Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Ogbuehi and Fisher Miss Week One
(08-22-2016, 02:44 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Let's plug Margus Hunt in at RT.
He doesn't seem to move, very much.
Ninja

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

He has the making of a TE
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 02:49 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: He has the making of a TE
I actually believe that is possible and mentioned it, in another thread.
(physically speaking, without knowledge of any real blocking or catching skills)

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 02:56 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I actually believe that is possible and mentioned it, in another thread.
(physically speaking, without knowledge of any real blocking or catching skills)

I think with his track background.. he might be able to catch a ball..  
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2016, 10:51 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Eh, you lose your starting tackle and the guy that backs him up, the 3rd guy is bound to be meh. Just the way the cookies crumbled so far. I wouldn't worry too much about it until week 1 is actually happening.

There will be a lot of LOOK OUT! blocks coming from the right tackle lane this season if these injuries don't stop pretty soon.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 04:54 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I think with his track background.. he might be able to catch a ball..  

Not saying he could not make move. Have no idea actually, yet he does have the frame for it.

But would not think shot put and discus throwing experience in track and field would help him catch anything. 

Again though, not saying he can not do it. Just do not see this as evidence that he can. 

He certainly has the body of a TE though. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2016, 10:51 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Eh, you lose your starting tackle and the guy that backs him up, the 3rd guy is bound to be meh. Just the way the cookies crumbled so far. I wouldn't worry too much about it until week 1 is actually happening.

Agree and although not a Winston fan at this stage of his career, but he is a perfect #3.

Has experience to help mentor youngsters. Probably can muster up the energy to fill in for a game here and there without hurting too much. Mostly with his experience and knowledge.

But cringe at the thought of him being relied on week in and week out.  Like you said though, not sweating it yet and expect at least one back shortly per being young enough to heal faster than us old timers. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2016, 12:12 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'd prefer someone else at tackle. Boling is the second best player on the OL and an elite pulling guard. He loses that and they get weaker at two spots rather than one if they move him to tackle.

(08-22-2016, 12:16 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Eric Winston is our best option

I agree with both of these posts.
Reply/Quote
Without question, Winston in at RT. It keeps the remaining guys at their normal spots and you can always put a TE or RB over there to help.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2016, 06:16 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Without question, Winston in at RT. It keeps the remaining guys at their normal spots and you can always put a TE or RB over there to help.
This....
Hewitt can be utilized, until premium options become available.

Reply/Quote
I'm having trouble understanding why the OP doesn't see that both of those guys are merely "dinged up", and will clearly be back in action by opening day.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2016, 07:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm having trouble understanding why the OP doesn't see that both of those guys are merely "dinged up", and will clearly be back in action by opening day.

You would certainly hope that is the case, but I would hardly call it definite.  Ced has problems with his foot and Fisher has a sprained ankle.  Ankles and feet are pretty important for 300 pound guys.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2016, 10:44 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: What is our best starting OL combo? Because if it includes Winston I disagree. Dude couldnt handle some backup Detroit DE.

We should be preparing now. Give Westerman LG reps and kick Boling out to RT.

Winston playing any snaps is bad news for our season. We are lucky Dalton has a light speed delivery. Winston may be able to pass protect for 1 second. Asking anything more from him and we are risking our QBs.

It is a good question to ask but you don't weaken one area to try and strengthen another, and potentially not do as well in both areas.  The answer lies with the tight ends and backs.  They will be called on to help chip on Winston's side.  It is a short-term fix, but will work just fine for a couple weeks.  Andy gets the ball out fast and teams will have to respect the over-the-top speed of Green and maybe Core.  I bet we see a lot of 2 TE sets with one staying in to block and only two WRs...Boyd and Green.  That way, Lafell has another couple weeks to get in sync with Dalton.  
Reply/Quote