Poll: If The Bengals Only Re-Signed One Player, Who Would You Pick?
Burfict
Eifert
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If The Bengals Only Re-Signed One Player, Who Would You Pick?
Both Eifert and Burfict are in their contract year. Would be fantastic to see them both re-signed and staying in stripes. But if the Bengals only kept one player who would you choose?

For me its a no brainer, I want Burfict saying in stripes throughout his career. In my opinion he's the best player to play for us in the Lewis era. His presence makes the defense completely different animal. Im not diminishing how good of a player Eifert is, but if we lose Burfict it would be a huge loss.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2017, 08:50 PM)GodFather Wrote: Both Eifert and Burfict are in their contract year. Would be fantastic to see them both re-signed and staying in stripes. But if the Bengals only kept one player who would you choose?

For me its a no brainer, I want Burfict saying in stripes throughout his career. In my opinion he's the best player to play for us in the Lewis era. His presence makes the defense completely different animal. Im not diminishing how good of a player Eifert is, but if we lose Burfict it would be a huge loss.

Agree,

They both have had some injury concerns but I have less faith in Eifert's ability to have a long NFL career.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not even a question.

The NFL seems to have it out for Burfict, but he's All-Pro talent and Eifert can't stay healthy.

Don't get me wrong because Eifert's good, but he doesn't do any good from sidelines while he's injured.
Reply/Quote
Burfict being out on D has the same effect that Dalton being out on offense has. Sure the replacement may play fairly well, and the team may win, but the whole operation runs smoother with the guy who lines everyone up in there
Reply/Quote
Burfict is a need, Eifert is a luxury. Would like to see how the young guys and Minter do though.
Reply/Quote
Burfict but we need them both
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2017, 09:12 PM)Brimey Wrote: Burfict being out on D has the same effect that Dalton being out on offense has. Sure the replacement may play fairly well, and the team may win, but the whole operation runs smoother with the guy who lines everyone up in  there

Exactly. Burfict is the leader of the defense. Much more important than a injury prone TE. 

Reply/Quote
The difference!

Burfict:
[Image: 1307032252_atomic_bomb_mushroom_cloud_explosion.gif]

Eifert:
[Image: 1238064149_bubble.gif]

Reply/Quote
I'm going with Burfict because our defense is worse without Burfict than our offense is without Eifert.
Reply/Quote
Not surprised to see the results. Eifert is a nice piece, and a good red zone threat that has had a lot of injuries. There is depth at the TE position.

Burfict is the heart and soul of the defense, and might be the best LB (not rush end) in the NFL.

Not even close.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2017, 09:51 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: The difference!

Burfict:
[Image: 1307032252_atomic_bomb_mushroom_cloud_explosion.gif]

Eifert:
[Image: 1238064149_bubble.gif]

This is outstanding.  I'm LMAO....Not very fair, but hilarious nonetheless...
Reply/Quote
Burfict! Besides, I ain't ever heard of any college programs being nick-named Tight End Univ.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2017, 09:17 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Burfict!  Besides, I ain't ever heard of any college programs being nick-named Tight End Univ.

Miami (FL) Hurricanes.
Graham, Olsen, Shockey, Winslow Jr.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/the-real-tight-end-u-georgia-iowa-miami-notre-dame-or-tennessee/

Also known as LB U too. Penn State lost their spot.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/think-you-can-figure-out-which-school-is-the-real-linebacker-u/
Reply/Quote
It would have to be Burfict. Our defense looks so different when he's in there.

It's crazy because LBs are usually a dime a dozen and you can find starters all over the place. It's hard to find a quality TE. Eifert is definitely quality, but he's hurt a lot.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Sign Burfict up long term. Make him the highest paid 4-3 LB if we have to. Franchise Eifert
Reply/Quote
With all this piling on, I worry Eifert may stumble on this thread and injure himself.

Seriously though, Eifert's impact was seen in 2015 and it was amazing. Unfortunately, we haven't seen enough of that.

Burfict has a similar impact on the defense, and even though he's missed lots of time himself, he just isn't quite as injury prone it seems.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Burfict isn't Mr. Reliable either. It seems he injures himself every game. I know it's usually nothing major but with his style of play he won't last long. Then add in the fact that most players think he's dirty, so he will get his share of dirty hits too, along with the leagues woody to penalize him. Both options are long term risk.
Reply/Quote
I remember when everyone said JJo was made of glass, while Leon was practically an iron man.

Then we commit to Leon and they reversed those roles.

Basically what I'm saying is that you never know if a player is really injury prone or if he just had a string of bad luck. Especially with a guy like Eifert who has only played 4 years.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2017, 09:58 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I remember when everyone said JJo was made of glass, while Leon was practically an iron man.

Then we commit to Leon and they reversed those roles.

Basically what I'm saying is that you never know if a player is really injury prone or if he just had a string of bad luck. Especially with a guy like Eifert who has only played 4 years.

You can't argue the precedence is there.

Reply/Quote
(07-31-2017, 10:00 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: You can't argue the precedence is there.

Well of course, and I did vote Burfict. I'm just saying I'm not writing off Eifert's career yet.

Committing big money would certainly be a huge gamble, and not a smart one.
Reply/Quote