Poll: If Tyler Boyd was used as the #2 WR in 2024 – How well would he do ? – POLL
600 yards or less
601 to 700 yards
701 to 800 yards
801 to 900 yards
901 to 1,000 yards
Over 1,000 yards
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
If Tyler Boyd was used as the #2 WR in 2024 – How well would he do ? – POLL
Not saying that I want Tyler Boyd as the #2 wide receiver - just Curious.

Say the Bengals offer 29 year old Tyler Boyd a Robert Woods level contract (2 years $15,250,000) give

or take & Boyd accepts wanting to stay with the Bengals. (or some other Contract offer that he accepts to stay)

TEE Higgins is either Traded -or- stays with the Bengals & gets hurt forcing Tyler Boyd into the #2 role

because say other receivers on the Team are just not handling it as well as he is. (or one of them gets hurt)

Just how well to you think Tyler Boyd would perform in 2024 at #2 wide receiver in terms of yards ?

(See the yardage options on the POLL)
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2024, 04:19 PM)depthchart Wrote: Not saying that I want Tyler Boyd as the #2 wide receiver - just Curious.

Say the Bengals offer 29 year old Tyler Boyd a Robert Woods level contract (2 years $15,250,000) give

or take & Boyd accepts wanting to stay with the Bengals. (or some other Contract offer that he accepts to stay)

TEE Higgins is either Traded -or- stays with the Bengals & gets hurt forcing Tyler Boyd into the #2 role

because say other receivers on the Team are just not handling it as well as he is. (or one of them gets hurt)

Just how well to you think Tyler Boyd would perform in 2024 at #2 wide receiver in terms of yards ?

(See the yardage options on the POLL)

No idea...but what I do think is that Noah Fant will replace Boyd as part of the big 3 in 2024.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2024, 04:23 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: No idea...but what I do think is that Noah Fant will replace Boyd as part of the big 3 in 2024.  Ninja

So a shift to more Tight End involvement.

Fant would have to become Big because I don't think that he has established himself at a high level yet.

Working with Burrow could help Fant take a step up, though.

He would have a good chance of being better than Hayden Hurst.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2024, 04:32 PM)depthchart Wrote: So a shift to more Tight End involvement.

Fant would have to become Big because I don't think that he has established himself at a high level yet.

Working with Burrow could help Fant take a step up, though.

He would have a good chance of being better than Hayden Hurst.

He showed what he's capable of in Denver, when he had 68 catches with Bridgewater and 62 catches with Drew Lock at QB. Give him Joe Burrow, with Chase and Higgins accounting for 3 defenders on most plays... Mellow.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2024, 04:39 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: He showed what he's capable of in Denver, when he had 68 catches with Bridgewater and 62 catches with Drew Lock at QB. Give him Joe Burrow, with Chase and Higgins accounting for 3 defenders on most plays... Mellow.

Fant was a 20th overall 1st round pick. Now 26 years old.

Played in 16 games in 2021 & 17 games in 2022 then 11 games in 2023 due to a hand injury. (not the legs)

He seems durable. 

Fant's top 3 yardage seasons were 562, 673, 670

Staying healthy all season with Burrow could give him his best season yet.
Reply/Quote
800-900 yards is my guess. It seems like recently he kind of got phased out of the offense a bit with their growing obsession over passing behind the LoS and passing to the sidelines (neither of which are really his strength). So I guess it is more about if they're willing to use him where he's good, past the LoS and between the numbers, than if he's the #2.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2024, 05:08 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 800-900 yards is my guess. It seems like recently he kind of got phased out of the offense a bit with their growing obsession over passing behind the LoS and passing to the sidelines (neither of which are really his strength). So I guess it is more about if they're willing to use him where he's good, past the LoS and between the numbers, than if he's the #2.

Boyd just turned 29 mid November, so he isn't an old man yet.

Tyreek Hill will be 30 in March.

Boyd is no Hill but he may have more left in the Tank than some Fans might think.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2024, 05:17 PM)depthchart Wrote: Boyd just turned 29 mid November, so he isn't an old man yet.

Boyd is no Hill but he may have more left in the Tank than some Fans might think.

I think there's a good chance of Boyd going to Pittsburgh. It makes since...it's where he's from, where he played college ball and he said he loves Tomlin and has talked about the possibility of playing for him. I could easily see it happening, especially if they cut Robinson...which seems a given.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2024, 05:30 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I think there's a good chance of Boyd going to Pittsburgh. It makes since...it's where he's from, where he played college ball and he said he loves Tomlin and has talked about the possibility of playing for him. I could easily see it happening, especially if they cut Robinson...which seems a given.

I hope not. Would be a shame to have to hate Boyd.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I could see him going to Pittsburgh as well.

When used as a number 2 or 1 WR, I'm trying to think of a year he had less than 1000 yards.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2024, 05:42 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I hope not. Would be a shame to have to hate Boyd.

Pitt Sux
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2024, 05:56 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I could see him going to Pittsburgh as well.

When used as a number 2 or 1 WR, I'm trying to think of a year he had less than 1000 yards.

I think that Tyler Boyd would make Pittsburgh better.

