Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Marvin gets an extension again?
With the blind loyalty Brown has its very likely that Marvin gets another extension more so than fired. So what will you do? will you continue to support this team, go to games, buy merchandise, etc. I hate the Lame Duck excuse. I think Marvin has done wonders turning this franchise around but im afraid he's reached his limit on what he can do as a HC here. I do think he would make a good GM but thats another thread. So. what would you do?
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2016, 06:43 PM)TKUHL Wrote: With the blind loyalty Brown has its very likely that Marvin gets another extension more so than fired. So what will you do? will you continue to support this team, go to games, buy merchandise, etc. I hate the Lame Duck excuse. I think Marvin has done wonders turning this franchise around but I'm afraid he's reached his limit on what he can do as a HC here. I do think he would make a good GM but that's another thread. So. what would you do?
No, Yes,  and No
Reply/Quote
I mostly expect him to be back. I suppose I could handle it if the organization actually took steps to rebuild this team with urgency in the offseason. Can some assistants, sign some A or B level FAs (LOL), draft players that can help on day 1, etc.
Reply/Quote
Marvin is lost. I will be pissed but I love the Bengals and will support them no matter what.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'll always root for the Bengals. If Marvin is resigned I'll certainly be less excited than if we had a new HC, but it is what it is.

As far as going to games, I prefer to watch them at home. I do buy merchandise though, and usually get stuff for Xmas, birthdays, etc.

Not sure the Browns ever give the actual title of GM, but I'd be fine with Marvin joining Tobin and Co in the FO. He's earned that much for everything he's done for us.

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 12:20 AM)samhain Wrote: I mostly expect him to be back.  I suppose I could handle it if the organization actually took steps to rebuild this team with urgency in the offseason.  Can some assistants, sign some A or B level FAs (LOL), draft players that can help on day 1, etc.

This is pretty much where I am.  If Piano Man and others return....I may not watch them again.  I guess I would technically be a fan, since I wouldn't pick another squad, but I don't think I'd so much as tune in if it's status quo.  There damn well better NOT be an extension though.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
If Marvin is signed for an extension, you will see the beginning of the 90's all over again.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
There were no changes the last time we had 4-win seasons (Brat was only fired after Palmer's trade demand went public). There won't be any this time either.
Reply/Quote
I don't think I have it in me to go thru another Marvin Lewis lead Bengals Team.

The one and only chance these core players have is for a complete makeover, hit the restart button.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 10:42 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I don't think I have it in me to go thru another Marvin Lewis lead Bengals Team.

The one and only chance these core players have is for a complete makeover, hit the restart button.

I just WON'T CARE anymore. I won't have another team and i won't get Sunday TIcket either. If it's not the Bengals i'm interested in i'm not really interested in football much anymore i find. My son has his hockey games between 2 and 3 anyway so i'm usually busy and find i don't miss it as much. Having everything stay status quo just makes me go mehhhh. Whatever
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 11:28 AM)count35 Wrote: I just WON'T CARE anymore. I won't have another team and i won't get Sunday TIcket either. If it's not the Bengals i'm interested in i'm not really interested in football much anymore i find. My son has his hockey games between 2 and 3 anyway so i'm usually busy and find i don't miss it as much. Having everything stay status quo just makes me go mehhhh. Whatever

Powdered Toast Men is the name of one of my fantasy teams.
Reply/Quote
I fully expect him to be back next season, simply because I can't see Brown paying him to not work in 2017. This is the same reason I don't think we will see many of the assistants change, because they have time left on their contracts. I also don't expect them to be active in Free Agency because they are the Bengals. This leaves me wondering how long it will take to turn this around.

I guess I would suffer through a "lame duck" season, but don't think I can stick around if he gets an extension. I'm also not sure how much longer I can continue to support a Mike Brown owned team. For all the things that we tell ourselves have changed, the results continue to stay the same. I firmly believe the last couple years were the "crest" and this team is on a downward trajectory right now. Being a Bengals fan is what I would imagine it's like to have an alcoholic for a mate. You see the good and the positive in them, which gives you just enough hope to go on. You have some good times, but you always know the bad is coming. I have not lived in Southwest Ohio for 20 years, so it's not like anyone could blame me for starting to root for someone else...
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 04:30 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: If Marvin is signed for an extension, you will see the beginning of the 90's all over again.

