Poll: If Marvin returns, are you done?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Marvin Lewis is back, are you done with the Bengals?
Without even reading the replies, i was amazed after casting my "Yes" vote to see 48% no .... WTF ...... this is why Brown and Co. get away with this crap .... seriously even Marvin himself appears to be checked out of this and mailing it in. Broadcast guys have commented on it during their pre-game meetings, and even Marvin himself after this one seemed done in front of the media. Yet 48% of you said NO !!!! Holy Great Apathy Batman !!!
Reply/Quote
I voted yes, but,in desparaton because I don't think MB cares if the fans want a winner! I don't think he cares what goes on the field as long he keeps the money rollin in! I will probably halfheartedly follow them because I've been a fan since day one.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 10:26 AM)Big Boss Wrote: If he's back next year, I will not watch the Bengals until he's gone.  I'm not even angry with how terrible this team is.  I'm just beyond ***** bored by it.

x2.

I'm not going to say my fandom will be completely dead, but I plan on scaling back my participation here if no changes are made. I will also skip every Bengals game next year. I'll check the scores and that will be it for me. I've already been gradually weening myself anyways. I've missed several games over the last 2 years.

We've already lost several regulars on these boards over the past year and I imagine we'll see several more if Marvin is retained. Just because some of you aren't at that point yet doesn't mean nobody is. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
If Marvin comes back next year it will be no different for me than it has been for the past 7 years. Ive made it known I have no faith in him.

Ive felt this way about him strongly after the 2010 season and Palmer leaving and how poorly the season was especially after losing to the Jets in the playoffs. Hes a dud and ya cant polish a turd...

So my attitude will be the same as it has been for years with Marvin, enjoy the little moments but always know nothing will happen with him as head coach.
Reply/Quote
I can root for a perennial loser, but as long as they show a fighting spirit - like a badger fighting off multiple wolves.

But for the past few years, this team has been somewhat 'decent' at the most, but then always bends over at the 2nd half and goes into a coma in playoff games - as if they totally forgot what got them there.

I cannot root for a team that plays like a ***** year after year. Last was the 80s Bengals that showed fight. It's not like that anymore.... I'm waiting for the return of that fighting spirit....
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I can't remember the last time I went to a game or spent a penny on Bengals merch so I'm pretty emotionally 'out' as it is. No matter who the coach is next season, I'll watch the games on TV as long as there's nothing better to do. Honestly if the team announced they were leaving tomorrow I wouldn't shed a tear.

As long as the Brown family owns the team, winning will never be the #1 priority, at this point I'd rather the county kick the Bengals out of PBS and just give the stadium to FC Cincinnati
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 12:17 PM)Go Cards Wrote: No, if MB and a slew of deadbeat coaches have not run me off this will not either.

Plus the Bengals are a connection with me and my father who is watching from the other side.

Albeit through parted fingers in his face palm the last two seasons.

But almost certainly are giving up 2 of my 4 season tickets this year and maybe all 4.

It is getting way too expensive for this kind of entertainment.

Exhibit A,  $144 for the Browns game. Really ?  FU !

Definitely cutting in half no matter what at this point and may pull out completely and become a TV watcher.  

But will still be a fan and follow team, just will not be monetarily invested in tickets or apparel anymore.

If the NFL held amnesty day to get COA's refunded, that place would be nearly empty.
Reply/Quote
I didn't read all the replies. I voted no. I will never be done with the Bengals. With that said, I will be less interested in the Bengals. I will not renew Sunday Ticket and I will just check the score occasionally. If the Bengals org is not going to do everything in its power to win, then why should I invest myself (and my family) financially and emotionally in the Bengals?

I will always hope they win and I love the watching the games every week, but if Marvin is back and little to no changes are made, I will be far less interested.
Reply/Quote
If Marvin is NOT back I might be done with the Bengals! He deserves another shot.
Reply/Quote
Id be taking a hiatus until hes gone. Might even root for another team during that time.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 10:26 AM)Big Boss Wrote: If he's back next year, I will not watch the Bengals until he's gone.  I'm not even angry with how terrible this team is.  I'm just beyond ***** bored by it.

It'll be nothing but college football for me.

This exactly for me.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Done as in it won't be a priority for me to pay attention.

It isn't fun watching Marv.
Reply/Quote
I wanna say yes but I’m hooked for life
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 10:20 AM)740Bengal Wrote: As requested on another thread. Interested to see the results. My answer is I will always be a fan, but it will be like it has this year, watching emotionless with no hope, no excitement of upcoming games etc, Marvin has sucked the life out of me when it comes to being an inspired fan.

I will absolutely be done. I've lost more interest this season than I ever thought I could. Another year of Marvin may just be the final straw for me. It's difficult enough knowing much wouldn't change even if every coach was fired since Brown is in control, but at least a new coaching staff would bring some hope.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 05:49 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: If Marvin is NOT back I might be done with the Bengals! He deserves another shot.

Your joking right.
Reply/Quote
I haven't been upset by a game since Dallas last year. That was the last game I actually looked forward to. Yesterday was no where near as embarrassing as that one. Talk about a beat-down. That was a game where you felt self conscious wearing the gear just leaving the stadium.

Now I just watch them because it is what I have done with my Sundays the last 13 years. If Marvin stays, I'll probably be like I am now, just paying attention simply out of tradition. Even if Marvin goes I might still be like that. It would take a hiring and transition as profound as the 2003 one to get people truly exited again, I think.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 05:49 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: If Marvin is NOT back I might be done with the Bengals!  He deserves another shot.

Marvin?

I voted 'no.'  I'm not letting that old bastard Mike drive me away.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I've been done since the start of the season and going o fer.

I love the Bengals, but I cannot commit my time and energies to a loser like the 90s.

So many good players and such bad coaching. I feel bad for Gino, Carlos, Green, etc.

The whole staff should go. If anyone things Paul G is the heir apparent, I will vomit on my shirt.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
Nope. I ride with the Bengals forever.

If I didn’t leave pre Marvin I won’t leave.
Reply/Quote
I won't fully leave, but I'll be scaling back my viewing habits. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote