Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If One Siamese Twin Commits A Crime?
Say you have siamese twins and one murders someone or commits some other crime, how do you punish one without punishing the other?

Put them in jail, but then one of them is being unlawfully detained, so what do they do?

Hmm
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2022, 03:11 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Say you have siamese twins and one murders someone or commits some other crime, how do you punish one without punishing the other?

Put them in jail, but then one of them is being unlawfully detained, so what do they do?

Hmm

There are a couple of historical examples of this. AFAIK, punishment is escaped. Condemning an innocent man simply to punish another has been frowned on, historically. The cases are all older, though, so not sure how this would work today. 
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2022, 03:19 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: There are a couple of historical examples of this. AFAIK, punishment is escaped. Condemning an innocent man simply to punish another has been frowned on, historically. The cases are all older, though, so not sure how this would work today. 

So then they know one can just commit a crime without fear of being punished? 

So it's ok for one to murder someone? What if one murders another person after they're caught the first time and don't get punished?
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2022, 03:43 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: So then they know one can just commit a crime without fear of being punished? 

So it's ok for one to murder someone? What if one murders another person after they're caught the first time and don't get punished?

I truly don't know. There isn't recent precedence, but funnily enough, we do have some violence precedence from the twins that gave us the term "Siamese Twins". Chang and Eng Bunker. One of the twins was a drinker and would get violent. He punched a man, but they escaped punishment because the judge ruled he couldn't punish the innocent twin. 

There was a case where a man was murdered. This was the case of Lazarus and Joannes Baptista Colloredo. One of the twins murdered a man, and was sentenced to death, but his punishment was repealed whenever it was pointed out that the death sentence would also kill his innocent brother. They were let go. 

Here is an article discussing it. https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2010/01/a-siamese-twin-commits-murder-the-explainer-s-2009-question-of-the-year.html
Reply/Quote
Charge him as an accessory.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2022, 04:20 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Charge him as an accessory.

The gist is the other was not a willing participant, thetefore not an accessory. TBH, I’m not sure how the neurology of Siamese twins works ehen it comes to physical action. Is one dominant? How do you take over when the other has the con, so to speak?
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2022, 12:26 AM)SladeX Wrote: The gist is the other was not a willing participant, thetefore not an accessory. TBH, I’m not sure how the neurology of Siamese twins works ehen it comes to physical action. Is one dominant? How do you take over when the other has the con, so to speak?

If he kept his eyes open he was acting as a lookout which is aiding and abetting. And I was joking which obviously didn’t come through when you read my comment. Need to work on my delivery.
Reply/Quote
If a football team signed one siamese twin to play DT then they could get an extra man on the field.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2022, 04:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If a football team signed one siamese twin to play DT then they could get an extra man on the field.

Only if they're not brother and sister.. Imagine if the entire team is made of siamese twins, all brother and sister..and they all had sex changes!  oops..Gender reassignment surgery... Sex change is so outdated terminology.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Real nightmare is when your siamese twin is gay and you are not Big Grin

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
I figured it out.. Brad is the evil Siamese twin of the two just looking for a legal excuse for mass murder.. The other twin is tired of having to run along side of the damned wheelchair with one leg and who could blame him or her? 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 10:50 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Real nightmare is when your siamese twin is gay and you are not Big Grin

I dunno..seems like a perfectly good reason to become gay.. Save money on dates and such.. 

Reply/Quote