really "criticizing" so much as just enjoying their anger and concern as an incompetent cripples and shames the government we wall rely on. Like the proper thing to do when the president fires someone investigating him is take a chill pill. It will work itself out.

This abovementioned shift raises questions about what conservatism really was, if it could be so easily coopted by something so not (apparently) conservative, something so joyfully nihilistic and anarchic.

We are treated to Spicer and Huckabee lying everyday, trying reconstruct what Trump really meant, along with surrogates on the MSM news channels forced into rhetorical back flips to explain what Trump really meant and why he is really moving the country forward.  Conway explaining the Comey firing is a fine example of this art.

But the other pundits, especially on Fox, are all over how the liberals are imploding.

I understand why Rush and Hannity do this. It helps sell the "Russian investigation conspiracy theory." But I am still surprised the rank and file followed so quickly.

My biggest take away from the article is at this point Democrats control the Republicans agenda. They have no idea what they stand for other than what Trump says and Trump has no idea what he stands for except to pulverize anybody who hurts his ego.