I would not be surprised if Boyd rose to the occasion and put up a 1,000 yard season in the #2 role.

My Vote is 801 to 900.

Would it be far fetched for the Bengals to use Boyd to help Bridge through a 2024 Trade of Tee ?

Still bring in a high round rookie but transition with Boyd at #2 for a while if needed ?
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2024, 09:35 PM)depthchart Wrote: I think that Tyler Boyd would make Pittsburgh better.

I would not be surprised if Boyd rose to the occasion and put up a 1,000 yard season in the #2 role.

My Vote is 801 to 900.

Would it be far fetched for the Bengals to use Boyd to help Bridge through a 2024 Trade of Tee ?

Still bring in a high round rookie but transition with Boyd at #2 for a while if needed ?

I don't think Boyd is coming back. Burrow's press conference confirmed it for me. He was asked about Boyd and said something like, we'll see, the nfl is a business and things need to play out. 

I think they try to bring Higgins back for a run on the franchise tag or a deal. First priorities are re-signing Chase and bringing in help in the trenches. 

I think Boyd can be replaced by our young receivers. I would draft another wideout in the 4th or later if the right player is there.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2024, 04:51 PM)depthchart Wrote: Fant was a 20th overall 1st round pick. Now 26 years old.

Played in 16 games in 2021 & 17 games in 2022 then 11 games in 2023 due to a hand injury. (not the legs)

He seems durable. 

Fant's top 3 yardage seasons were 562, 673, 670

Staying healthy all season with Burrow could give him his best season yet.

Fant hasnt played with a great Qb yet.  He is my top FA.  There are a handful of OTs and DTs that could work but Fant could be special with Burrow.

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2024, 09:48 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Fant hasnt played with a great Qb yet.  He is my top FA.  There are a handful of OTs and DTs that could work but Fant could be special with Burrow.

I'm more of a Dalton Schultz guy. Sign me up for the proven vet that knows how to get open and has great hands. 

Fant to me is a player that was hyped coming out and never really did much. Maybe it's the QB. I'll leave it up to the coaches to look at his tape and determine how good he is at getting open and catching the ball. They did a good job with the Hurst signing, not so much this year--but overall they've been good at signing free agents.

That said, it seems like the Bengals shop for the bargain bin tight ends and maybe Fant fits that role.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2024, 09:55 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I'm more of a Dalton Schultz guy. Sign me up for the proven vet that knows how to get open and has great hands. 

Fant to me is a player that was hyped coming out and never really did much. Maybe it's the QB. I'll leave it up to the coaches to look at his tape and determine how good he is at getting open and catching the ball. They did a good job with the Hurst signing, not so much this year--but overall they've been good at signing free agents.

That said, it seems like the Bengals shop for the bargain bin tight ends and maybe Fant fits that role.

Fant wont be a bargain bin acquisition.  

Id like Schultz as well. Good player.

I prefer Fant due to his speed and athleticism. 

Schultz career long reception is 32 yards, his other longest: 31, 30, 28.  
Fants career long reception is 75 yards, he has hit 51 twice.

Be great to have a guy that can catch the ball down the field and get many yards after the catch. 
I would overpay for Fant and easily take him over any FA TE this year.  

Reply/Quote
When Boyd was our #2 WR he got over 1k yards both years (2018 + 2019). When he was our #3 WR while Burrow had a full healthy year he had about 800 yards each year. It's not hard to guess that he would have 900+ or even 1k+ if he was our #2. IMO Boyd is the type of receiver who can have a longer NFL career. The best things about him are his durability and his route running.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2024, 10:05 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Fant wont be a bargain bin acquisition.  

Id like Schultz as well. Good player.

I prefer Fant due to his speed and athleticism. 

Schultz career long reception is 32 yards, his other longest: 31, 30, 28.  
Fants career long reception is 75 yards, he has hit 51 twice.

Be great to have a guy that can catch the ball down the field and get many yards after the catch. 
I would overpay for Fant and easily take him over any FA TE this year.  

I'm seeing that Irv Smith Jr signed a 1 year $1,750,000 contract for last season with the Bengals.

Just how much more will the Bengals be willing to spend for a 2024 Free Agent TE ?

I assume that Schultz would cost more than Fant but either may likely cost more than $1,750,000.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2024, 10:14 PM)depthchart Wrote: I'm seeing that Irv Smith Jr signed a 1 year $1,750,000 contract for last season with the Bengals.

Just how much more will the Bengals be willing to spend for a 2024 Free Agent TE ?

I assume that Schultz would cost more than Fant but either may likely cost more than $1,750,000.

I know PFF is projecting him at 9m, so I would guess somewhere in the 7m range.

Last year, they were close with Engram and Hurst, who were projected at 14m and 8.5 per year, and ended up getting 13.7 and 7.25.

But, were way off on others. Schultz was projected at 14m and got 6.25. Gesicki was projected at 11m, got 4.5. Hooper was projected at 8.5, got 2.75.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2024, 05:17 PM)depthchart Wrote: Boyd just turned 29 mid November, so he isn't an old man yet.

So Boyd will turn 30 next season?
Don't you know, it's a NFL "STANDARD", that when players reach 30, you terminate them?   Ninja
Reply/Quote