Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Marvin is retained/Hue is hired, we should protest
(12-11-2018, 05:08 PM)Wyche Wrote: You get knocked in the head or something ol' buddy?  You DO remember we are talking about Mike Brown, don't you? LMAO LMAO 

Wink

Mna, I'm just trying to apply a little bit of logic and glean some positivity.  We all know that if they bring back Hue or Mavin, that things will be at an all time low for morale with this team.  I'm hoping there's a chance that it doesn't shake out that way.  What do I have to lose.

Mike made change by a half measure last year.  It didn't work.  Time for a full one.  I think/hope we'll get something better than we expect, but not as good as it could be.  Probably a rookie coach as opposed to a veteran fire-eating disciplinarian demand full control.  The downside will be a need for the young coach to build trust to gain Mike's blessing when it comes to decisions.  
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 05:33 PM)samhain Wrote: Mna, I'm just trying to apply a little bit of logic and glean some positivity.  We all know that if they bring back Hue or Mavin, that things will be at an all time low for morale with this team.  I'm hoping there's a chance that it doesn't shake out that way.  What do I have to lose.

Mike made change by a half measure last year.  It didn't work.  Time for a full one.  I think/hope we'll get something better than we expect, but not as good as it could be.  Probably a rookie coach as opposed to a veteran fire-eating disciplinarian demand full control.  The downside will be a need for the young coach to build trust to gain Mike's blessing when it comes to decisions.  

Ha ha ha....I was just razzin' ya.  Yeah, I agree with everything in this post right here.  The only problem I see, is that you're trying to apply logic to Mikey's thought processes. LOL 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think we would need near thousands of people to make any sort of noise to be heard by ownership. If people are literally surrounding the stadium protesting, think of the message it would send?

I love the sentiment of skipping out on going to games, but as many have stated, empty seats have never stopped Mike Brown before. We need something radical, something to really catch his attention. Maybe even doing it at training camp wouldn't hurt.
Reply/Quote
Saw this online:
The Browns have more wins now than they had in all time Hue Jackson was head coach. The Bengals have not won since they hired him
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 05:45 PM)Wyche Wrote: Ha ha ha....I was just razzin' ya.  Yeah, I agree with everything in this post right here.  The only problem I see, is that you're trying to apply logic to Mikey's thought processes. LOL 

Exactly! Mikey boy Brown's logic is all upside down, inside out and backwards to front. If you try and understand what he's doing you only end up all dizzy and spinny.

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 05:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote:   Even if his coaching was not that bad, it was stale.

This is a money quote, Fred.  You nailed the exact issue I have with Marvin Lewis.  He's easy to game plan against because things never change.  Did you see the Bears humble the Rams last weekend?  They lined up three or four eligible offensive linemen and one caught a touchdown pass from Mitchell Trubisky.  That was a thing of beauty; completely innovative and almost non-defendable.  Where are those plays in the Cincinnati playbook?  I guess with Mohamed Sanu gone all those cool trick plays got ripped out of the playbook.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 05:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Protest?  Boycott?

You guys are pusses.

I say we storm the gates with pitchforks and torches.

If they send the OL to stop us we’ll probably get through.

Reply/Quote
Marvin will probably get an extension for losing out, as it will assure us of getting a top 5 pick. If he were to give hue the job, many people will give up their season tickets. I’ll be sick if they hire hue, because we all know he we be given atleast a 5 yr plan.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2018, 01:08 AM)Andy2AJ Wrote: Marvin will probably get an extension for losing out, as it will assure us of getting a top 5 pick. If he were to give hue the job, many people will give up their season tickets. I’ll be sick if they hire hue, because we all know he we be given atleast a 5 yr plan.

We’re not guaranteed a top 5 pick even if we lose out.

There’s currently 7 teams with fewer wins.

Reply/Quote
The only protest that might get attention is for people locally to boycott ALL businesses that advertise with the Bengals, whether it's in the program or in the stadium or commercials! Tell these businesses you're NOT buying what they're selling as long as they're in business with Mike Brown and family. That, and a rapid, drastic drop in Season Tickets!
Reply/Quote
All the above plus for Mike Brown's yearend press conference all the local media, print, online and TV should send ONLY one cameraman to cover the BS. After all it must seem like "Groundhog Day" to all of them anyway. Some BS drolled out every year! LOL
Reply/Quote
Boycott and pray Cleveland wins a PO game. I know that last part is sickening. It's all we can do.

Reply/Quote
I wonder why an owner can't concede that even if someone might be a decent coach but it's just not working for whatever reason?

Then I remember that it's Mike Brown and he's a stubborn asshole.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
IMO, protesting is the wrong tack. As someone else mentioned, that just makes Scrooge dig in harder. What we need is billboards praising him. Given his propensity for giving fans the opposite of what they clamor for, using some old fashioned reverse psychology just might do the trick.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I'd just as soon just not bother watching the games.

The only meaningful protest a fan can do is not spend money on the team.
Reply/Quote
A 80-90% empty stadium on a televised game would ring pretty powerful to the almighty NFL.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2018, 09:31 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: A 80-90% empty stadium on a televised game would ring pretty powerful to the almighty NFL.

Correct.  Just don't go to the games, very simple.  I'm having a hard time understanding why anybody would want to go watch a Marvin produced shit-show anyway, let alone spend any additional money than they already have while there.  Talk about insanity!
Reply/Quote
I really do like Hue as a person, and think he is a good man. However that is not what this Bengal team needs. I just dont think he is a good HC, good OC maybe, but not as a leader.I think Hue is nothing more then Marvin 2.0 without the wins. I REALLY hope Minnesota fires Zimmer this year, and the Bengals take advantage and that is our 2019 HC.

Let us know when to show up at PBS with signs, count me in.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2018, 09:31 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: A 80-90% empty stadium on a televised game would ring pretty powerful to the almighty NFL.

A little hard to do, when the stadium is filled with 75% of the opposing team's fan... Like Steeler fans.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2018, 04:04 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yep....but I still say boycott is the most likely way to succeed.  

Oh I agree. Obviously money is the easiest way to get Scrooge to move.

(12-11-2018, 05:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Protest?  Boycott?

You guys are pusses.

I say we storm the gates with pitchforks and torches.

Okay Kenny Rogers. But you got to know when to hold 'em. Know when to fold 'em. Know when to walk away. Know when to run.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote