Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Russell Wilson gets cut i guarantee his ass goes right to Pitt or Cle.
AFCN is already insane and the Browns and Steelers are eventually gonna find a good QB

Keeping up with the division is looking like it’s gonna be hard
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Eh. Let Russ cook…French fry sandwiches or whatever in Pitt. He’s not dangeruss anymore.
Reply/Quote
Browns are stuck with Watson. Pittsburgh is a maybe, as they got to know Pickett ain't it. I don't believe Wilson is completely washed. Not what he once was, but he went to a bad situation that just didn't fit. I do believe the stories of him being somewhat of a tool, though.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2023, 11:26 PM)Destro Wrote: I do believe the stories of him being somewhat of a tool, though.

Then there’s no better place for him.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2023, 11:26 PM)Destro Wrote: Browns are stuck with Watson. Pittsburgh is a maybe, as they got to know Pickett ain't it. I don't believe Wilson is completely washed. Not what he once was, but he went to a bad situation that just didn't fit. I do believe the stories of him being somewhat of a tool, though.

Browns got flacco now...  wonder if they have an out in that Watson contract

im more worried about where Bill B goes than russ
Reply/Quote
Oh no.... if only we had someone elite, like a Joe Burrow...... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2023, 08:47 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Browns got flacco now...  wonder if they have an out in that Watson contract

im more worried about where Bill B goes than  russ

I don't think the Browns have an out because of that guaranteed contract they gave him.  If the Browns released him next year they will be looking at 200 million in dead cap or 155 million if it was a post June 1 cut.  

https://overthecap.com/player/deshaun-watson/5596
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
I wonder which team has the biggest buyer's remorse:

ARZ: 5YR $230 MIL($160 Guaranteed)
CLV: 5YR $230 MIL (Fully Guaranteed)
DEN: 5YR $248 MIL ($161 Guaranteed)
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2023, 02:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I wonder which team has the biggest buyer's remorse:

lol  im sure those GMs will get new jobs too
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2023, 10:51 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I don't think the Browns have an out because of that guaranteed contract they gave him.  If the Browns released him next year they will be looking at 200 million in dead cap or 155 million if it was a post June 1 cut.  

Yep, that was dumb by the Browns and it will catch up with them in a bad way I bet. Flacco looks good for sure, but he isn't getting any 
younger and one bad hit could put him out of the game. I think it is now or never for the Browns. They have the Defense and they have a
QB playing well for once. But if they win this next game and we beat the Chiefs I expect them to rest a ton of their starters and we beat 
them going into the Playoffs.

To the OP, I could see Russ going to the stealers, but not the Browns.
Reply/Quote
Relax he is going to Atlanta. You honestly think he will choose a division with Burrow, Jackson, and Watson over the NFC south?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2023, 03:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yep, that was dumb by the Browns and it will catch up with them in a bad way I bet. Flacco looks good for sure, but he isn't getting any 
younger and one bad hit could put him out of the game. I think it is now or never for the Browns. They have the Defense and they have a
QB playing well for once. But if they win this next game and we beat the Chiefs I expect them to rest a ton of their starters and we beat 

To the OP, I could see Russ going to the stealers, but not the Browns.

Seeing a packed crowd of Browns fans chanting for Flacco while celebrating an 11th win ...ship that in an envelope back to 2015 or so and watch heads spin.

Wilson to the falcons makes sense on topic. 
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2023, 03:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: ...But if they win this next game and we beat the Chiefs I expect them to rest a ton of their starters and we beat 

If Baltimore loses to Miami Sunday we will see Cleveland at full strength giving us everything they got because Cleveland will be playing for the potential #1 seed in the AFC when they play us.  

Cleveland would also need Baltimore to lose their last game against Pittsburgh and Miami will need to lose their last game against Buffalo for Cleveland to get the #1 seed but Cleveland will not know what those outcomes are going to be so they will have to play all their starters.  If you want any chance at Cleveland resting their starters against us, Baltimore has to beat Miami.  If Miami wins Sunday, its going to be a 3 team battle for the #1 seed in the AFC the final week of the season and Cleveland will come out full force against us.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2023, 02:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I wonder which team has the biggest buyer's remorse:

CIN 5YR 270MIL ( 219 GUARANTEED)
When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Steelers don't need Russell Wilson to beat the Bengals. All they need is a 3rd string.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2023, 10:51 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I don't think the Browns have an out because of that guaranteed contract they gave him.  If the Browns released him next year they will be looking at 200 million in dead cap or 155 million if it was a post June 1 cut.  

Good for us b/c Flacco is killing it! 
Reply/Quote

(12-29-2023, 07:42 PM)Vambo Wrote: CIN 5YR 270MIL ( 219 GUARANTEED)

All of those guaranteed numbers besides Cleveland's are the inflated show number rather than the real number.

Arizona: $103.3m
Denver: $124m
Cincinnati: $146.5m

Those are the real guaranteed numbers that were guaranteed the second they signed the contracts and are guaranteed no matter what. It's why Denver has the whole Wilson situation going on now, injury guarantees is not a real guarantee because he won't be seeing that money despite them moving on from him next offseason.

It's why Watson's fully guaranteed was so insane. It was more than double the 2nd highest amount that was guaranteed at signing at the time (Rodgers at $101.5m with the Packers).

- - - - - - - - - -

Personally I don't think I would ever touch Wilson now if I were an NFL team. Two teams in a row now where he doesn't connect with teammates and exits real messily with a giant concentrated PR campaign...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-casts-doubt-on-russell-wilsons-side-of-the-story-with-broncos/ar-AA1mhzw0

...just doesn't seem worth it to poison your lockerroom with "Team 3" and Wilson's nonsense.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2023, 10:56 PM)Housh Wrote: AFCN is already insane and the Browns and Steelers are eventually gonna find a good QB

Keeping up with the division is looking like it’s gonna be hard

Browns? They’d have more QB payroll than every team in the NFL by a long shot
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 04:19 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: All of those guaranteed numbers besides Cleveland's are the inflated show number rather than the real number.

Arizona: $103.3m
Denver: $124m
Cincinnati: $146.5m

Those are the real guaranteed numbers that were guaranteed the second they signed the contracts and are guaranteed no matter what. It's why Denver has the whole Wilson situation going on now, injury guarantees is not a real guarantee because he won't be seeing that money despite them moving on from him next offseason.

It's why Watson's fully guaranteed was so insane. It was more than double the 2nd highest amount that was guaranteed at signing at the time (Rodgers at $101.5m with the Packers).

- - - - - - - - - -

Personally I don't think I would ever touch Wilson now if I were an NFL team. Two teams in a row now where he doesn't connect with teammates and exits real messily with a giant concentrated PR campaign...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-casts-doubt-on-russell-wilsons-side-of-the-story-with-broncos/ar-AA1mhzw0

...just doesn't seem worth it to poison your lockerroom with "Team 3" and Wilson's nonsense.

Agree

And not only that he'll be pushing 36 next year and he's been regressing, basically speaking, three years in a row now stats/effectiveness wise. IF he gets a new contract next year I'd venture to say it will be as a backup with a tiny sliver of hope he can achieve past glory.
Reply/Quote
Russ is the most overrated quarterback of my lifetime (Rodgers a close 2nd). No smart organisation would touch the guy.
Reply/Quote