Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
If Trump loses...potential "purge"?
If Trump loses the election he could have his followers commit as many criminal acts as they want with his promise to pardon them.

How far do you think he could go?
Reply/Quote
I don't think that would happen. What may happen if Trump was to lose re-election is that he may pardon all his allies including his own family and even himself, but that would only extend to federal charges/crimes. Trump would face state and local charges in New York the second he is no longer President and he cannot be pardoned from those. I'm not joking when I say Trump may leave the country to avoid answering for those state crimes and seek "asylum" outside the U.S. . Nothing Trump would or will do surprises me at this point.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If Trump loses, he'll go on a diplomatic mission to Russia and yield the presidency to Pence from the comfort of his new home in Siberia.
Reply/Quote
No, but I am sure he has a few pardons for buddies that he is willing to give out.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/20/opinions/truth-justice-reconciliation-commission-khazei-brooks/index.html

What could possibly go wrong?
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 06:33 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: If Trump loses, he'll go on a diplomatic mission to Russia and yield the presidency to Pence from the comfort of his new home in Siberia.

RUSSIA!!!!!!!   RUSSIA!!!!!     RUSSIA!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 05:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If Trump loses the election he could have his followers commit as many criminal acts as they want with his promise to pardon them.

I mean not really, they could only commit federal crimes. Anything that reached into the state-level would still be on the table, as Trump and his close circle are well aware of.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 11:19 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/20/opinions/truth-justice-reconciliation-commission-khazei-brooks/index.html

What could possibly go wrong?

I don't understand your question.

Maybe you posted the wrong link?
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 05:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If Trump loses the election he could have his followers commit as many criminal acts as they want with his promise to pardon them.

He could go as far as he wants to go. In reality, he's not going to do this. There's literally NOTHING to suggest this as a possibility other than your irrational hatred of Donald Trump.

This question is as stupid as asking "if Biden wins, he could have his followers go out and destroy all the cities in America with his promise to pardon them. How far do you think he could go?" 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 12:17 PM)PhilHos Wrote: He could go as far as he wants to go. In reality, he's not going to do this. There's literally NOTHING to suggest this as a possibility other than your irrational hatred of Donald Trump.

There are things that absolutely could suggest this. Starting from Trump's repeated comments that if he loses, the election has to be rigged. There is a non zero chance that if indeed losing, he will keep using that line instead of conceding.
And if he does, that totally could incite a violent response from his more extreme supporters. Eg. those that indeed took "stand by" as an endorsement and made a logo out of it.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 11:50 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: RUSSIA!!!!!!!   RUSSIA!!!!!     RUSSIA!!!!!!

He has indicated himself multiple times that if he loses the election he may leave the country. If the purpose of leaving is to avoid criminal charges he would need to go somewhere without extradition to the US. Russia is one of those places.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 05:39 PM)treee Wrote: He has indicated himself multiple times that if he loses the election he may leave the country. If the purpose of leaving is to avoid criminal charges he would need to go somewhere without extradition to the US. Russia is one of those places.

Valid point, but I dunno. He owes a lot of money there. And hasn't had as much success there building his locations 
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 03:48 PM)hollodero Wrote: There are things that absolutely could suggest this. Starting from Trump's repeated comments that if he loses, the election has to be rigged. There is a non zero chance that if indeed losing, he will keep using that line instead of conceding.
And if he does, that totally could incite a violent response from his more extreme supporters. Eg. those that indeed took "stand by" as an endorsement and made a logo out of it.

Yeah, who else would say something like that....
- - - - - - - - - -

This Election....

10/11/2020
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/biden-the-only-way-i-ll-lose-is-through-chicanery-at-polling-places/ar-BB19USWV
Quote:Biden told supporters to "make sure to vote because the only way we lose this is by the chicanery going on relative to polling places."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/hillary-clinton-says-biden-should-not-concede-2020-election-under-n1238156

- - - - - -- - - - - - -
Last Election... 

10/24/2016
https://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/24/clinton-calls-trump-a-sore-loser.html

Quote:“To say you won’t respect the results of the election, that is a direct threat to our democracy,” Clinton told a rally at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte

Then

9/26/2019
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/hillary-clinton-trump-is-an-illegitimate-president/2019/09/26/29195d5a-e099-11e9-b199-f638bf2c340f_story.html

Quote:Hillary Clinton dismissed President Trump as an “illegitimate president” and suggested that “he knows” that he stole the 2016 presidential election in a CBS News interview to be aired Sunday.

Mellow 
[Image: Two-Headed-Coin-56a960875f9b58b7d0fade1a.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 01:21 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeah, who else would say something like that....
- - - - - - - - - -

This Election....

10/11/2020
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/biden-the-only-way-i-ll-lose-is-through-chicanery-at-polling-places/ar-BB19USWV

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/hillary-clinton-says-biden-should-not-concede-2020-election-under-n1238156

- - - - - -- - - - - - -
Last Election... 

