Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If We Sign Only One More Big FA
I wanted Tretter but I think at this point you get Spain and let him and Carmen battle it out for LG.

The only thing this defense is really missing is an absolute STAR. Not sure there's a player out there left but if Gilmore can turn back the clock he can do it for us.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
I want Larry Ogunjobi back. We'll draft CB2 at 31.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Tretter for me. But with Wayne's still on the payroll, we have to be approaching the cap.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
Enjoy this shit man. We’ve never went this hard to protect a QB.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 02:55 AM)Housh Wrote: Enjoy this shit man. We’ve never went this hard to protect a QB.

True.   But  if we don't go all out to protect THIS QB, then we'll be protecting Brandon Allen, and I would rather die a slow death by poison than to have to face that proposition. In fact,  I would rather be sqeezed to death by a boa constrictor than to face Sundays without Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 02:47 AM)Storer50 Wrote: Tretter for me. But with Wayne's still on the payroll, we have to be approaching the cap.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Another thing to consider - If we can extend Bates before the deadline, that clears up $6-8M in space (depending on structure).
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 08:14 PM)BuildTheWall Wrote: Which position?

Cornerback
Interior O-Line
Defensive End
Defensive Tackle
Weapon (WR/TE/RB)
Linebacker

Share your thoughts. Personally I’m team “sign one more starting corner.”

With you 100% on CB, but the market is very weak....Gilmore and Haden are a bit too old for me....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd be surprised if anymore "big" FA signings happen, but I'm sure they are mining for depth/value plays for if/when they present themselves. I could see something like a Mackensie Alexander being brought back perhaps.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 12:34 AM)QueenCity Wrote: I wanted Tretter but I think at this point you get Spain and let him and Carmen battle it out for LG.

The only thing this defense is really missing is an absolute STAR. Not sure there's a player out there left but if Gilmore can turn back the clock he can do it for us.

I don't believe we have the cap space to sign anyone else that is a big name. The draft cap hit will be somewhere between $4M and $6M and Cincinnati rolled over $5.2M this season from last. The details of Collins' contract is unknown right now, but Liscow is guessing $8M in year one which would put us right around $12M remaining. Assuming Cincinnati rolls $5M again and the draft is also $5M, that leaves Cincinnati with $2M in spending money, unless someone gets cut. Waynes would be the first candidate.

For what it's worth, Malik Wright has claimed that Cincinnati spoke to Gilmore and if he came here, it would be surprising. 
Reply/Quote
CB or a legit red zone threat TE.

Finishing off once in the red zone has been a problem for this team. I'd love to see a big bodied but quick TE that could be a reliable target for Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 10:20 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I don't believe we have the cap space to sign anyone else that is a big name. The draft cap hit will be somewhere between $4M and $6M and Cincinnati rolled over $5.2M this season from last. The details of Collins' contract is unknown right now, but Liscow is guessing $8M in year one which would put us right around $12M remaining. Assuming Cincinnati rolls $5M again and the draft is also $5M, that leaves Cincinnati with $2M in spending money, unless someone gets cut. Waynes would be the first candidate.

For what it's worth, Malik Wright has claimed that Cincinnati spoke to Gilmore and if he came here, it would be surprising. 

It's a 3 year deal at 10 per, but they said year 3 is essentially a void year (First time we have done that I can think of). I am guessing that 8 million hit this year is probably accurate.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 10:31 AM)Au165 Wrote: It's a 3 year deal at 10 per, but they said year 3 is essentially a void year (First time we have done that I can think of). I am guessing that 8 million hit this year is probably accurate.

Nice, thanks AU. I hadn't seen the details yet. I'm not aware of any other contracts having a void year, so that's also new to me. 
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 10:33 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Nice, thanks AU. I hadn't seen the details yet. I'm not aware of any other contracts having a void year, so that's also new to me. 
Riley Reiff had a void year. Hence, his $2.5M dead cap hit this year. Can’t recall anyone else having one, though.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 08:31 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I would love to see us sign Jarvis Landry to do returns. May be too much just for that but I’m sure we can find room for him. He’s durable, still has the speed with good hands. Let’s do it!!!

Heard the browns are trying to get him back 
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 08:14 PM)BuildTheWall Wrote: Which position?

Cornerback
Interior O-Line
Defensive End
Defensive Tackle
Weapon (WR/TE/RB)
Linebacker

Share your thoughts. Personally I’m team “sign one more starting corner.”

I don't want to be greedy, but give me one of the best FB's in the NFL who can also play a little DL

Rickard from the Ravens and then focus on the draft
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I would sign JC Tretter and finish the job completely rebuilding the OL. I think LG will be an issue all year so why not fix it, these next 2 years is our window lets go for it. We also have almost no quality depth on the OL currently, with 1 or 2 injuries this upcoming year we would be back to where we were last year. If we sign JC Tretter it would give us tons of options if anyone misses time plus it would give us a much stronger starting OL.
Reply/Quote
DT
Reply/Quote
Restructuring only works if the player is willing. It cannot be done unilaterally. And it isjust kicking the can down the road. Which does have value (the cap goes up).
Reply/Quote
FWIW, I don't think there is a BIG FA out there that is worth it.

If we do it, we probably have to cut Waynes, so CB junps out. Gilmore is kinda long in the tooth, and more if a man guy, not zone.

I think numerous mid-size bites is more likely (Spain, Flowers, Stanley Morgan). I think we may look for a vet bargain like Carolina did with Bozman. If we can get Larry O back at a discount, I'd do that. If Gilmore, Wagner, Landry types want to take a haircut to play here, that would be great.

Another round of vet guys may be available post draft. And certainly after cutdowns. IIRC, some of the FAs hang around a while. When did we sign Spain last year?
Reply/Quote
Defensive Line.

Super Bowls are won on the defensive line.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote