Bernie's for being too commie
0%
0 0%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Trumps wins, who to blame?
(09-18-2016, 12:01 PM)McC Wrote: i just can't agree with that.  I will agree that there might be a scant few who are in it for the right reasons.  What happens to those few?  One of two things.  They actually get into the  biz, (and yes, it is a biz) and are repulsed by it and run like hell or they are swallowed up by it.

They have created a system where money and special interests rule, a system that removes/insulates them from any real public scrutiny or accountability.  They operate unencumbered by what is best for the country.

Get rich in office, get rich later, because you were in office, same thing.  It's not just the money.  It's just as much about the power.   Altruism is really a very small part of the equation.  If they cared about the country, would both sides spend so much time shooting down the other side's agenda? 

They do care about some things--blocking the other side, staying in office, living the high life, keeping all their bad shit well hidden, partying like it's 1999.

I would definitely agree that the way things are has gotten out of hand. It's why I talk about publicly funded elections because that is the work around for these things, campaign funds. I do still think they believe they are doing the right thing, but of course whether or not it really is the right thing is debatable.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-18-2016, 03:12 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Generalizing that people who vote for him are pieces of S$^$. 

Hilldog is human garbage, but I'm not gonna say if she wins it's because all her supporters are human garbage. 

So, you're gonna vote for someone because you disagree with a statement that someone who opposes them said on a message board?  lol...Strong stance.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-18-2016, 03:12 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Generalizing that people who vote for him are pieces of S$^$. 

Hilldog is human garbage, but I'm not gonna say if she wins it's because all her supporters are human garbage. 

Could you expand on which voting bloc behind Clinton is "human garbage"?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-18-2016, 08:32 PM)GMDino Wrote: Could you expand on which voting bloc behind Clinton is "human garbage"?

There is no "voting block" supporting her that consists of 100% human garbage. She has individual supporters that are. Just like Trump does. I try not to generalize, because generalizations are dumb.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
(09-18-2016, 08:37 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: There is no "voting block" supporting her that consists of 100% human garbage. She has individual supporters that are. Just like Trump does. I try not to generalize, because generalizations are dumb.

The voting bloc I referenced has been talked about for years and years.  It is made up of individuals but they represent the same values.

But you are saying that everyone who supports Clinton is garbage.  Is that better than what Clinton said about Trump supporters?
(09-18-2016, 08:46 PM)GMDino Wrote: The voting bloc I referenced has been talked about for years and years.  It is made up of individuals but they represent the same values.

But you are saying that everyone who supports Clinton is garbage.  Is that better than what Clinton said about Trump supporters?

He's not. He said Clinton is human garbage, but he wouldn't call her supporters that. Read his post again.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-18-2016, 09:47 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: He's not. He said Clinton is human garbage, but he wouldn't call her supporters that. Read his post again.

No, he was clarifying that no one bloc of her supporters are but individual supporters are:

Quote:There is no "voting block" supporting her that consists of 100% human garbage. She has individual supporters that are. 
(09-18-2016, 09:55 PM)GMDino Wrote: No, he was clarifying that no one bloc of her supporters are but individual supporters are:

Is he talking about her bra and garters ?

Ewww... I think I just threw-up, a little.
Sick
I said this during the primaries, but Trump's rise is almost wholly due to white people, men especially, being tired of being told how much they suck. I'm a big fan of some of the progress we've made as a country in the last decade. I said years ago on the old board that the federal government would ensure same sex marriage, I did not expect it to happen so soon. I have zero issue with transgender rights, I've always said that what makes an adult happy and doesn't hurt anyone else is no one's business. The problem was/is that, like most movements, once one hurdle is leaped it's on to the next one. No hurdle of substance left? No problem we'll create one. Cultural appropriation? Could any term be more inane? White privilege, sorry, it's just code for calling white people inherently racist.

The left has allowed it's loudest, most obnoxious, members to define itself for about the last two years. Anytime you do that you will pay a price among the more moderate members of our population. The right paid the price eight years ago and continued to pay for several years. The left didn't learn and made the same mistake. I suppose learning from past mistakes is too much to ask from the human race.
I said Republicans, but the real answer is "dip shits who voted for him". I get people who can't stand Hillary. I just don't understand how someone how hate her so much that they vote for someone who has no experience, no self control, a terrible temperament, calls people names when they disagree with him, and is using bigotry to invigorate a previously silent white nationalist crowd.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(09-17-2016, 11:50 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: One of the benefits to having a society that is highly educated is it makes it that much harder for them to be manipulated by fear and I'd like to think a blowhard on the stage saying "Believe me!" over and over again like it's credible simply wouldn't hold water. No one should be seriously considering this guy.

