Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Pauly G is our HC in waiting.........
and the dismal season continues, why not graciously let ML go (one can dream) and lets see if Pauly G can handle the HC responsibilities. It would be almost like taking a test drive in that car you want but your not 100% certain.

I understand a 6 game trial run isn't fair but quickly we would find out what kind of man Pauly G is as a HC and if the team responds to him.

***DISCLAIMER***
I dont want Pauly G as our next HC as I think a full house cleaning is what this organization needs but if this is Mike Brown's plan why not give this a try
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Wouldn't that be kind of setting a coach up to fail with this offensive line?

I think if Marvin goes that Haslett is the move.
Reply/Quote
A good OL coach can make most any OCs job a heck of a lot easier. Yes, I know the OP was about the HC position. But, as long as Mike Brown okayed the dismissal of one Offensive Coach that had been with the team for a long while, why not press our luck and hope to see Alexander get his pink slip?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 07:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: A good OL coach can make most any OCs job a heck of a lot easier.  Yes, I know the OP was about the HC position.  But, as long as Mike Brown okayed the dismissal of one Offensive Coach that had been with the team for a long while, why not press our luck and hope to see Alexander get his pink slip?

Whoa Nellie, Mikey is already PAYING one coach to not COACH.  A second one might be more than his ticker could handle.
Reply/Quote
Why is Darrin Simmons never mentioned for the HC position???

Besides kickers, Simmons has put together a fantastic special teams unit year in and year out. I feel he has the personality to make a good head coach.

Why is Simmons not an option?
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 07:42 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Why is Darrin Simmons never mentioned for the HC position???

Besides kickers, Simmons has put together a fantastic special teams unit year in and year out. I feel he has the personality to make a good head coach.

Very good point. Not probably, but good!

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 07:42 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Why is Darrin Simmons never mentioned for the HC position???

Read the threads around here.  Plenty of folks mention Simmons as the next up, from in-house.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 08:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Read the threads around here.  Plenty of folks mention Simmons as the next up, from in-house.

Those folks are wise.
Reply/Quote
DC Paulie G is my main mofo on this staff. If he got promoted to HC Paulie G he'd shine like a Guido using extra bronzer down at the shore. #fistpump4paulie
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 07:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: A good OL coach can make most any OCs job a heck of a lot easier.  Yes, I know the OP was about the HC position.  But, as long as Mike Brown okayed the dismissal of one Offensive Coach that had been with the team for a long while, why not press our luck and hope to see Alexander get his pink slip?

I actually would have liked to see Alexander get fired before Zamp, but oh well. Its better than no action i guess.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2017, 12:03 AM)TKUHL Wrote: I actually would have liked to see Alexander get fired before Zamp, but oh well. Its better than no action i guess.

Agree, except wanted both gone. 

How Alexander is slivering out of this is remarkable. The Oline is clearly the problem and hopefully he is next. 

Yet doubt it. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

He was the coach when Marv left for his medical leave

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
I honestly think Darrin Simmons would be the best in house option although like I said earlier our house needs a full clean out.

D Simmons appears to be the no nonsense in your face type coach, time will tell I guess...
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2017, 12:55 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree, except wanted both gone. 

How Alexander is slivering out of this is remarkable. The Oline is clearly the problem and hopefully he is next. 

Yet doubt it. 

We can only speculate that it's Alexander that has all of the input, as it applies to what type and skill sets are targeted, when it comes to OL personnel selection.  Rather than opting for brutes along the interior, he seems to always go for the more dynamic, versatile players.  He is hung up on teaching the zone blocking scheme, and it clearly isn't panning out.

Sure, we can point to Ogbuehi and Fisher being developmental Tackles, but when your G, C, G interior wall gets shoved backward like a cardboard cutout, you've got bigger issues than inexperience at Tackle.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't be real opposed to PG & ML swapping places, but I guess that would be just a tad too much wishful thinking.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote