Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Mike Brown has ANY BALLS...
I might be in the minority after this loss, but I think that Marvin has earned the right to resign and leave. Which I hope he does. He brought this team out of the gutter and he gets my respect for that. But it has become painfully clear through the weekly lack of discipline that he has taken this team as far as he ever will.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 06:46 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I might be in the minority after this loss, but I think that Marvin has earned the right to resign and leave. Which I hope he does. He brought this team out of the gutter and he gets my respect for that. But it has become painfully clear through the weekly lack of discipline that he has taken this team as far as he ever will.

I seriously doubt he will ever resign. I'd be ecstatic if he did, but I can't see it happening.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 06:42 PM)bjf123 Wrote: When will the people calling for Marvin to step down, get fired, etc., get it through their thick skulls that neither is going to happen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not about 'expecting' it to happen brother. Most are realistic enough to know that it probably won't happen. It's about venting about what should happen and how screwed up it is that it most likely won't

It's about wishing that the owner of this team would get it through his 'thick skull'.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 06:51 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: It's not about 'expecting' it to happen brother. Most are realistic enough to know that it probably won't happen. It's about venting about what should happen and how screwed up it is that it most likely won't

It's about wishing that the owner of this team would get it through his 'thick skull'.

amen to that.
Reply/Quote
If Mike Brown had any balls he could handle having a HC who isn't a simpering yes-man. But alas, here we are.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 06:45 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: It could easily happen if the fans stop showing up.

That's the only thing that could motivate Mike to change. It won't be an empty stadium, the STH will still be there due to the seat licenses that are involved.  But, the casual fans will stop going.  No club seats will get sold.  Corporate partners will look to spend their money elsewhere.  All of that together could drive the old man to make a change. 

Maybe.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 06:56 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: That's the only thing that could motivate Mike to change. It won't be an empty stadium, the STH will still be there due to the seat licenses that are involved.  But, the casual fans will stop going.  No club seats will get sold.  Corporate partners will look to spend their money elsewhere.  All of that together could drive the old man to make a change. 

Maybe.  

Exactly. I just wish every Bengal fan was smart enough to realize that
Reply/Quote
He doesn't! End of story!

Groundhog day once again!
Reply/Quote
I always said that the fact Marvin was retained after the 2010 season all but proved Mike will not fire him outside of something truly cataclysmic taking place. The job is Marvin's until Marvin doesn't want it anymore.

Hopefully Marvin does not want it anymore.
Reply/Quote
Mike was probably writing his contract extension the entire second half.
Reply/Quote
Losers.

Have to make a change or the team continue to be losers.

First half proved the players have the ability to out play and win the game.

Winners win and losers lose. Marv and co are losers, not winners. Keeping Marv is a statement to the players, fans, everyone that losing is acceptable

The Bengals are losers and I'm sick and tired of it.

Did I mention? Losers.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 07:01 PM)JumboTron Wrote: I always said that the fact Marvin was retained after the 2010 season all but proved Mike will not fire him outside of something truly cataclysmic taking place.  The job is Marvin's until Marvin doesn't want it anymore.  

Hopefully Marvin does not want it anymore.

The only problem with that JT, is MB is still the one in charge.

Yes, I know there is an outside chance that something might change if Lewis retires, but I wouldn't hold my breath on who MB replaces him with and how much leeway the new HC will get.

Beside that, Lewis has indicated he plans to be here next year and does not feel his job is in jeopardy.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 07:10 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: The only problem with that JT, is MB is still the one in charge.

Yes, I know there is an outside chance that something might change if Lewis retires, but I wouldn't hold my breath on who MB replaces him with and how much leeway the new HC will get.

Beside that, Lewis has indicated he plans to be here next year and does not feel his job is in jeopardy.

Yep, and therein lies the problem with being a fan of a team ran the by the likes of Mike Brown.  It may just get worse.  But God...something has got to give.

This fan-base and city deserve so much better it's absolutely mind blowing.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 07:13 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Yep, and therein lies the problem with being a fan of a team ran the by the likes of Mike Brown.  It may just get worse.  But God...something has got to give.

This fan-base and city deserve so much better it's absolutely mind blowing.

Here's the kicker ... Pete Rose said that Marge Schott was probably the worst owner the Reds have ever had, in terms of knowing baseball and running a franchise, but even she had the sense to get out of the way and let others run the show and make decisions.

What did it get her?  A WS championship!!
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 07:19 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Here's the kicker ... Pete Rose said that Marge Schott was probably the worst owner the Reds have ever had, in terms of knowing baseball and running a franchise, but even she had the sense to get out of the way and let others run the show and make decisions.

What did it get her?  A WS championship!!

Mike is far too stubborn to do that. He's too hell bent on keeping it all in the family. He actually thinks he knows football LMAO 
Reply/Quote
1) He's not going to resign.
2) He's not going to get fired.

He'll be on the sidelines next season. If we're REALLY lucky, he won't get the usual extension during the offseason and we'll see where we're at in January 2018.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2016, 07:32 PM)Big Boss Wrote: 1) He's not going to resign.
2) He's not going to get fired.

He'll be on the sidelines next season.  If we're REALLY lucky, he won't get the usual extension during the offseason and we'll see where we're at in January 2018.

It's going to take people staying away in droves for him to get the message and act.  Maybe when there's about 50k in the seats for our first home game in September, it'll start to dawn on him what lies ahead.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Just listening to the interviews he's done the last couple of weeks, he doesn't sound like a man who's ready to call it quits.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Mods please move the Marvin Lewis subforum
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
About a month and a half ago I was deluded enough to think that Marvin might be fired at the end of the season. About a month ago I pretty much came to terms with the fact that he won't. And this team won't be active in FA. And they probably won't can any coordinators. I don't feel confident in any of those things happening.
Reply/Quote