Poll: If they Beat the Titans , Who Do You Think the Bengals Would Stand the Best Chance of Beating?
This poll is closed.
Chiefs
37.50%
6 37.50%
Bills
62.50%
10 62.50%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
If We Win On Saturday... Who Do We Want Next?
(01-20-2022, 09:04 PM)motoarch Wrote: Bills.

Might be an unpopular reason but because I'd rather they have a shot at the SB then anyone else left on the board.

Obviously I want us to win but I'd rather lose to them than KC and risk another KC TB SB.

Same here.  I'm all for new blood in the tourney, us first and foremost.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Simple ...

1. We are 2 - 0  in AFC Conferences games.

2. We are 2 - 0 against the Bills in the playoffs.
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 08:18 PM)Nepa Wrote: To early for this thread. 

Who do you want us to play in the super bowl?  I want San Francisco.
Reply/Quote
I may be the only one but give me the Chiefs. Bills look good. Chiefs are a little overrated IMO. Plus think people are giving them credit for prior years success which doesn’t mean anything this year. Playoff experience is great but I don’t think this team is as good as their prior ones.

As I’ve already stated in another thread the. Chiefs have already lost to Cincy, Tenn and Buffalo. 0-3 against remaining AFC playoff teams. We already beat them once.

When Burrow has played a team a 2nd time this year we scored on our first FOUR possessions all three times (Pitt/Bal/LV) after scoring on only 1 or 2 of first 4 possessions the first time we played these teams. We scored 2/4 possessions vs KC the first time. Then we were unstoppable in the 2nd half.

I didn’t see anything that defense was going to be able to do to stop us. Our Defense also found a way to slow down their O. I wouldn’t expect them to hold KC to 3 points a half again but I think round 2 they’d have a better overall showing than last time.

Buffalo’s defense scares me a lot more than KC’s. Buffalo’s fans would be a bigger challenge than KC’s imo. Buffalo wants it bad and KC is already kinda spoiled judging by their fans message boards. Weather likely a bigger potential issue in Buffalo as well.

Give me KC all day.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 09:58 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I may be the only one but give me the Chiefs. Bills look good. Chiefs are a little overrated IMO. Plus think people are giving them credit for prior years success which doesn’t mean anything this year. Playoff experience is great but I don’t think this team is as good as their prior ones.

As I’ve already stated in another thread the. Chiefs have already lost to Cincy, Tenn and Buffalo. 0-3 against remaining AFC playoff teams. We already beat them once.

When Burrow has played a team a 2nd time this year we scored on our first FOUR possessions all three times (Pitt/Bal/LV) after scoring on only 1 or 2 of first 4 possessions the first time we played these teams. We scored 2/4 possessions vs KC the first time. Then we were unstoppable in the 2nd half.

I didn’t see anything that defense was going to be able to do to stop us. Our Defense also found a way to slow down their O. I wouldn’t expect them to hold KC to 3 points a half again but I think round 2 they’d have a better overall showing than last time.

Buffalo’s defense scares me a lot more than KC’s. Buffalo’s fans would be a bigger challenge than KC’s imo. Buffalo wants it bad and KC is already kinda spoiled judging by their fans message boards. Weather likely a bigger potential issue in Buffalo as well.

Give me KC all day.

I agree. But honestly I don't give two craps who we play. I just want to get there. I guess to me your pretty spot on about KC. We played them and Burrow knows the defense. Both crowds will be loud and abusive. Good thing is I think Burrow thrives in that situation. 

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 09:26 PM)motoarch Wrote: Who do you want us to play in the super bowl?  I want San Francisco.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm sweating bullets about the game on Saturday. I think my flight or fight response is not allowing me to see beyond the big Titan in front of us.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 07:45 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not sure it really matters a ton. Either way you're going to have to play a great QB with a good defense.

I guess not Buffalo because it could be like -30 degrees?

Other than that, I think it'll just be a tough game that the Bengals would have to play a complete game to beat either.