10/24/2016
https://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/24/clinton-calls-trump-a-sore-loser.html

Then

9/26/2019
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/hillary-clinton-trump-is-an-illegitimate-president/2019/09/26/29195d5a-e099-11e9-b199-f638bf2c340f_story.html

I have zero problem to admit that Trump has no monopoly on saying the darndest things. Why would I, I am not a Democrat and not a fan of Democrats or Democratic candidates. They all can be shitty, though I would argue that Trump usually is it on a whole different scale.

As he's here. I find the Dem's comments lack quantity and quality when it comes to being as concerning as Trump's. Regarding Biden, he clarified his somewhat clumsy comment. Also, he made this clumsy comment once, while Trump makes his comments repeatedly and systematically. Regarding quality, Trump speaks of totally fictional plots and schemes for illegal ballots being cast in the millions by democrat deep state americahating globalist-whatevers. When Biden references that, he does have a point.

As for Hillary, yeah imho you had a devil vs. Beelzebub choice there, I'd still have gone with what I consider the lesser evil, but in no way do I intend to defend or whitewash the Email queen. Talking of an illegitimate presidency is not good. Doesn't make all the repeated Trump sayings  about wide-spread voter fraud by the millions any more acceptable though.

- Finally, who do you believe is more likely to tell his supporters to not accept the results and possibly take measures about that when losing. I think it's Trump.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 03:35 AM)hollodero Wrote: - Finally, who do you believe is more likely to tell his supporters to not accept the results and possibly take measures about that when losing. I think it's Trump.

Neither.

Because at the end of the day there's way more people who won't put up with that kind of shit than there are who will when it comes to actual actions and the losing party is much more willing to sit on the sidelines for 4-8 years before getting their chance to be in charge again before they TRULY make destructive waves and potentially capsize the exclusive cruise ship they've been sharing called the SS TwoPartySystem. 

They're happy with creating just enough outrage, chaos, and hatred between each other to keep people distracted and focused on choosing the lesser of two evils. Once they go too far to the point where they can't restrict a third or fourth party from becoming viable anymore, the good times would be over in a heartbeat for both of them, and they know that.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 03:59 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Because at the end of the day there's way more people who won't put up with that kind of shit than there are who will when it comes to actual actions and the losing party is much more willing to sit on the sidelines for 4-8 years before getting their chance to be in charge again before they TRULY make destructive waves and potentially capsize the exclusive cruise ship they've been sharing called the SS TwoPartySystem. 

They're happy with creating just enough outrage, chaos, and hatred between each other to keep people distracted and focused on choosing the lesser of two evils. Once they go too far to the point where they can't restrict a third or fourth party from becoming viable anymore, the good times would be over in a heartbeat for both of them, and they know that.

Sure, that makes sense. And I'd have said it makes even more sense would you have stated that 6 years ago.

But Trump... he is not beholden to that system, or to the GOP for that matter. You describe potential McConnell/Schumer thoughts, not necessarily Trump thoughts.
Case in point, 6 years ago most people, certainly me, would have thought it impossible that someone like Trump could win the presidency. Not the least for he overthrew many conventional wisdoms, most possibly including the one you allude to. The future of the GOP imho is nothing Trump loses any sleep over.

Aside from that, small matter of disagreement, I do not think the fear of a third or fourth party plays any role in all of that. The system is thoroughly rigged, on all possible levels, against any third party emerging. Just to underline that, if Trump could not trigger the forming of a viable third party already, who or what possibly could?
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 12:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't understand your question.

Maybe you posted the wrong link?

It's wasn't a question.  Look up what people are saying about it.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2020, 03:48 PM)hollodero Wrote: There are things that absolutely could suggest this. Starting from Trump's repeated comments that if he loses, the election has to be rigged. There is a non zero chance that if indeed losing, he will keep using that line instead of conceding.

People believing Trump's complaints of a rigged election and taking it upon themselves to be violent as a result is NOT the same thing as Trump telling people to go out and commit crimes because he'll pardon them. Again, Trump has done NOTHING to suggest that he'll tell people to commit crimes because he'll pardon them. Nothing. 
Reply/Quote
If Trump loses, I wouldn't be surprised to see a Nixon-esque resignation + pre-emptive pardon.

That way, Trump doesn't have to worry about the corrupt Democrats making up crimes that he committed while in office and hounding him until his death in 5 to 10 years.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2020, 09:53 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If Trump loses, I wouldn't be surprised to see a Nixon-esque resignation + pre-emptive pardon.

That way, Trump doesn't have to worry about the corrupt Democrats making up crimes that he committed while in office and hounding him until his death in 5 to 10 years.

You kidding? In 20 years, Trump's going to be interviewed by Al Roker asking what it's like to be 100 years old. Mellow
Reply/Quote