Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
If Mixon can't go
(10-07-2021, 02:13 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Less Perine is the best plan. Dude is 240+lbs. No reason to not run with more authority at that size. That's heavier than a lot of the modern LBs these days. Just take the Marshawn Lynch approach.

Don't see that in him, though, so I want to see what Evans can do. I still think RBs seeing Bell be really successful in Pittsburgh with that long hesitation and pauses style ruined a bunch of good RBs who tried to imitate that. They didn't realize that it only works because he was behind an OL that was allowed to hold. Without that it doesn't work. I think we're seeing a bit more of Mixon abandoning that and running with more attitude and purpose and it's led to more broken tackles and success.

He seemed to do well down the stretch doing exactly what you are saying, but maybe he was facing tired defenses and maybe he is a guy that just relaxed when he got a contract.  Either way, he needs to step it up Sunday.  I hope we don't telegraph the "Perine is in, it is a run, and Evans is in, it is a pass".  First play of the game, I would run play action to Perine, slide him out, and throw him the ball.  Burn Green Bay for over committing to shut him down early.  Conversely, I would love to see Evans get some straight up carries.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 02:11 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I want to see more of Evans

(10-07-2021, 02:12 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Give us Captain Cincinnati.

What these guys said and use him on some out routes going deep out of the backfield like the Rams did last night with Henderson.
Reply/Quote
I think Trey Hill has been working hard and is ready for his chance to get into the lineup. Zack Taylor has been working on some plays to get Pooka Williams out in space as a change of pace back to keep defense's off balance? Packers wont know what hit em, Pooka who? OK I made that all up, But it could happen,no? Pooka also has that cajun connection with some other new team members being he is from New Orleans. Geaux Bengals
Reply/Quote
Evening everyone. First post and im so sorry that ive had to hijack this one but i cant seem to find the option to start a new thread!

Long time Bengals fan from the UK, hope youre all well and enjoying a strong start to this season!

Im planning on visiting the jungle next year in the 2022/2023 season, will be visiting Orlando with the family in September, and not that they know this yet but a plane ride to Cinci from MCO is already on the cards! Just wanted to know how easy it will be to get a ticket for a game in the two week period between 9/21 & 10/5. Appreciate that he is in the future and once we make it to the superbowl this year that deman wil be increased! :-), but in general, is tehre availability?

Any advice etc would be greatly appreciated.

Take it easy all, hope to get there next year!

Thanks
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2021, 06:40 PM)bengalbrit Wrote: Evening everyone. First post and im so sorry that ive had to hijack this one but i cant seem to find the option to start a new thread!

Long time Bengals fan from the UK, hope youre all well and enjoying a strong start to this season!

Im planning on visiting the jungle next year in the 2022/2023 season, will be visiting Orlando with the family in September, and not that they know this yet but a plane ride to Cinci from MCO is already on the cards! Just wanted to know how easy it will be to get a ticket for a game in the two week period between 9/21 & 10/5. Appreciate that he is in the future and once we make it to the superbowl this year that deman wil be increased! :-), but in general, is tehre availability?

Thanks

It's pretty easy to get tickets.
If you can't get them through the official site, you can definitely find some without much of a markup on resell sites like seat geek.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2021, 01:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What these guys said and use him on some out routes going deep out of the backfield like the Rams did last night with Henderson.

Add me to the “wanna see some more Evans” list. I’d like to see how he runs between the tackles a bit at this level. If he breaks one though, it’s easy to foresee some of the reactionary posts after the game lol. I admittedly had forgotten about Evans until the Senior Bowl , and even then didn’t look too closely. Major props to the org for their diligence in drafting him. One of many impressive moves. I love the potential of him.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2021, 06:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's pretty easy to get tickets.
If you can't get them through the official site, you can definitely find some without much of a markup on resell sites like seat geek.

Hi Ochocincos, thanks so much for the quick repsonse. Appreciate it.