Not saying it's as simple as Americans are stupid there are other things that play a role. The world is a scary place right now and prime for fear-mongering and the disdain for our politics is messing with people but there is a reason why Trump likes the uneducated.

On the other hand though the Republicans fostered Trump and his bigotry and ended up creating room for this monster to grow. For years the Republicans have been saying our immigration system has been ruining our country, your guns are under siege and that the whole foundation of America is unraveling right before our eyes. Well they ended up saying and pushing those talking points hard enough that their supporters became too extreme even for them and none of them were willing to provide what Trump has.

This.  Over. and Over.  and Over.  and Over. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

(09-18-2016, 07:48 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: No one gets rich being in office, it's the stuff after. Bill still gets a lot of attention and they could coast on that for their entire lives. She has seen the stress and hardships of the office and, quite frankly, still wants to do it. It would be far easier for them to ride things out the way they were, still raking in money for speaking fees and what not. I am not seeing the logic in your statement. Like it or not, Bill and Hillary have devoted their lives to civil service, so there is more evidence there for their altruism than anything on Donald's side of the balance.

Tell me again how much Obama's new home costs?

https://ballotpedia.org/Personal_Gain_Index_(U.S._Congress)
(09-19-2016, 05:56 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Tell me again how much Obama's new home costs?

That's pretty deceptive. The first person on that list, Chellie Pingree, married a billionaire while in office, hence why her net worth shot up so much. 

Besides a few people who were already millionaires, those changes don't seem so crazy. I'm going to assume most of those millionaires, like Jeff Denham for example, were just fudging the numbers prior to running. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(09-19-2016, 05:56 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Tell me again how much Obama's new home costs?

(09-19-2016, 07:15 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: That's pretty deceptive. The first person on that list, Chellie Pingree, married a billionaire while in office, hence why her net worth shot up so much. 

Besides a few people who were already millionaires, those changes don't seem so crazy. I'm going to assume most of those millionaires, like Jeff Denham for example, were just fudging the numbers prior to running. 

This. Also, if you can show me their gains were due to their being in office then you have a point. But what people typically think of as making a politician rich seriously don't come until later. That being said, the money they can save with the number of Congressional perks available to them is also pretty substantial.

Sarah Palin sells Ariz. mansion for $2.275M

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/09/19/sarah-palin-sells-ariz-mansion/90719876/

Quote:PHOENIX — Sarah Palin, former Alaska governor and Republican vice-presidential candidate, has sold her upscale Scottsdale retreat for $2.275 million.

The 7,900-square-foot mansion, situated on five acres near Pinnacle Peak, was originally listed for almost $2.5 million.

Palin and her husband, Todd, paid $1.75 million for the six-bedroom house in 2011. The couple used a Delaware LLC called Safari Investments to quietly buy the property.
[/url]
[Image: 636042575898665550-A06-SPECIAL-NEEDS-08.jpg]

USA TODAY

Track Palin OKs plea deal in domestic violence case

[Image: 636010009231792316-AP-PEOPLE-BRISTOL-PALIN-78469766.JPG]

USA TODAY

Reports: Bristol Palin marries Medal of Honor recipient

[url=http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/06/08/bristol-palin-dakota-meyer-married/85617112/]
The Palins upgraded their Scottsdale home, adding a lighted sports court with a full-size basketball court and putting green complete with artificial turf.
Scott S. Hill bought the former Palin home, according to public records filed Monday morning.
[Image: 636098869175328645-palinscottsdale.jpg]
Sarah Palin, former Alaska governor and Republican vice-presidential candidate, has sold her upscale Scottsdale retreat for $2.275 million. (Photo: Matt Moreno/Premier Lister)

Sen. John McCain picked Sarah Palin to be his his running mate on the 2008 Republican presidential ticket. She hasn't held public office since leaving her job as governor of Alaska in 2009.
For a while, it looked like the Palins would make Arizona home. In 2011, their daughter Bristol Palin bought a home in Pinal County for $172,000. She sold it in 2012 for $175,000.

Half term governor of Alaska.

That gig on the Match Game must really pay well.
They're selling bristol's ceremonial breeding grounds?