Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Suggs demolished our O-Line imagine what Watt & Clowney will do
I honestly expect another ugly loss, if a 35 year old man can demolish our offensive line imagine what Watt and Clowney are gonna do.....
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Typically the Bengals look terrible one game, then they'll win just to give us enough hope that they can turn around the season...then start to play bad again.

But yeah...the Texans have a better pass rush than the Ravens by a lot. So theoretically it should be bad.
Reply/Quote
I really think the O-Line would improve if we implemented these players against the Texans :

[Image: electricfootball2_6.jpg?itok=vHrH9SIM]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 09:26 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Typically the Bengals look terrible one game, then they'll win just to give us enough hope that they can turn around the season...then start to play bad again.

But yeah...the Texans have a better pass rush than the Ravens by a lot. So theoretically it should be bad.

Well if Jags got 10 sacks against the Texans, we should get 15 based on yesterday as our DL is much better, by a lot than the Jags front 4.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
As I said in the prediction thread.....they've already entered AD into the concussion protocol....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Let me leave this here:

- - - - - - - - - - - -
[Image: giphy.gif]
Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
LOL

Trying to reduce Suggs down to simply a "35 year old man" isn't necessary to make the Bengals looks worse.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 11:03 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: LOL

Trying to reduce Suggs down to simply a "35 year old man" isn't necessary to make the Bengals looks worse.

He's still a solid player.....but he's a far cry from what he was.  I don't think he's as good as Og made him look, let's put it that way.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 03:19 AM)Trademark Wrote: I honestly expect another ugly loss, if a 35 year old man can demolish our offensive line imagine what Watt and Clowney are gonna do.....

The question is what will Marvin Lewis do ?   Probably stand on the sidelines like a wooden Indian like yesterday.  Marvin could have made game adjustments to Suggs.  Marvin will have his pregame plan, but if game adjustments are needed against Houston, Marvin is not known for game adjustments.  He will stand there and watch. He might as well go into the seats and have a hot dog for all the help he will be if game coaching needed. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 11:07 AM)Wyche Wrote: He's still a solid player.....but he's a far cry from what he was.  I don't think he's as good as Og made him look, let's put it that way.

Suggs will make it into the HoF and even a 35 year old Suggs is one of the better pass rushers in the league.

Imo calling him solid after what he did to us yesterday isn't giving the Ravens enough credit.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 11:11 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Suggs will make it into the HoF and even a 35 year old Suggs is one of the better pass rushers in the league.

Imo calling him solid after what he did to us yesterday isn't giving the Ravens enough credit.

Suggs is not one of the better pass rushers in the league at this point. He still gets the job done, but at 35 he def has slowed down a bit. He was ranked 40/100 for edge rushers last year. So he is still more than effective, but what he did yesterday would be all time great over the course of a season, which isn't likely to happen.

JJ WAtt, is 5x the player st this point in their careers.

Ced O is a bum. Suggs is still above average, he just looked like all world yesterday. When a true all world plays (watt) it could get ugly. Bengals better be prepared to run the ball 60 times, like the ravens did yesterday.

Mistake free grind it out football is the best chance the bengals have of winnning this year.
Reply/Quote
They didn't get any sacks against a ROOKIE tackle who was drafted 34th overall. As almost everyone was saying this draft wasnt good to take any lineman from, then that means that this ROOKIE tackle from Alabama wasn't good enough to replace CedO. Which means CedO should be able to shut them two down, and give up zero sacks as well.

edit:  Sarcasm
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
And we play little Watt twice a year.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 11:25 AM)Millhouse Wrote: They didn't get any sacks against a ROOKIE tackle who was drafted 34th overall. As almost everyone was saying this draft wasnt good to take any lineman from, then that means that this ROOKIE tackle from Alabama wasn't good enough to replace CedO. Which means CedO should be able to shut them two down, and give up zero sacks as well.

I'll take the over. Unfortunately.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 11:29 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: I'll take the over. Unfortunately.

Oh me too as well. I was just taking a fun jab at the draft talking heads around here.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 11:11 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Suggs will make it into the HoF and even a 35 year old Suggs is one of the better pass rushers in the league.

Doubtful.

1 DPOY, 1 1st Team All-Pro, 1 2nd Team All-Pro, 6 Pro Bowls... that's probably not enough hardware to get in on it's own. He has good career sack totals, but not as much as some other players he played at the same time as (Julius Peppers, DeMarcus Ware, Jared Allen, Robert Mathis, Dwight Freeney) so I just don't see it happening.

In comparison:
Julius Peppers has 3 1st Team All-Pro, 3 2nd Team All-Pro, 9 Pro Bowls, and has 27.5 more sacks/19 more FF.
DeMarcus Ware has 4 1st Team All-Pro, 3 2nd Team All-Pro, 9 Pro Bowls, and has 22.0 more sacks/4 more FF.
Jared Allen has 4 1st Team All-Pro, 5 Pro Bowls, and has 19.0 more sacks/0 more FF.

If you can't be the best while you played, how can you be a HoFer?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
On the bright side... Houston gave up a shit ton of sacks yesterday too. Unfortunately they are probably gonna start a rookie QB who will destroy the Bengals.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 12:02 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Doubtful.

1 DPOY, 1 1st Team All-Pro, 1 2nd Team All-Pro, 6 Pro Bowls... that's probably not enough hardware to get in on it's own. He has good career sack totals, but not as much as some other players he played at the same time as (Julius Peppers, DeMarcus Ware, Jared Allen, Robert Mathis, Dwight Freeney) so I just don't see it happening.

In comparison:
Julius Peppers has 3 1st Team All-Pro, 3 2nd Team All-Pro, 9 Pro Bowls, and has 27.5 more sacks/19 more FF.
DeMarcus Ware has 4 1st Team All-Pro, 3 2nd Team All-Pro, 9 Pro Bowls, and has 22.0 more sacks/4 more FF.
Jared Allen has 4 1st Team All-Pro, 5 Pro Bowls, and has 19.0 more sacks/0 more FF.

If you can't be the best while you played, how can you be a HoFer?

Right because the HoF is strictly based upon merit and statistics.
Reply/Quote

Fair opinion, and I'm not trying to diminish anything the man has done in the past.  However, he's been injured, he's 35, he's just not the force he once was.  I'll have to respectfully disagree, unless I see him tear up the rest of the league.

Reply/Quote
Doesn't matter what Jacksonville did.. The Bengals will struggle to get pressure on *insert team* .. they will get burnt right over the middle by *insert TE or Running back of any team*
Reply/Quote