Does the time of the season have much of an impact, obviously September is the start of the new season, is there more demand then than say November? (I fancy a trip back in Nov and a week in Ohio/ NorthEast anyway!)

Judging this by our own UK football standards, Im a Birmingham City fan and we generally sell out our furst few games, then once the apathy and acceptance that we are awful sets in tickets are more easy to come by!

Thanks
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2021, 06:48 PM)bengalbrit Wrote: Hi Ochocincos, thanks so much for the quick repsonse. Appreciate it.

Does the time of the season have much of an impact, obviously September is the start of the new season, is there more demand then than say November? (I fancy a trip back in Nov and a week in Ohio/ NorthEast anyway!)

Judging this by our own UK football standards, Im a Birmingham City fan and we generally sell out our furst few games, then once the apathy and acceptance that we are awful sets in tickets are more easy to come by!

Thanks

There are others better equipped to answer that, as I don't go to many games. I've just looked up tickets from time to time throughout the year in the past and found plenty available.

I've gone to a few games around the Week 16-17 and had no issues getting them directly from the site, but that was also when the team wasn't making the playoffs. They were already out of contention by that point.

Hopefully for the weeks you're looking for, the Bengals aren't playing the Steelers or Browns. Those games fill up in part because there are a lot of Browns and Steeler fans that are local or travel the short distance. It's actually quite sickening to see all those damn pee-stained yellow towels in PBS when the Steelers play in Cincy.

I'd say most people try to go when it's warmer and also when there's still hope of winning. The colder it gets and less likely they have a chance to make the playoffs, it seems the less the stadium fills up.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2021, 07:01 PM)ochocincos Wrote: There are others better equipped to answer that, as I don't go to many games. I've just looked up tickets from time to time throughout the year in the past and found plenty available.

I've gone to a few games around the Week 16-17 and had no issues getting them directly from the site, but that was also when the team wasn't making the playoffs. They were already out of contention by that point.

Hopefully for the weeks you're looking for, the Bengals aren't playing the Steelers or Browns. Those games fill up in part because there are a lot of Browns and Steeler fans that are local or travel the short distance. It's actually quite sickening to see all those damn pee-stained yellow towels in PBS when the Steelers play in Cincy.

I'd say most people try to go when it's warmer and also when there's still hope of winning. The colder it gets and less likely they have a chance to make the playoffs, it seems the less the stadium fills up.

Pee Stained yellow towels! Love it  Wink Wink Wink

Thanks for your help!
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2021, 06:47 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: Add me to the “wanna see some more Evans” list.  I’d like to see how he runs between the tackles a bit at this level.   If he breaks one though, it’s easy to foresee some of the reactionary posts after the game lol.  I admittedly had forgotten about Evans until the Senior Bowl , and even then didn’t look too closely.   Major props to the org for their diligence in drafting him.  One of many impressive moves.  I love the potential of him.

Easy to forget the forgotten year of 2020 where lots of good players were forgotten who were good to great the year before.

Evans has that explosiveness we just don't have in Perine and as a Receiving Back out of the backfield could be very special.

What is the nicest part of Evans is he is a very willing blocker and was very good at it at Michigan. Have to do this in da pros.
Reply/Quote
If Mixon cant go we are in trouble. I do not understand the hate Mixon gets at times. His running style may not be exciting like Reggie Bush but hes a great RB. He literally never losses yards on any rush and hes amazing at creating a lane from NOTHING. If we had ANY OTHER running back except maybe Derrick Henry, Burrow would have to throw 50 times a game just for us to win.

Perine is not inept at the position but he isnt that good either. If Mixon is out then I predict a loss, in all honesty. Hes been really crucial for us
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2021, 06:40 PM)bengalbrit Wrote: Evening everyone. First post and im so sorry that ive had to hijack this one but i cant seem to find the option to start a new thread!

Thanks

(10-08-2021, 06:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's pretty easy to get tickets.

Or from any number of people selling them downtown. If you get there at the last minute, they're usually looking to unload them at a discount.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote