Poll: If the Bengals Win the Toss, Would You Prefer We Take the Ball or Defer?
This poll is closed.
Take the Ball First
82.86%
29 82.86%
Defer to Second Half
17.14%
6 17.14%
Total 35 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If We Win the Toss .........
Take the ball! Why change a winning formula? Drive the field, score and take their crowd out of the game just like last week. Trust in Joe!
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2023, 05:56 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Can't be. Chiefs scored first last year. 

lol dammit, really need to stop paying attention to all that outside crap.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2023, 06:09 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: lol dammit, really need to stop paying attention to all that outside crap.

It's getting to be almost shocking how often talking heads get a stat or simple name wrong these days. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
The start of the game should be the most loose that Mahomes and Kelce are going to be all half. If you can get a big 8 minute drive to start the game, they're just going to be sitting on the sideline the entire time trying to stay loose in the cold, I like them having to come in cold, tight, and sore, and try to answer.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Marvin used to defer. I actually used to like knowing we got the ball first after half, but this team is different.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2023, 06:50 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Marvin used to defer. I actually used to like knowing we got the ball first after half, but this team is different.

WWMD?

DTO

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2023, 05:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Lou is the Master of adjustments. Taking the ball first ensures the opponent will not have more offensive series than us (barring Defensive TDs).

Let them get the short end of the stick on offensive possesions in the 1/2 half and allow Lou to adjust at halftime

Excellent point. I picked defer just cause that seems to be the standard. I know we've done really well scoring first but I didn't even think about our 2nd half adjustments defensively. 
Reply/Quote