Nothing drives me crazier than when people say this. Its ridiculous and isn't going to happen. 
Reply/Quote
I expect him to get a one year extension like he has been. I also expect that fans will accept it and instead focus on the one or two players we pick up in next years draft to be the answer to what the team needs to get over the hump and make a serious run.

and when everything stays the same the process will repeat....
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 12:03 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I fully expect him to be back next season, simply because I can't see Brown paying him to not work in 2017.  This is the same reason I don't think we will see many of the assistants change, because they have time left on their contracts.  I also don't expect them to be active in Free Agency because they are the Bengals.  This leaves me wondering how long it will take to turn this around.

I guess I would suffer through a "lame duck" season, but don't think I can stick around if he gets an extension.  I'm also not sure how much longer I can continue to support a Mike Brown owned team.  For all the things that we tell ourselves have changed, the results continue to stay the same.  I firmly believe the last couple years were the "crest" and this team is on a downward trajectory right now.  Being a Bengals fan is what I would imagine it's like to have an alcoholic for a mate.  You see the good and the positive in them, which gives you just enough hope to go on.  You have some good times, but you always know the bad is coming.  I have not lived in Southwest Ohio for 20 years, so it's not like anyone could blame me for starting to root for someone else...

I'm with ya,

I fully expect the march down mediocrity lane to continue. Marvin will still be here even if we lose out. The coaching staff will mostly stay intact, oh they may release the assistant to the assistant locker room coach. They may release Peko and a couple practice squad players or something. But 90% of what's here this season will be retained. I'd say they'll get a new kicker.

They'll sign a couple has been's just off the IR around 33 years old and Hobspin will have an article ready about how much the Bengals have changed and are working hard to get back in it thru free agency.

We'll run 80 - 90% of the same offense out there. They'll assure us Bodine and Ogbuehi are coming around (Paul Alexanders pet projects have years to blossom). MJ, A. Jones, and Maualuga will still be staring and on and on ad nauseam.

We'll go 9 - 7 next season and just miss the playoffs, ironically on a missed FG in the last game. But then we'll get the see we're headed back in the right direction and Marvin gets another extension.

It's the never ending story - We can't go back to the 90's ya know. 

And if this plays out, which I think will. I just don't think I can stomach another season of the worst run FO in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
It's probably going to come down to another 2010 EOS meeting and uncomfortable press conference. 

And i'd expect the outcome to be the same too. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Don't know if people just feel like exaggerating or if they have short memories.

-I remember the Bengals cut Rudi Johnson, Deltha O'Neal and Willie Anderson all in the same off season.

-I remember that Eric Ghiaciuc only began 2 seasons as the Bengals starting OC, and Kyle Cook only bregan one season as our starting OC after an injury made him ineffective.

-I remember that Bresnehan and Bratkowski were both fired and replaced by people from outside the franchise.

I seriously doubt Marvin gets an extension, but I would not be surprised if he returns next year. I think it is time for a change, but I will still be a Bengal fan next year even if Marvin is the coach.

Funny thing is that if Marvin does return next year there is a good chance he could get us back into the playoffs. The last few years when so many people were hating on Marvin and Andy because they could not win with "the most talented roster in the league" I disagreed. I felt we had a talented roster, but not the best in the league. Now that people are crying about how the team is a total dumpster fire with too many holes to ever fill I disagree with this also. We do have more holes than the last few years, but we still have a handful of very good players whe we can re-build around quickly.
Reply/Quote
Would anyone seriously be surprised if Marvin gets an extension?
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 11:39 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: Would anyone seriously be surprised if Marvin gets an extension?

I would be very surprised.

He is already signed through next year.  He might be back next year, but that is not the same as giving him an extension and signing him through 2018.
Reply/Quote