Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Reds Play or Not
(06-16-2020, 11:44 PM)jason Wrote: Haha... That's what LSD is for. Sports have always been reality, and I'm not sure I understand how labor negotiations are "political". Would you like to get screwed over in pay working under abnormal/ potentially dangerous working conditions? Probably not. Things are screwy right now. It's not political unless you take it there. MLB, the player's union, or Rob Manfred don't give a damn who the president is, or will be. It's about the bottom line... Money. Always has been.

I’ll pass on the LSD. Sports is about relaxing to me. You leave the stress of real life somewhere else, you clear your mind and have fun. I wasn’t saying that labor negotiations were political. I’m saying that between bickering over money and players that will bring politics in with kneeling, it takes away the escape part.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2020, 05:48 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I’ll pass on the LSD. Sports is about relaxing to me. You leave the stress of real life somewhere else, you clear your mind and have fun. I wasn’t saying that labor negotiations were political. I’m saying that between bickering over money and players that will bring politics in with kneeling, it takes away the escape part.

Wise choice on the LSD. That stuffs for kids.

To the rest; I get that. Quite frankly I'm sick of the constant politicization of literally EVERYTHING these days. I'm starting to get the impression that MLB really doesn't even wanna play this season. I've read that several (unnamed of course) owners are against the idea.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Yep, the owners don’t have anything to gain from playing the season now. They’re not gonna rake in concession/ticket money and the TV deals probably aren’t as sweet as the NFL’s. Plus there’s probably liability issues that they’re worried about. They’re kinda in a no win situation as the popularity of baseball with today’s youth is at an all time low. There’s greed from both sides, in my opinion. This is probably peanuts compared to next years negotiations. They’re not even negotiating in the same room, how serious could they have been?
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2020, 05:48 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I’ll pass on the LSD. Sports is about relaxing to me. You leave the stress of real life somewhere else, you clear your mind and have fun. I wasn’t saying that labor negotiations were political. I’m saying that between bickering over money and players that will bring politics in with kneeling, it takes away the escape part.

(06-19-2020, 06:17 PM)jason Wrote: Wise choice on the LSD. That stuffs for kids.

To the rest; I get that. Quite frankly I'm sick of the constant politicization of literally EVERYTHING these days. I'm starting to get the impression that MLB really doesn't even wanna play this season. I've read that several (unnamed of course) owners are against the idea.

Fully agree about the politicization of everything, it's nauseating beyond belief ! I barely watch the news because I'm so very sick and tired of it all. 

As far as baseball goes I can see where this could end up becoming the beginning of the end. The under 40 crowd just don't care about baseball and the further back you go the worse it gets. Kids nowdays just ain't into it, at all.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2020, 08:42 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Fully agree about the politicization of everything, it's nauseating beyond belief ! I barely watch the news because I'm so very sick and tired of it all. 

As far as baseball goes I can see where this could end up becoming the beginning of the end. The under 40 crowd just don't care about baseball and the further back you go the worse it gets. Kids nowdays just ain't into it, at all.

Looking deeper into it, it’s kind of a reflection of today’s society. NFL games were more about hanging with buds and tailgating and boozing it a bit. MLB was more about family and doing the father/son thing. Families don’t do as much together as they did in the past. It kills a kid to spend time away from the tv and video games. The buds are still gonna party at a football game but with divorce rates and video game/cell phone addictions, family events just aren’t as popular as in the past.
Reply/Quote