Both teams have explosive offenses and good defenses. I'd probably rather see them play in KC because we've seen how well Allen plays in zero degree temps but we have no idea how Burrow would play. 

It's supposed to be in the mid 40s during the day and low 30s at night in KC next week and mid 30s in Buffalo with lows in the low 30s but it's Buffalo, so you'd almost have to expect snow and possible colder temps. 

Playing KC a second time doesn't bother me because it's not like the Bengals won on a fluke. They beat them straight up the entire 2nd half so they should go in there with a lot of confidence.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 08:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I want the Bills. It guarantees KC won't go to a 3rd straight Super Bowl

And if it's the Bills it will be just another in a long line of coincidences from '88. Played the Bills in the AFCCG that year. It would be a different venue but the same outcome.  Cool

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Bills.

I'd rather play a team we haven't faced yet.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 09:26 PM)motoarch Wrote: Who do you want us to play in the super bowl?  I want San Francisco.

And another '88 coincidence. Different venue, different outcome.  Cool

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 12:34 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Bills.

I'd rather play a team we haven't faced yet.

I know that either team we would play presents a daunting challenge. But that's what you expect at this point.  Like you, I'm still leaning towards wanting to face the Bills over the Chiefs.   Having said that, I think it will probably be the Chiefs that advance to the AFC championship.
Reply/Quote
If we win Saturday....I really don't think it matters. This team will be JACKED to play in a conference title game.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I don't care who we play right now. We had our "off" game last week, and won anyway. I think whoever we face from here out, is going to be dealing with us...RED HOT! Bring 'em all on!
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 08:26 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: While we're engaging in self-indulgent look-aheads (and I am on board, we can do whatever we want), let's consider:

If this team were to beat either the Chiefs or Bills to get to the Super Bowl, are you betting against them against any NFC team?

No to most teams.

NFC has more complete teams than the AFC.

Rams: Bengals better lube up.

Packers: Depends if McMoney can make his kicks.

Bucs: Brady? Hell nah.

49ers: With Nick Bosa out we got a shot.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 08:20 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'd prefer the Bills for three reasons:

1. First, in terms of the game, I think the Bills are a little more hot and cold than the Chiefs are. Since their early game slump, the Chiefs have been consistently good. The Bills have been up and down, much like us, throughout the season. They go as their QB goes. He's their top running threat and their entire passing offense. He's had a 3 interception game as recently as this month against the Falcons, followed it up with a 53% completion percentage game against the Jets and then he had the 5 TD game against the Patriots. The best case scenario would be they run super hot to beat the Chiefs and then run cold to lose to the Bengals.

2. Second, I really don't want a third consecutive year of the Chiefs in the Super Bowl. The sooner they are beat, the better.

3. Third, I love the Bills. Not only are they a small market team like us, but they're a chronically downtrodden team with a dedicated fan base with a passion for their team. The whole Andy Dalton thing was incredible and I gained so much respect for that fan base. They have continued doing things like that too, sometimes to comical effect. They donated over $20,000 to a visually impaired charity just to tell refs that they're blind. Love those fans.

Agree, Bills Mafia is ok by me.

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2022, 12:35 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: And another '88 coincidence. Different venue, different outcome.  Cool

....and an ex QB coach that didn't do so hot at the college level as our HC. Ninja

Reply/Quote
Kansas City would be my pick,simply because of Joe Burrow and the way he can read defenses.Burrow just has their number.And he’s already played them once,and is on to to their schemes and tactics.Once Burrow gets a defense figured out,then he can pick it apart.I know the Chiefs would probably go at least thirty points or more,but second time around,I think Burrow could go forty plus.

This Bengals team is built for long sustained touchdown scoring drives, and converting on fourth down ,which keeps Mahomes and company off the field.
Reply/Quote
I voted Bills but not necessarily because I view them as the easier opponent. I just would rather Buffalo advance over KC if the Bengals lose, but that won't happen so....
Reply/Quote